Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 19-01-2007
Mad Member

Default Where have all the gp4300 cells gone!

I have literally 3 pack of gp4300 cells and i want to buy more.

Everywhere you look , be it modelshops, interntet ,ebay etc.. they all sell Ib4200's. From the impression i get , these cells do go off and are not as versatile as the trusty Gp's

I purchased mine from Demon - all matched \ assembled for £33 all in. I cant find anywhere that cells gp cells for this kond of money assembled. The cells have been faultless and after almost a year of use - still give out min figs of 8.50 volts.

Anyone else have any ideas? -

Lastly why if the Ib4200 cells are not as good as the Gp equivalent, cant we get Gp cells as easy as the Ib's - are they not as readily available or are they not imported as much?

Thanks

Col.
Old 19-01-2007
Stu-Perstar

Hi mate. I do know Team scream sells them but right now, none in stock. You could send them an email to find out how long it is going to be?http://www.teamscreamuk.co.uk/
Old 19-01-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

www.stormforceracing.co.uk

Neil's 4300 are really good i have bought 3 packs and found them that good i have ordered 2 more.

A
Old 19-01-2007
Mad Member

Stormforceracing has them listed on the web site: http://www.stormforceracing.co.uk/

Old 19-01-2007
Mad Member

Fast eh, Ashley
Old 19-01-2007
Mad Member

dont quote me but i think ib4200 are a lot cheaper to obtain for the suppliers when u can get em so i think its more market driven also i personally think they are very good but take neil olivers advice he is the authority on cells
Old 19-01-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinevan View Post
I have literally 3 pack of gp4300 cells and i want to buy more.

Everywhere you look , be it modelshops, interntet ,ebay etc.. they all sell Ib4200's. From the impression i get , these cells do go off and are not as versatile as the trusty Gp's

I purchased mine from Demon - all matched \ assembled for £33 all in. I cant find anywhere that cells gp cells for this kond of money assembled. The cells have been faultless and after almost a year of use - still give out min figs of 8.50 volts.

Anyone else have any ideas? -

Lastly why if the Ib4200 cells are not as good as the Gp equivalent, cant we get Gp cells as easy as the Ib's - are they not as readily available or are they not imported as much?

Thanks

Col.
The IB is the best cell out there there's no cell that can actually compete in terms of pure performance. However the down side is that they are more fragile. Unfortunately most matchers have moved to IBs since the GP4300 wasn't anywhere near as good as IBs when they came out.
Old 20-01-2007
Mad Member

True, however if you read all the comments on people blowing them up, them venting, voltage figs going completely off and the fact that people are reporting a good shelf life of no more than 6 months. The fact that they are slightly more powerful than the gp cells wouldnt personally bother me.

I do know all cells go off, but when it comes to buying replacements, surely the shelf life would be the most important factor. Im running 4wd - brushless, and could prob almost run another race with what i have left in capacity on my cells.

From reading comments on here and on other forums, i think people would be willing to move away from them, only by the fact that they have experienced the above.

Does anyone have any problems with the Gp cells? Iv not heard any horror stories - but if anyone has, post away here.

Col.
Old 20-01-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

IB 4200 are meant to be better but on thursday i did 3 runs on the same pack without charging them i was only running a 19t motor in my b4 indoors but i think that is quiet impressive.

A
Old 20-01-2007
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i bought ten packs of GP 4300's of Daryl at lesro models, have to say there ace never skipped a beat and i bet mine are still running fine after 90% ibs have died, my mate runs ibs and after ten or so charges there no better than these GP cells any way
Old 20-01-2007
Admin

I would guess most of the matchers now will no longer continue with the GP4300, but instead invest in the newer GP4600.

I do have to say I have some of the IB 4200's and despite being only 7 charges old, I have had 2 cells fail (Luckily Nick at Demon is happy to supply individual cells with appropriate numbers ). I have never encountered a failure with any other type of cell before (including gp4300), and I'd like to think I know how to treat them correctly.
Old 20-01-2007
Mad Member

There is a problem getting GP cells. All the ones I have here have all been ordered and I cant get any more at the moment - not sure why. GP are quoting my supplier 3 months delivery! I can get IB's though so may get a small qty to test.

N
Old 20-01-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

I have been running voodoo matched IB 4200's. each pack has had 20+ charges, and 20 discharges, and are as good as they were 4 months ago when I bought them.

Maybe voodoo cells improve IB's?
Old 20-01-2007
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.tyrc.co.uk View Post
Are you for real
Old 20-01-2007
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

to be fair 20 charges is nothing, especially over 4 months. thats roughly four race meets for me..

My ib's have been pleantyful in power, but have become more and more sensitive to charging and heat changes. After about 9 months of racing they are finally wearing down (the power is still there, but lack of duration) My old GP's did two seasons of racing, so i'm abit dissopointed.. but for the performance i've had im happy with them.

I'm unsure what i'll be using for outdoors.. what ever is cheapest at the time i suppose!
Old 21-01-2007
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.tyrc.co.uk View Post
I have been running voodoo matched IB 4200's. each pack has had 20+ charges, and 20 discharges, and are as good as they were 4 months ago when I bought them.

*blinks*

Ben,

Thats the worse attempted whoring of a company ive ever seen
Old 21-01-2007
Mad Member

Any big advantage, 4300's over 3700's......we still come off with loads in our 3700's and still have 3300 used in practice.
Old 21-01-2007
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to BenG Send a message via MSN to BenG

haha.

I meant Voodoo cells as in the company, not that I have a witch doctor who makes magic on my car LOL
Old 21-01-2007
Mad Member

I have bought GP3700 SP2 for this year, never dumped last year with 3700's in 2wd or 4wd and never had one problem with the cells, the SP2 version is the high voltage version, 1.23v is fine by me . And the ones i got have 35 sec's more duration than the old ones from last year.

How things have changed when i ran 1700SCR you would pay anything to get the very highest capacity cells lol.
Old 21-01-2007
Mad Member

Last edited by JCJC; 23-01-2007 at 11:09 PM. Reason: wiped.....unhappy with it