Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 25-11-2010

Alright Mike, good to see you making a comment here dude and nice work on all the paint jobs etc, they look sweeeeet.

I don' think the lower numbers at donny are anything special, I reckon its just the general ebb and flow between on and offroad and atm, its all moving towards offroad.

You're exactly right about driving standards, but everyone always tries their best. And yea, Paul and Kate aren't the best at having banter with, but they run a tight ship, and we provide the banter so its all good.

You exclusively a buggy man now then?
Old 26-11-2010

No worries dude and thanks for the thumbsup

Yeah solely 10th off road these days fella, the missus already thinks I've too many toys & hobbies already so sneaking a tourer into the garage might not go down too well
Old 30-11-2010

Send a message via MSN to Elation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Parker View Post
Yo Chris!

Used to race TC at Donny a few years back & remember you & Matt Dunning plus a lot of the other guys

Racing there I've had both positive & negative experiences but none the less it's a shame to hear about the declining numbers - Off Road has had an increase in popularity over the recent years so that will have had an impact perhaps.

I did find some of the guys who were involved in the running of the club pretty regimented and some of the driving standards when I raced there left a lot to be desired initially but enjoyed some good close racing as I moved up in the heats.

However I imagine that a lot of things may have changed since I last raced there & good to see you championing the club fella
Those were the good old days when it was quite competitive. Shame the numbers have gone down at the club, i think it could be that there isnt a shop in the area that does "racing" products, i cant race down there anymore due to work commitments but thats life.

Matt
Old 30-11-2010
Mad Member

club numbers wouldnt drop as bad if they offered more classes to race in,id race there if they had a m chassis class or a buggy class and im sure it would attract more people too,but if the people who run it dont want other classes there eventually it will end up closing.
Old 30-11-2010

As I said before, buggies will always be a no no, which tbh I can say fair enough to that because it is a little stress to include them. But an M chassis class would be bang on I think. So many young kids get given those as prezzies and it is something the local modelzone can support, whereas they can't support us TC boys.

You know what Chief, I may well suggest that on Friday (if I can get there, I'll get out my WRC C4 to make sure of it, though the boot space isn't that great lol) 'cos thats a top idea and something I really can see working at donny.

Matty me old, you getting down to Ardent this time or what? Get out the snow plow and it'll be fine buddy
Old 01-12-2010
Mad Member

haw can adding buggies be stress full?we run them at don valley with out jumps its just like running a wide saloon class really.if they can get the numbers for a mini class that would be great so long as they have rules for the class such as silver cans max 21turn like the ansmann motors a weight limit to keep it all fair.
Old 01-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to Elation

Would be an idea with the mini's to be fair, cheap as well

No im not mate, might not even be able to get to work never mind down there, plus iv abandoned the tc racing, iv lost interest in it

Matt
Old 01-12-2010

Fair enough dude, thats a shame.

As I said, mini's are a good idea 'cos a lot of young kids get bought them and the local shop can support them. That isn't the case for buggies and tbh, if we couldn't run the buggies properly I wouldn't want to do it at all. We aren't going to attract any of the offroad fraternity by running them on a TC track, afterall as you said, you guys will go to DV for that. As I understand it as well, DV isn't exactly flush with racers atm so the last thing they need is regulars to trot off to another club.

No, buggies isn't the thing for donny I don't think, but mini's might be a stroke of genius, it could bring in new young racers which is exactly what the hobby needs.
Old 02-12-2010
Mad Member

generally don valley has a turn out of around 25+ drivers normally running 3 rounds with 5 or 6 heats depending on what classes people run.we run the buggies flat track no jumps as its too much hassle humping them about between races just offers more classes for people to use there and hence more people turn up,

as for the minis i more then likely would come along depending on meeting dates thats if they will run the class