Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 30-12-2012

I have run both the X6 and the Vega B4.
One of the reasons why the X6 works on dirt is because it generates grip through body roll and chassis flex. It feels very safe to drive although it feels a bit cumbersome in high grip conditions. Still a good car though.
The Vega chassis has no flex at all and on high grip tracks it changes direction faster making it feel very nimble and accurate to drive.
It isnt so good when the grip is low though. Wet grass and polished floor racing is hard going and getting the power down can be an issue.
I dare say you could get the Vega going on dirt/clay but it wouldnt be able to keep up with the rear motor cars.
Old 30-12-2012

I appreciate the info.

The guy up N who runs the Xfactory usually IS in the top 5 at most major races and seems to have a pretty good handle on the car. The faster guys are usually team drivers.

It would be interesting to try it. I know most of the euro guys are running on carpet and turf, but seeing some similarities with the X cars and Vega, I thought there could be some carryover.

I want a car that i can drive hard and that will corner well. the MR setup intrigues me. Anyone have insight with the Centro, is it like the others too?

MOmo
Old 30-12-2012

Buy yourself a B4.1 worlds +8mm car.
Old 31-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyClark View Post
Buy yourself a B4.1 worlds +8mm car.
I still might. My b4 has been thru several transformations and it might be nice to start fresh. I think I will always have a B4 of some sort in my arsenal, just looking to break from the norm.

MOmo
Old 31-12-2012

Never driven a Centro but i know from comparing side by side that the chassis has a lot more flex than the Vega. I have seen people pull out thier B4.1 to replace mid motor on wet astro though so not sure how it would work on dirt....would be interesting to find out!
Old 01-01-2013

Vega B4.1 gen1 was nearly impossible to drive on clay. Tried several times, then switched back to B4.1. Again in winter tried vega and it's stunning on high traction!
Old 02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by uijui View Post
Vega B4.1 gen1 was nearly impossible to drive on clay. Tried several times, then switched back to B4.1. Again in winter tried vega and it's stunning on high traction!
Explain how it's tougher to drive? Sorry, it's all I've known, other than outdoor dirt, which tends to be a tad looser. I have only seen footage from turf and carpet racing. It does look fun though.

Momo
Old 02-01-2013
Mad Member

We race Vega/x6/centro/22 on polished wood
They are fine against rear motor cars
Old 02-01-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Too true Mr Rebel! The winning car at our club 2wd championship was a Vega B4 Gen 1.

The best mods we found for low grip were 3.5 deg total rear toe in, 80-100g weight under the lipo and increase the anti squat shims to 2-3mm.

Silver springs all round with 2# pistons 35wt Front and 1# piston 30wt Rear was pretty good from memory.

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 02-01-2013

Finnish outdoor tracks are like ones one worlds 2011, but with weaker bite and more bumby. Nobody runs midmotor here at summer.

The problem was always, that on exiting corner, the rear loses bite (without warnig). I like vega, but only at indoor tracks, without so much little roughness on the track.