Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-01-2016
Awesome Admin

Default Rory Culls 93 worlds car

Well this car sort of found me rather than me hunting for it. I was contacted on Facebook by a guy wanting to pick my brain about some cars that he had got from his uncle.
After a few messages he stated sending my pics of the cars and then this one pic came through and I spotted somthing in the background, which turned out to be a Rory Cull shell as that was his cousin. And a few more messages and then the pics of a couple of Yokomo's came through that were in desperate need of tlc and then I spotted this

So this really got my attention so on further examination it turned out to be a 93WCS! Then it hit me and I remembered the thread on here about Rory's paint scheme and looked for it and this picture

So a couple more messages and it turned out he had the shell too! Well obviously I tried to buy it then but he wouldn't sell it but said if he did I had first dibs.
So Saturday I got another message saying he was thinking of selling another car he had but was unsure as he liked it then joked he should sell the other cars. Well I jumped at the chance and a deal was done but not just for the worlds car but for Rory's old works 93 too!! Plus a couple of other bits that he had which turned out to be loads.
In the box I got a massive stash of wheels

A NIP Protech body set

2 used shells and selection of undertrays the protech on the right is the actual shell that was run at the 93 worlds on the WCS

So the car itself like I said they both need tlc which they will get

There's a little more left of te works 93 but that's a whole other car

Looks like Masami wasn't the only one having trouble with stones at Basildon. This has a custom rear tower and camber link maybe Craig Dresher's dad made them as I know he use to make them parts for there cars.

It's also had the step smoothed out of the bulkhead

Few more pics

Apparently Rory finished 19th which is a dam sight better than I would of done
I am over the moon to have somthing with this history in my collection and I hope you all like the pics