Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-02-2020
Mad Member

It's interesting to hear peoples responses, you would NOT have to run in a stock class - it would just be an option available alongside mod. There is just the hope that in a stock class there would be closer racing and reduced tyre wear - it's the most popular class in the states after all.

I gave up buggy racing quite a few years ago, the tyre management got too much. Not just the expense, but the faff of preparing so many sets, I would rather be refining the car, not gluing up tyres. You may as well say your hobby is gluing up tyres and dipping them in acetone rather than racing

Since giving up buggy racing I have raced onroad classes such as GT12/LMP/Frontie, all spec classes with limited 13.5t or 17.5t motors and the tyres last incredibly well. They have all had the closest racing I have had in years!

With buggies you seem to spend most of your time just waiting for the car ahead to make a mistake rather than actually racing?! Perhaps a stock class would encourage a little more wheel to wheel action.

Mendip R/C Raceway - Offroad Racing in South-West
WORM-Racing - GT12 Racing in the South-West

Last edited by Danosborne6661; 07-02-2020 at 11:01 PM.