Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 22-10-2011

Default ko esprit and lrp speedo help

Ok here goes hope someone can help have been using my tamiya 502 with lrp sxx v1 speedo and novak 7.5 motor with a ansmann steering wheel set which is 2.4meg.All worked well.

Cant get a long with the wheel so bought a used ko esprit type r in 40meg form.tried to put it in the car but when i plug the speedo in nothin same with the servo some jittering but nothing when u push the throttle forward etc

it wont let u enter set up mode or nothing on the speedo when plugged into the ko but when i plug it back into the ansmann all works fine

the ko reicever is a 297 i think its a old 2 channel version maybe this is the problem??

Any ideas guys

If u can't beat them join them
Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

Does the ESC llight come on or anything power showing when turned on?

If not could be the rec has gone?

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 22-10-2011

hi thanks for the reply yeah when plugged in to the 2.4 the red light must be a ready light comes on.

But when the speedo plugged in to the ko theres a little blue light comes on and thats it its strange.

whats a rec????

Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiew View Post
hi thanks for the reply yeah when plugged in to the 2.4 the red light must be a ready light comes on.

But when the speedo plugged in to the ko theres a little blue light comes on and thats it its strange.

whats a rec????
Sorry what I mean is Rec Reciever - Just one question have you bind the 2.4 to the handset??
As you said it was 40mhz so assume your saying its actually 2.4

No blue light is fine means there is power sounds like you havent bind you 2.4 thats why

Do you know how to bind your 2.4

Download any of the 2.4 rec manual tell you how to do it - http://www.kopropo.co.jp/sys_en/support/download

See how you get on

Kyosho MP9 TKI2
Team Orion CRF US edition & Team Orion CRF Alpha 5port
Kyosho ZX-5 FS2
Kyosho RB5 SP2
LRP SXX TC & Brushless X12
Speed Passion
Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

just wondered if were getting confused here

when you try with the KO do you have a matched pair of crystals in you transmitter and receiver ?

if so they could be faulty
apologies if i appear to be treating you as a newbie its just that your information so far could be leading us down the wrong garden path

please feel free to Pm me i will try to help if i can

regards dave
Old 22-10-2011

Sorry if I wasn't clear guys yes the ko is 40meg both the tx and rx

The ansmann is 2.4 both tx and rx

Works fine with both on the ansmann tx and rx

Wont work at all with the ko tx and rx

Old 22-10-2011
Mad Member

Have you set the speedo to the handset neutral , throttle high point , brake ? if you have'nt take alook at the LRP instruction tells you what to do in there

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 23-10-2011
Mad Member

Hi Jamie
thanks for clearing that up ! ok do you have a spare set of crystals you can try ? If i remeber correctly you said the servo didnt work either ? do you have a 4 cell reciver pack you can plug into the reciver this will bypass speedo (unplug from reciever if you like ) leave servo plugged in then try again if servo doesnt work then fault must be with either tx .rx or xtals not speedo

hope this helps dave
Old 24-10-2011

I see you say you have the esprit 2 type R tx, I thought that the ko 297 2 channel receiver is not compatable with the type r tx, you need the ko 301 or 302 3 channel receiver to use with the type r. I think it has something to do with the hi speed technology used on the type r. I am not 100% sure about this but maybe someone else could confirm it for you.
Old 24-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplode0_1 View Post
I see you say you have the esprit 2 type R tx, I thought that the ko 297 2 channel receiver is not compatable with the type r tx, you need the ko 301 or 302 3 channel receiver to use with the type r. I think it has something to do with the hi speed technology used on the type r. I am not 100% sure about this but maybe someone else could confirm it for you.

Yeah thats right mate got it sorted yesterday mate at the club gave me a shot of a 301 and it worked perfect thanks to everyone that replied though