Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 01-11-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Having lived through it all myself, I do realize no one cut the sides off on the old school cars, but there were guys like Cliff Lett who did trim them down somewhat, and even machined slots in the sidepods.

Today, people are cutting them down about 50% and keeping the structural integrity intact, as well as allowing bodies to be lowered considerably on the car. It gives the car a very distinctive look, but it's not really what I'm after with this car.

doug
Old 02-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
the car is not as sexy as a new 201x or Cougar SV
Man, are you crazy???

Anything sexier than this RC10 has to be wearing a bikini

Rusti Design - Awesome custom stickers and cool stuff

My trader feedback
Old 02-11-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayo View Post
Man, are you crazy???

Anything sexier than this RC10 has to be wearing a bikini

I guess it all depends on your point of view. Blonde or brunette, you have to decide for yourself.
Old 10-11-2010

Ok, new wing finally came in (Losi XX4 Maxi straight), so I decided that the masking had been on the body long enough and I shot my colors on it. Going along with the idea that this car is built today as I would have done it in 1988 if I actually knew what I was doing, I gave the car my new school look with an old school body. Turned out pretty cool... I still love the look of this body.

Old 10-11-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

VERY NICE!!! loving the wheel sticker touch too!
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
VERY NICE!!! loving the wheel sticker touch too!
Thanks. Those are cut vinyl, but I'm thinking of putting them into actual decal production in white and black as "TEAM ASSOCIATED -- FACTORY TEAM"

Might be something that shows up for sale on the squarehead.design website sooner or later.
Old 10-11-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

how about associated/reedy ones like they used to do? I loved them!!
Old 10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF55 View Post
how about associated/reedy ones like they used to do? I loved them!!
Too narrow of a market. No one I know uses Reedy stuff anymore.
Old 11-11-2010

bloody stunning, well done
Old 11-11-2010

Fantastique job Doug... Your car is a Must!!!
Old 11-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Car looks stunning, but there's something not quite right about that Body in my eyes.... What shell is it??

I think an original shell would definitely look better... but apart from that it's amazing!!! Great job!!
Old 11-11-2010

Thumps up!
Old 11-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
Car looks stunning, but there's something not quite right about that Body in my eyes.... What shell is it??

I think an original shell would definitely look better... but apart from that it's amazing!!! Great job!!
It's a Pro-line Class 1 single seat buggy that was an original body for the RC10 and Ultima in the mid to late 80s. It was used by a LOT of people back then, including myself and my brother, and still is a favorite of mine. They are virtually impossible to find, and this one was seriously hacked up but unpainted when I found it.

I actually had trimmed a stock Protech out and mounted it up but I still really don't like the way they look on tub chassis cars (the side pods flex up slightly).

This was the exact look I wanted—old meets new—in many ways. If I could figure out how to get the wing about 4-5mm lower, I'd be thrilled.

One of the "pro" cars from back in the day...

Old 12-11-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
It's a Pro-line Class 1 single seat buggy that was an original body for the RC10 and Ultima in the mid to late 80s. It was used by a LOT of people back then, including myself and my brother, and still is a favorite of mine. They are virtually impossible to find, and this one was seriously hacked up but unpainted when I found it.

I actually had trimmed a stock Protech out and mounted it up but I still really don't like the way they look on tub chassis cars (the side pods flex up slightly).

This was the exact look I wanted—old meets new—in many ways. If I could figure out how to get the wing about 4-5mm lower, I'd be thrilled.

One of the "pro" cars from back in the day...

I can understand why you want it like that, and it does still look incredible!!! I just love the old RC10 Worlds look:

Old 12-11-2010
Mad Member

why he B4 rims ??? doesent they make the buggy a little bit to narrow in the rear ??????

mvh isobarik
Old 12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by isobarik View Post
why he B4 rims ??? doesent they make the buggy a little bit to narrow in the rear?
Narrow, compared to what? A B4? Yes, but proportionally front and rear (about 12mm narrow all the way around). Compared to an RC10? No, about 4mm wider front and rear.

B4 wheels because what else are you going to use to get contemporary tires on the car? B2 or B3? Worlds 3-piece? Good luck finding them. I wanted easy to find tires and wheels, and things that I had in the shop already.

The track width is not an issue, as it is proportional front and rear to not only the RC10 but the current B4.
Old 12-11-2010

quick question?when using b4 caster blocks on an rc10 is it true you have to add 5deg to the caster block eg 25 deg caster block+5 deg for the extra front kickup on the rc10= 30deg or is it the other way round?
Old 12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony6187 View Post
quick question?when using b4 caster blocks on an rc10 is it true you have to add 5deg to the caster block eg 25 deg caster block+5 deg for the extra front kickup on the rc10= 30deg or is it the other way round?
You are correct. I have 30° blocks in there right now for a total of 35°, but have the 20° and 25° blocks on standby to use should these prove to be too much.
Old 12-11-2010

Quote:
You are correct. I have 30° blocks in there right now for a total of 35°, but have the 20° and 25° blocks on standby to use should these prove to be too much.
thanks for the quick reply
Old 03-03-2011

I will surely miss this car, good buy on the new owner, if i only have the money the time it was posted, then i will surely get this one. truly a treasure.