Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2015

Default RC10 box art project

Finally decided to bring to light the complete box of parts I've been accumulating since 2009 and started tearing some old plastic bags. Worked a bit on the front end and still debating whether I should modify the front kick up, have the motor plate back holes filled and everything re-anodized the same color including the front shock collars. We'll see, I think I'll assemble the whole car first and maybe do that at a later stage.

Reference:

Donor cars, both early Edinger ones from 1984:

The very very first Novak ESC featured on the box:

Custom parts made by Fibre-Lyte:

FRESH PLASTICS :!:

1984 6-GEAR PARTS:

Comparison shot showing the custom box art shock tower on the left and a '84 one on the right:

Assembly:

Shocks (front collars need gold anodising):

I'll use 4 original recessed spring cups, above are 4 reproduction made a few years ago. They are much brighter.

Some progress on the chassis:

Shocks are done:

Tires had seen a better life, especially the rear ones, which are softer than the fronts, and were a bit cracked, so I went to the pharmacy and bought a bottle of glycerin to feed them and prevent further drying. It is a natural compound that helps preserve natural rubber. Silicon-based treatment should be avoided as it accelerates aging. It gave the tires a new youth definitely.

After the treatment:

Next is assembling the front and rear sway bars and chop the front nose tubes, stay tuned!

Last edited by Asso_man!; 08-07-2015 at 10:14 AM.