Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Norfolk Buggy Club

Old 12-03-2013

Red face noob intro and questions

hey chaps,i'm rory
i want to join the club,is the membership payable at the venue? i am still getting into the hobby,after messing around around with a kyosho raider when i was 16.
it seems a bit daunting after watching the vids on youtube!
i have some gear,but most quite old.
just got an old losi xx,after changing the reciever,it lives! it is brushed but so much faster than my other cars,i am planning on using this to start,then upgrade
to brushless lipo's ect. have a novak gtb otw,but the rest will be in dribs and drabs while i sell off old equiptment.
only got 27mhz radios,i hope to use this until i get 2.4 kit got 4 sets of crystals.
where can i get some bowties from all my rears are schumacer mini pins and spikes,anyway hope to see you all soon
Old 12-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

just seen this, will anwear all your questions tonight

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 12-03-2013

cheers,i live near fakenham,whats the best model shop my way?
Old 12-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory.c.h View Post
cheers,i live near fakenham,whats the best model shop my way?
out your way I'm not sure, but I've never found the models shops in norwich any good. I use apex, mb models, je spares or model sport online
Old 12-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Rory

First off, great stuff always great to see another racer and member! don't worry about your driving standard or ability, most of our members hit just about everything it really isn't important as long as your enjoying yourself and your driving ability will soon improve. as for the videos Max is a wizard with the editing software you only see the good stuff.
We try to run a friendly relaxed meeting at a laid back pace so don't worry about the age of your gear and the best way to get back up to the pace is club racing. don't worry about spending on bowties yet as we need to rebuild the dirt track as it to rough for 10th at the min and with the weather we have a the min I doubt we will be on it this month, when you need some I will have some with me at a good price.
Membership and everything else can be sorted at the 1st club meeting you come to and your first meeting is free! we try to race the middle and last sunday of the month, weather permitting. If you want to get a feel of things I think some of the lads are planning to head to the track this sunday for a practice and possibly a impromptu club meeting depending on numbers/weather but myself and a few others are away racing at stotfold.
As far as shop go I think there are a couple in kingslynn, in norwich you have Pegasus and in yarmouth Anglia Model centre, I know anglia has tyres in stock and will post just ask to speak to collin or mark and say you want to race at the club, At this time I would recommend schumacher yellow mini spike U6558 for the rear and for your car U6581 mini spike for the front. Don't get mini pins unless you wish to do some indoor racing! also maybe a set of ballistic buggy spikes in green compound if it gets really wet
Any questions never fear to ask on here or shove me a pm. just keep an eye on here for meeting details etc

Dave
head cook and bottle washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory.c.h View Post
hey chaps,i'm rory
i want to join the club,is the membership payable at the venue? i am still getting into the hobby,after messing around around with a kyosho raider when i was 16.
it seems a bit daunting after watching the vids on youtube!
i have some gear,but most quite old.
just got an old losi xx,after changing the reciever,it lives! it is brushed but so much faster than my other cars,i am planning on using this to start,then upgrade
to brushless lipo's ect. have a novak gtb otw,but the rest will be in dribs and drabs while i sell off old equiptment.
only got 27mhz radios,i hope to use this until i get 2.4 kit got 4 sets of crystals.
where can i get some bowties from all my rears are schumacer mini pins and spikes,anyway hope to see you all soon

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 13-03-2013

thanks for the warm welcome! weather looks ok for sunday so i may come down to say hello,as long as there is someone else there!
Old 14-03-2013

I will be down Sunday morning if the weathers good. Rory i suggest you come down one Sunday before you buy any new gear and talk to people about what equipment you need. Everyone is friendly and relaxed its not like a BRCA Nationals!
Old 15-03-2013

yeah will come have look sunday!
Old 17-03-2013

Default Today

Hi the weather looks ok so Im going down the club but wont be that early as I have to fix the indicator on my bike and re-build the buggy shocks first
Old 17-03-2013

see you there