Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-11-2011

Send a message via MSN to lewis666
Default would anyone be interested...

hello there,

i am thinking of starting a new venture of nickel plating rc components. i have been plating for nearly a year plating parts for me and my dad's classic motorbikes. we have had great success and the results have been exceptional.

after thinking about it i decided to nickel plate all the driveshafts, axles and shock standoffs on my losi 8ight which i am restoring. these parts are about 3 years old and started life the normal black coating.

i then cleaned then and replaced the pins (replacing the pins would not be included)

half the batch where plated using antique nickel solution the other half plated using bright nickel solution. here is some photos of the antique nickel:

they have an interesting look with a dull colour. here is the bright solution:

remember these parts are old and very worn so the rust seen is from years of racing in dirt and wet mud. so a newish part would look much better without the rust.

i can only plate steel so no alloys. my main question to people is would anyone be interested? constructive comments are welcome
many thanks

lewis

*edit*

about pricing, anyone interested in some parts plated a picture of the parts would be needed to work out a price. the price will depend on size of parts etc. i understand my initial pricing was steep and price would depend on size of parts, how many parts etc.

hope this clears things up

team got nitro driver

www.gotnitroonline.com <----- check it out!