Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 07-02-2013

Default Clubs in North Wales?

Just had it confirmed that I'll be moving from Scotland to Anglesey this coming August and was wondering if there are any clubs around?

Currently I've 1/10th off road cars but happy to change to get into racing again once we've moved having had everything from micros up to 1/5th in the past. Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks, Andy.
Old 07-02-2013
Mad Member

Bit of a track but Southport is about 2 hours drive away. I know as my mum and dad have a caravan on angelsey and I was looking to see if I can nip back on a sunday from it. There used to ba a club in mould 1/8th dont know if that is still there and wrexham did as well.
Old 07-02-2013

Hi Andy,

Oswestry race 1/10th on a thursday night, currently indoors but they have an outdoor track come the spring/summer.
Ellesmere Port off roaders race Micro buggies on a friday night.
Old 07-02-2013

Thanks Guys, I guess Ellesmere is as close as anywhere - I'm originally from Liverpool so I know Southport and the surrounding areas quite well.

I was wondering if there was anything somewhere on the a55 that I can just nip along to. Even around Frodsham / Runcorn is a bit easier than Southport (oddly my B4 was bought from a guy at Southport - might be nice for it to go back hahaha)
Old 08-02-2013

i beleieve frodsham on a thursday at the comunity center mate
Old 08-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Try Mold club, although I couldn't get any sense when I did last year. Wrexham also race indoors on Fridays, but mostly gt12, but I have seen buggies there.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-02-2013

Frodsham is onroad and micro only
Old 08-02-2013
Mad Member

Default *

Speak to Dave from TOP Models in St Asaph (he used to be at Gwenamynydd but moved) sure he may be able to help as it a lot closer to you - should start something up on anglessey - plenty of space. Seem to remember that there may have been something on in Colwyn Bay but this was a while ago
Old 08-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
Speak to Dave from TOP Models in St Asaph (he used to be at Gwenamynydd but moved) sure he may be able to help as it a lot closer to you - should start something up on anglessey - plenty of space. Seem to remember that there may have been something on in Colwyn Bay but this was a while ago
T.O.P Models.
H.T.M. Business Park, Abergele Road, Rhuddlan, Denbighshire. LL18 5UZ
01745 592111
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

I used to go to Colwyn Bay...packed up a long time ago due to dwindling interest...was an indoor carpet bashing venue.

There was talk of an outdoor rc track to be built in Blaenau by a group called the Angry Scones. Looked promising but I don't think much came of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie B4 View Post
Old 09-02-2013
Mad Member

Mold don't race anymore, club has folded. A lot of there members do slot car racing on the same industrial site as TOP Models (mentioned above)
Old 11-02-2013

Thanks again everyone for your help. I will contact TOP nearer the time to see what if anythingis happening.

In the meantime I will have to find a spot for some fun.
Old 11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by andylinney View Post
Thanks again everyone for your help. I will contact TOP nearer the time to see what if anythingis happening.

In the meantime I will have to find a spot for some fun.
TOP Models support the Neston club on the Wirral who run Mardave V12's and supastox
Old 11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naushad View Post

There was talk of an outdoor rc track to be built in Blaenau by a group called the Angry Scones. Looked promising but I don't think much came of it.
I heard something about that, though last I heard the site had been declared unsafe as not much had been done.
Old 12-02-2013
Mad Member

Well I saw some work-in-progress pics on their Facebook page and left a message asking to inform me when the track was finished...nothing. I guess it fizzled out. From what I understood they got planning permission granted from the Council.

Some chap in Anglesey tried to get a bashers group going..but lack of interest and rubbish weather has marred this too.