Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 10-06-2010

Default I have been bitten :(

by the predator bug...

i bought restimax's x10 last year (I think) didnt use it much as i couldnt afford it then, nor get to the local track (eden park raceway) so i sold it...

now i own 2 tamiya f103's and was planning on trying to break the 2 cell land speed record (106mph) with them... and im literally 2 weeeks away from completing it by ordering the last electronics, and i read a thread

it was a thread for the most beautiful RC cars (on another forum) and on it was, you guessed it, the predator x11...

i cant afford a £400 chassis, but i can afford an XRS (just about) but, i have a few questions...

i know the xrs is bassicly a mosre plasticy version of the x10, so what parts (if any) are interchangeable to make it stronger?

or is the chassis not that bad and doesnt break much anyway?

i want to use it for the buggy land speed record class, and then maybe race it at eden park (as i now drive AND have a job

any help apreciated
thanks
chris
Old 11-06-2010
Mad Member

Did you know there is now an x11rs version now?
Old 11-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelrc View Post
Did you know there is now an x11rs version now?
yeah i read that, it looks interesting and orange

but how much? im on a realy tight budget :P
Old 11-06-2010

i believe its sub £300 and im pretty sure you could slowly interchange parts up to an x11 08.

Drop insidelineracing a PM and im sure he'll be able to help you out with any queries you've got.
Old 11-06-2010
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Yep, it's basically an X11 but without the big bore shocks and a few of the latest developments. Saying that it still a competitive car and still very strong... aluminium cross brace, steering links etc.

As Dasloth mentioned it would be fully upgradeable to the latest X11 spec.

I would definately advise you to wait for this or pick up a second hand X11 if you're on a tight budget as it will be a lot stronger than the XRS.

Hope that helps
Kev
Old 11-06-2010

probelem is, is that i have a very limited income...

so about £240 is my budget, otherwise i will need to wait for another 2 months to get the full amount...

so how upgradeable is the xrs? im guessing big bores will fit, and a few other strengthening bits?

i dont realy want to sell my current RC's, and put that and the money i have now towards it as i would need the motor etc.

thanks for any help
chris
Old 13-06-2010
Mad Member

it is fully upgradable , every thing is retro fit....(added after Kev's lower post) yes sorry i was meaning the x11rs is fully up gradable the x1o/rs isnt but still a good car....some old x10s have been dragged out of the cupboard at our local club recently and are doing realy well/straight on the pace!
Old 13-06-2010
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

The XRS is based on a X10 chassis whereas the X11RS is based on the X11.

The x10 doesn't use the alloy hinge pin braces and the change to these would means new chassis, alloy blocks, wishbones etc.. So to upgrade the Xrs to the x11 spec would be very expensive and not really worth it. But, there are a few options that you can upgrade to.. The X11 alloy cross brace, big bore shocks, x11 wing mounts and I'm sure a few others.

Saying all this, there is nothing wrong with the X10 so you'd have a good car. The only thing I would say worth thinking about would be the cross brace upgrade kit as this strengthens up the front pretty well.

http://www.the-pred.co.uk/zencart/in...products_id=85