Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 24-09-2010

Default Doncaster touring car club

Hey guys just thought I would give a big shout out to my local touring club seen as its getting towards the indoor season. Numbers have been low over the summer so we want to find all you touring boys, pull you out from whatever rock it is you've been hiding under and get you racing!

The official site with rules and location etc is here http://www.touringcars.org.uk/

We also have an unofficial site run by one our members with a forum and general RC fun/news, you can find it here
http://donnyracing.yolasite.com/

We have a nice big track and meetings are always a tightly run ship!

I know some touring car clubs have been going under recently and the last thing us racers need is for another one to go down the swanny, so show your support and get down to race. We are all friendly folk so comedown and give it a go.

Hope to see you all soon on a friday night. Cheers,

Chris (self appointed club promotions officer )
Old 24-09-2010

Default SMASHED CARS

I raced there for a couple of years but I had to stop going because of the
way people smash your car off the track.I talked to Paul about it but he
didn't realy care.I'll stick to buggy racing it's much cleaner with less breakages.
Steve.
Old 24-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGGIE XL View Post
I raced there for a couple of years but I had to stop going because of the
way people smash your car off the track.I talked to Paul about it but he
didn't realy care.I'll stick to buggy racing it's much cleaner with less breakages.
Steve.
Fair enough mate, unfortunately a few people have no etiquette. wasn't trying to entice people away from buggies, just wanted to round up all the touring guys to help protect another club, I think everyone can sympathise with that.

I don't want everyone to think the place is some sort of destruction derby though, its not really fair to bad mouth the club like that, people can come and make up there own mind.

I'm going to be starting buggies soon and really looking forward to it, hope you continue to have good buggy racing as well Steve.

Was a good meeting tonight, there was some top driving going on, shame I couldn't match it!
Hopefully we will see some more new faces again in two weeks time!
Old 25-09-2010

Are you thinking of running indoor buggy tracks at donny?
Old 25-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest501 View Post
Are you thinking of running indoor buggy tracks at donny?
Unfortunately I think there is basically no chance of that. If I were running the club then I would be all for it and happy to sort out the extra organisation and work/effort. But I don't run it, Paul does and having gone there for 9 years I know he won't run any buggies.

Sad but true. Although this has always been a TC club and there is nothing wrong with that. We had pretty good numbers yesterday, virtually 4 full heats which was a bit better than normal, but the more the merrier as we could cope with/would like 6 heats like in the old days a year years back.

So come on down!
Old 06-10-2010

Hi Chris,

I've just moved back to the area and I am looking to start racing again. Didn't know there was a club in Doncaster and I might come down this Friday. Anyway just a quick question, I see on the club site that it says from 2006 you are running a 27T brushed motor limit. Is this limit still in place and no one runs brushless? I just ask as I don't think I have anymore brushed stock motors.

Thanks

Jon
Old 18-11-2010

I am running a buggy at mo but thinking of trying to get myself a HPI sprint or a TC4 n ebay, still learning to control RC cars but there is a small group of 4 of us that might pop over sometime.

Do you guys welcome newbies? I dont think well ever be purchasing super competitive cars as we just want to have fun and our main focus is buggys. But if we can mix it up with HPI or TC4 type things we'd be more than happy to pop along sometime.
Old 19-11-2010
Mad Member

i used to race there years ago and stopped going because it was getting too competitive spoke to a kid who works at tags a fair few months ago said its still the same and newbies are welcome but you have to go all the time if you dont there arses with you!to be honest you want to go some where to have fun not be to get crap off other drivers because your not as good and get in there way.
Old 19-11-2010

if thats the case and apologies for the thread hijack, what other clubs are around south/west yorks ?
Old 19-11-2010
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Hi,

Theres:

www.robinhoodraceway.com , near bawtry

www.worksopraceway.com

www.batleybuggyclub.co.uk
Old 19-11-2010

Worksop is only about 20 mins for me so sounds ideal, is it a club that runs weekly or just organised race meetings. I'm a noob really and want to learn the ropes but not get in the real racers way if you know what i mean.
Old 19-11-2010
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Im sorry, these clubs are off-road, was it on-road you were looking for?
Old 19-11-2010

No off road is looking favourite. I used to race 1/10th IC but fancy a change to off road.
Old 19-11-2010
Mad Member

theres a club at don valley stadium which runs all classes touring cars buggies and minis too but they dont do a full race meeting they generally run 2 or 3 rounds with no final this is there website http://sanddmcc.org/index.html
Old 24-11-2010

Sorry I have missed all these posts, have been away for a while.

