Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 15-02-2011

Default Is it worth getting?

Hi,

I've always liked the Pred and considering getting the latest version.

But.

Ever since the early 90's I've heard nothing but bad things about the car in every respect except handelling.

Are they really still that bad after all this time ?

Thanks.
Old 15-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi, the new X11 is a very different beast to the older T Tech preds, the new car is very strong, the diffs can handle the power of the brushless set ups and they handle very well.

Its a unique/exclusive car to own.

They have some great team drivers that can help with set ups Kev Lee is the man and is on oople should you need him for advice etc. Kev also sells the cars/spares etc on his website so spares back up is not an issue.

The car has won nationals so must go ok!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 15-02-2011
BANNED

A well built X11 is very relyable.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 15-02-2011

I have had a chat with Team Xtreme
Hopfully, I'll be able to chat with Kevin (who I'll be buying it from)

And maybe in a few weeks time, I'll finally be running something I've always wanted to have go of and admired
Old 15-02-2011

I've had a chat with Kevin, and I think I'm going to buy an X11 in a few weeks time.

Just one more question. Some cars only come good in the right hands and some work well over a range of abilities.

I know the X11 is a little 'specal' to set-up, but appart from that, will this car work well in the hands of, let's say, a 'lesser' driver, or will it be a handfull unless your a top 'A' driver?

Thanks.
Old 15-02-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Ive ran my X11 for about 3 years now, its a good solid car, a couple of weak points but what car doesnt have these! I found the front hubs to be my weak spot, but other than that pretty bullet proof!

From a personal point of view, i found the car better when i was aggressive with it, the more i pushed the better it was/is... Dont be affraid to give it "the beans"

Theres plenty of help and info about the car on here, and dont forget: www.the-pred.co.uk which is packed full of setup and modification tips!

Hope this helps, and i hope you enjoy it when you get yours...

One last thing, take your time building it, dont rush it trying to get it completed, as Stu said, a well built pred will be a reliable pred...

Enjoy!!

Tom

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 15-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbeam View Post
I've had a chat with Kevin, and I think I'm going to buy an X11 in a few weeks time.

Just one more question. Some cars only come good in the right hands and some work well over a range of abilities.

I know the X11 is a little 'specal' to set-up, but appart from that, will this car work well in the hands of, let's say, a 'lesser' driver, or will it be a handfull unless your a top 'A' driver?

Thanks.
I am a 'lesser' driver and relative begginer only being involved with the hobby for just over a year, and I race a pred! probably not the easiest car to cut your teeth on, as mentioned it is a very aggressive car to drive and you really have to get the car working to get the best with it. I have looked at and tried different cars which all have their pro's and cons but none have really given me that smile factor that my pred does when it winds up on a power track, its just so fast. good luck with it.
Old 18-02-2011
Mad Member

A bit of me is still tempted with the Pred - used to love watching them in the mid 1990s when I used to race. With regards the LIPO chassis verision; is this still designed to run with saddles or has it been modified to take sticks?
Old 18-02-2011

I run saddle Lipos in the Lipo chassis. You may need to move one of the battery post mounting holes but that is not difficult.

The key to the pred is getting the right setup. With Kev's help that is not an issue and his standard setup (available on the pred site) is a good starting point.

I have found that you almost need to drive it less aggressively to start to get more speed from it.
It is a great car and I enjoy driving it. My performance has improved quite a lot recently while using it.

James
Old 18-02-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
A bit of me is still tempted with the Pred - used to love watching them in the mid 1990s when I used to race. With regards the LIPO chassis verision; is this still designed to run with saddles or has it been modified to take sticks?

The latest chassis is designed to use stick pack lipos, and it goes better this way too! You can however still use saddles, jus arrange them like a stick pack, if that makes sense??

Regards, Tom

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 18-02-2011
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

I'm going to be using saddles this year, but just as Tom mentions, arranged in a stick formation. The latest saddles have more than enough C rating so speed is not an issue! Also with saddles it gives you more options for the weight distribution which is useful.

Kev
Old 18-02-2011

i have bought a durango 2010 spec, i had the predator international ftd way back in 95 and loved it,

im almost tempted to sell my unrun durango and buy one of these x11,s they look amazing.

could someone tell me what they rrp at, as their is little 2nd hand options.

2002, 3 , 4
B.R.C.A Scottish indoor TC champion.
2005......... B.R.C.A Open modified Scottish TC champion.
2011....... Scottish Indoor OFF-ROAD champion.
2012 ......... Scottish SORC Off-Road Runner up.

My oOple Trader feedback http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84630
Old 18-02-2011

Im hoping to do 4WD off road this year, and really love the look of the pred. Its really just the price thats putting me off.. I know why its expensive, but Im hoping the RS version is round the corner. Wonder if theres an ETA yet?
Old 18-02-2011
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiewallace View Post
could someone tell me what they rrp at, as their is little 2nd hand options.
The retail for the Lipo kit is 429.99. If you have any questions about the Predator just ask on here or email us at sales@insidelineracing.co.uk

Kev
Old 18-02-2011
Kev Lee oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flodjy View Post
Im hoping to do 4WD off road this year, and really love the look of the pred. Its really just the price thats putting me off.. I know why its expensive, but Im hoping the RS version is round the corner. Wonder if theres an ETA yet?
I've been saying this for a while but it isn't far off, 99% of the kit is ready. I think it would have been out already but the Vega conversions have taken priority in the short term.

Shouldn't be long!
Old 20-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideLineRacing View Post
I'm going to be using saddles this year, but just as Tom mentions, arranged in a stick formation. The latest saddles have more than enough C rating so speed is not an issue! Also with saddles it gives you more options for the weight distribution which is useful.

Kev
Would you mind posting a picture of your car with this layout