Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 01-07-2010
Lee-Mag

Rossi, will have his own personal area on the bike for sponsorship written into his deal as well, just like yamaha

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 01-07-2010

Send a message via MSN to BRS

Some pretty harsh comments in here from the armchair racers...

I think if Rossi moves he'll have to take Jeremy I also think he's a big part of all Rossi's success. Lost count of the times they found something over night and Rossi was quicker in morning warmup than he was in qualy!

I'm not sure Rossi will be up for many more years in motogp depends how he heals from his first proper injury. I dont want him to pack in but with all the titles and what not he might be tempted to move on?? Although going out on a stretchers not his style...

Lorenzo was already starting to beat Rossi as well as outpace him. Rossi will be what 32 for a crack at the title next year off the back of little to no riding against 21,22,23 year olds with no silverware.

As far as I've heard Ducati made the motor a big bang like Yamaha (cross plane crank) instead of the screamer aimed at helping everyone else on Ducatis including the eye brow waxing Hayden (mrs pointed that out!). But they do seem to have front end issues also now and Stoner appears to have lost confidence in it.

I dont think 1000cc comes in till 2012 does it someone put next year above unless I read it wrong. I think the traction control wants doing away with it wasnt like they got highsided for fun without it on the 4strokes. 500 strokers used to sling them down the road so often it wasnt funny. Remember Doohan asking for the screamer motor back in his Honda when they had all moved to big bang and taking the piss out of everyone else with throttle control.. and Jeremy Burgess ;o)

Anyway whatever they do the series its getting poor with only 13 or so riders as it is now, something must be done.
Old 02-07-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

visordown

Quote:
IF YOU'VE kept an eye on the latest MotoGP gossip then you'll probably know various media sources are breaking the news that Valentino Rossi has signed to ride for Ducati from 2011 onwards.
But despite the persistant rumours surrounding the Italian's move to Ducati, 'nothing's concrete' according to leading MotoGP correspondent Mike Scott. In fact Scott believes the only move that is certain is Casey Stoner to Honda in 2011.
But the understandable intensity of the gossip surrounding the nine-time world champion's planned defection to Ducati has been increasing over the last few weeks. The rumours gathered momentum after the news Casey Stoner's Ducati technicians had been told to expect redundacy at the end of the season; the most likely catalyst for Ducati's decision to lay-off its team being Rossi and his loyal gang of technicians moving en masse to the squad for 2011.

CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 02-07-2010

so Mr Burgess?
Old 02-07-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I was listening to practice this afternoon, and they were trying to say, it isn't just a 'ducatti' deal, being that his major sponsor also owns Ferrari, and that Ferrari are trying to be allowed a 3rd car on the grid, with the single principle of chucking Rossi in there.... so a couple of years, seeing his time out, on an Italian bike, hopefully win a Worlds on it, and then be able to walk on water in Italy, then across to F1...