Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler > UK Short Course Nationals

Old 17-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Default Transponders

Hi

I have decided to enter for the full series of nationals this year (me and the kids) but have a question.

We use the MRT transponders at the moment. I have seen much talk most of which I don't really understand about the switching of the timing equipment. Are the MRT transponders going to be ok for all the clubs running the Nationals?

As we intend on doing the 2wd and 4wd this could be an expensive problem!

Many thanks
Old 17-02-2013
Mad Member

it's been written into the series rules that the championship will be run on RC3 timing equipment so MRT transponders will be fine matey
Old 17-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Thanks Mr Chimp that is a relief!

On another note I have some white wheels that I am unsure of the make. They make the car wider than the regulation though. Is this something that is enforced?
Old 17-02-2013
Mad Member

This is the first year that dimension rules have been introduced, so not sure if scrutineering is planned... although it's fairly easily to see if a truck is full size on the track and whether wheels are inside bodyshells etc.

I'm assuming the rules have been brought in as there are cheaper smaller sized trucks on the market such as the original Ansmann's and Mavericks etc which do not fit to the scale of everyone elses products.

If wheels/tyres stick out of the arches then they are more likely to damage other truck bodyshells or cause another truck to be taken out in a close passing move etc so can understand why the rules are there... that rule has always been there but i noticed a few last year running the wrong ofset wheels on their trucks meaning they were noticably sticking out

Unfortunately rules are rules and same for all of us, so if they are not applied then it wouldn't be fair.

It won't help the handling either, will be more stable in a straight line but won't be good for going round corners!
Old 17-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frecklychimp View Post
This is the first year that dimension rules have been introduced, so not sure if scrutineering is planned... although it's fairly easily to see if a truck is full size on the track and whether wheels are inside bodyshells etc.

I'm assuming the rules have been brought in as there are cheaper smaller sized trucks on the market such as the original Ansmann's and Mavericks etc which do not fit to the scale of everyone elses products.

If wheels/tyres stick out of the arches then they are more likely to damage other truck bodyshells or cause another truck to be taken out in a close passing move etc so can understand why the rules are there... that rule has always been there but i noticed a few last year running the wrong ofset wheels on their trucks meaning they were noticably sticking out

Unfortunately rules are rules and same for all of us, so if they are not applied then it wouldn't be fair.

It won't help the handling either, will be more stable in a straight line but won't be good for going round corners!
Weird when the only way I could get my traxxas to handle right for the past two years to put blitz offset wheels on the back of it when I had the protrac kit on it
Old 18-02-2013

We are going to run the series on RC3 for this year (only one club in the series is planning to upgrade, so we will take a RC3 decoder box with us to that round).

As for the widths now in the rules, these are the same as the ROAR rules. With the plan to do some scrutineering.

Paul
Old 18-02-2013
oOple Advertiser

Thanks for all the help.

I am planning on entering 2wd and 4wd. However looking at the start list so far there seems to be a low turnout. Running both classes might be a bit hectic with only a few heats. So the question is how many heats would you expect there to be?

Thanks
Old 18-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmount74 View Post
Thanks for all the help.

I am planning on entering 2wd and 4wd. However looking at the start list so far there seems to be a low turnout. Running both classes might be a bit hectic with only a few heats. So the question is how many heats would you expect there to be?

Thanks

Last year we had generally had 5 or 6 heats of SC trucks, I would hope to get this sort of numbers again this year if not some additional drivers or more drivers doing the 5 rounds.#

With support classes adding an extra heat or two.

You should be fine running 2 classes, people have done in previouis years.

Paul
Old 18-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmount74 View Post
Thanks for all the help.

Thanks
What you see on the Nats website at the moment are the early birds. The entries will fill up rapidly as the dates approach I'm sure. There's also the people who may just turn up on the day.

If you check last year's results as an example, there were over 40 entrants doing 3 rounds or more (some doing both 2wd and 4wd) and as Paul says, 5 or 6 heats per round was the norm.
In addition, this year there is the potential for stadium truck and SCB heats too so plenty of action imminent I hope!

Martyn