Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 23-11-2015

Default advice on bd7 range

Im getting back into racing and I quite like the bd7.

Please can anyone please who has one give me some advice on what there like? Ease to set up? Mods needed to make it handle better? Springs and shock set up? Graphite and alloy parts?

Cheers
Old 24-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Check out MB models as they have a new kit out in December,the model out now doesn't need many options,black shock cap rubber,blue shock shaft seal rubbers,the plastic shock bit to change the single rubber to be able to run 2 rubbers,black diff seal rubbers,non are essential but just help,lots of options available like ti shafts and shock ball too,again not needed but just add to a nice car,the 2.5 rear toe brace is a good one to have to just free up the rear if (like me) your not to hot on doing it through setup,plus the front front brace 4.2 it makes the front wider,so less twitch,
The car itself is a work of art and a joy to work on,people say the setup window isn't as big as others,but that might be different with the new one.

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 24-11-2015

Cheers reg.
I'm looking at getting a second hand one really as I've go alot to buy. I like the way it looks but if they are hard to set up it may change my mind. If the basic are the same on each car set up wise then it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm unsure aswell what springs to buy.

Not alot of people like to talk about them on here so I wondering if that's a bad thing or not.

Any advice is welcome.
Old 24-11-2015

I have been running BD7 for the last 2 years and really you only need 4 things,

- Springs, box ones are almost perfect for carpet, but for outdoors you will need something harder, HPI silvers are like the standard setup.
- Shock and diff oil. For shocks 400-450-500 cSt will cover 95% of shock setups. For rear diff, 2k, 3k, 5k and 7k
- You might need 44.2 FF toe bar and the 45.7 RR toe bar. Firs one give some arm sweep in the front, the second one reduce toe in to 2.5 on the rear.
- Some shims for roll centre changes, 0.5mm, 1mm size will be enough.

Bodies is something that you will need in any car as they change a lot how it handles, on indoor I really like PF Mazda 6 speed and outdoors PF LTCR or Montech Nazda 3

Best regards
Javier
Old 24-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Not many people talk about TC on here,you also find 90% of people only go online to complain 😄 so not much chat is a good thing,

You will get a good second hand one at a good price but they don't come up on here very often,saying that I'd keep your eyes peeled as the new one is out soon,shocks you can drill a small hole in the shock cap to make the shocks more consistent and maybe easier to build the same,
I think in the uk the Xray is more popular than the yokomo,and is probably an easier car to drive when the setup isn't quite spot on,

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 24-11-2015

Cheers reg and jim for your advise

Why do people put solid front diff in them?

Would anyone mind me messaging them as I've got a lot more to learn