Jon, the club website hasn't been updated for some time, the lad who started it up is at uni and so it doesn't get the updates we'd like. Most people run brushless and the current club rules are anything down to 10.5 is fine. I personally run a 13.5 and its plenty fast enough. Come on down.

Tempest, newbies are more than welcome, I'm sure there will be plenty of people of a similar skill level to yourself. If you ever need any help there are lots of friendly people there, me included . So if you need some help/advice you can come find me in the pits. Plenty of friendly banter as well

To comment on what Chief said, I only have good experiences of the club. I've been going there since 2001 and it will always be my home track. There was a rule brought in some years ago about members missing X amount of meetings in a row, but RC was in a better state then and there was high attendance and demand for member slots. That isn't the case anymore, numbers have dropped off and so we are now in a situation where there are spare member slots, so there are no rules about missing any meetings, come when you please, and noone is going to get on at you, we all have lives to live and this is only RC after all.

We do run a tight ship, marshalling is strictly enforced, but thats a good thing 'cos everyone wants good marshalling. Take Paul (the boss man) with a pinch of salt, he can be a bit stressy on the odd occasion, but he cares a lot about the club.

Would be really nice to see some more new faces down at the club, increases in attendance is what all clubs need at the moment, so get out there and support your hobby!

If anyone has any more questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask here or PM me, I'll be more than happy to answer. See you at the next meet hopefully
Old 24-11-2010
Mad Member

hi swalls to be honest i havent been since around 2001 thats were i went when the barnsley club shut down.i stopped going as it was a bit petty haw people were,was just going on what the kid told me at tags like said not been there for years.last time i raced they ran mardaves but just had enough to run 1 heat,
Old 24-11-2010

I know what you mean about some people being petty, I think that can generally be the way with TC. But also it can be because lots of people at the club don't go anywhere else, so they are a little sheltered when it comes to proper racing etiquette and also you know, some guys don't have masses of car control (not to beat up on them) and so find it hard to not hit people or get out of peoples way.

Anyway, if me mentioning and supporting the club on here can get a few more people to meets then thats great. If you don't like it then thats just fine, but we hope you can enjoy yourself at donny.

I should appoint myself marketing officer I think lol.
Old 24-11-2010
Mad Member

the thing what makes numbers drop is people been petty,at the end of the day if some1 isnt as good as other people they should try and help then where there going wrong i.e approach them in the pits and give them a few pointers on handling etc no complain while on the podium because he/she is getting in the way!these people who winge do my head in there the 1s that turn up 5mins before the booking in closes and leave after there last race and dont help.you get them at every club you go to!
Old 24-11-2010

tbh thats exactly what I try to do with newbies or guys struggling. I like to think I'm pretty approachable guy. It'd be nice to have the time to talk to find and talk to everyone who is struggling but when there are only 4 heats thats hard. Thats why I always encourage people to come and find me, or someone else who can help. We (well I know I am anyway) are friendly folk who want to help.

I also always try to remind less experieenced guys to take there time when lapping/overtaking others, you know, pause a split second behind them to figure out your move, bide your time, wait fr a gap and then take it; instead of flying in like an idiot and wrecking both your runs!

I'm not some sort of godfather figure or anything but as a long standing member, front runner and generally respected guy at the club this is the example I am trying to lead by. Hopefully it will rub off on the less experienced guys and generally improve driving standards, here's to hoping!
Old 25-11-2010

Yo Chris!

Used to race TC at Donny a few years back & remember you & Matt Dunning plus a lot of the other guys

Racing there I've had both positive & negative experiences but none the less it's a shame to hear about the declining numbers - Off Road has had an increase in popularity over the recent years so that will have had an impact perhaps.

I did find some of the guys who were involved in the running of the club pretty regimented and some of the driving standards when I raced there left a lot to be desired initially but enjoyed some good close racing as I moved up in the heats.

However I imagine that a lot of things may have changed since I last raced there & good to see you championing the club fella