Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 06-12-2011

Default lrp question

right chaps im running an lrp sxx v2 and an lrp x12 9.5t brushless in my losi 22 with stock gearing 23/76 as recommended in the manuak but im finding the motor and esc are getting quite hot havnt temped them out yet but put it this way you cant hold your finger on it. I have turned the esc settings right down to try and tame it down a bit and it has made a difference to how it drives but the temps are still high. any suggestions?
just to add ive just checked my esc and it was set at 4 on the boost/timing mode so ive turnedn it down to 1 to see what happens but has anyone changed the gearing at all from stock? im also running on a tight track with one medium straight and one jump.
thanks
james
Speed Passion
Airtronics
JC Racing

Paint by The Chef
Graphic skins by RC DC
Old 06-12-2011

Darren runs a 20t pinion according to his setup here: http://www.petitrc.com/setup/losi/se...023/index.html

Check the actual temp of the motor and speedo, then post back. Also check your drive train is free when there is no motor connected to it.
Old 06-12-2011

lrp motors always run hot but as been said try a smaller pinion and work from there always better trying a smaller pinion first

If u can't beat them join them