Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Closed Thread

Old 24-02-2014

Location: Nottingham till I retire, then Caribbean or Palawan.
Default Friday's racing and small question up for discussion.

Just wanted to say that Friday's Clubman racing was amazingly freaking close amongst the tourers. A tonne of fun!

I also wanted to ask something? Anyone up for an all out Clubman outing? By all out I mean any timing, just let's see how fast the old Tamiya plastic pieces can go round the track.

Thoughts? Perhaps two heats? Clubman and Clubman/Outlaw... just as a one off It is just a little suggestion, that's all. Perhaps when there are enough F1s a couple of the fastly tuned tourers could go on the F1 heat.

Failing approval (given the nature of the class this would be entirely understandable), perhaps we could do a brief TC takeover and run Clubman cars amongst the TCs... It may be conducive to carnage amongst the plastic cars, but might be fun as a one off
Old 24-02-2014
Mad Member

Im up for that - will stick the 8.5 in the TA05 and activate the turbo boost.

Chassis/drive train should take it, until I hit a wall
Old 24-02-2014

I'm really NOT wanting to be the "Fun Police" here, but I've heard you all complaining about not wanting rocket-ship cars in the Clubman class, and we have now therefore agreed a set of rules as a Committee, to govern the speed of the cars in this class. This was specifically to reduce "carnage amongst plastic cars". So now I'm confused why you are now proposing to go back to this.

If you're proposing a rule change, please can we scope this out properly and bring it to the Committee for approval and implementation with the right visibility to all club members?

If we're going to use this class as a fully flexible heat where anything goes (which is what I'm now hearing), why don't we just revert to the previous "Outlaw" rules which enabled people to run whatever they want in this heat?

All of the above is intended to be positive and constructive.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 24-02-2014

Fair point, well made. If we want to try running a plastic TC at TC class speeds we need to book in for TC.
Old 24-02-2014
Mad Member

Fair point Paul RE keeping Clubman at modest paced - 13T is plenty fast enough and we don't want it to become outlaw.

But there is nothing stopping us running our over-boosted plastic tubs in TC class? Im quite interested to see how a TA05 performs against Mi5s with similar electrics.

Even if we don't stick to touring rules (is it 10.5 or 13.5?), there may be an option to run in that class but not score points.
Old 24-02-2014

You keep on saying tubs, but some of us run TL01s and M03s which are monocoques not tubs.

Sorry to be picky, but my Tamiya is a square plastic pipe with wheels, not a tub
Closed Thread