Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 21-11-2012

Default Core-RC 45 capacitor

I have the core 45 but I am wanting to change the capacitor, as it has a really large footprint, its rated at 25v 470uf x2 would the smaller hobbywing capacitor be ok to use? its rated at 16v 330uF x2

Thanks
Old 21-11-2012

Are you going Supastox racing?
I'm thinking about it myself.
Old 21-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by niallcochran View Post
I have the core 45 but I am wanting to change the capacitor, as it has a really large footprint, its rated at 25v 470uf x2 would the smaller hobbywing capacitor be ok to use? its rated at 16v 330uF x2

Thanks

I'd have thought the 25v rating on that cap pack is a bit high, but it's probably down to cost why the bigger pack is used. Those 25v 470uf electrolytic caps used are cheaper than say the 16v 330uf solid aluminium caps used on the hobbywing pack. Are you running 1S (3.7v) or 2S (7.4v)? In theory if you're not running over 2S packs then caps upto 10V rating will be fine.

I run the hobbywing 2x 16v330uf pack on my 2S car, and a single 16v330uf solid aluminium cap on my 1S tekin RS. The single cap is the same as the ones used on the hobbywing double cap pack.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 22-11-2012

thanks Neal, will order a hobbywing capacitor