Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 30-11-2014
Mad Member

Default +1 for yoke bmax2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker 3 View Post
I have got to agree with Neal, don't rule out the Yokomo range of cars. I have run Yokomo cars now since the B-Max2 MR was released and I have to admit it has a great base set up. Parts are long lasting, very strong and readily available.
Also the ability to switch from rear to mid and vice versa is great

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 30-11-2014

I would look for a secondhand car with upgrades on here, decent cars go cheaply. In regards to brands I would see what everyone else is running as being able to share information and parts makes the learning quicker. But I would be tempted to stick to your final brand for example an upgraded SV2 would be my suggestion fun but when change to say a KF there a chance some of your spares bin will remain useful.

My trader feedback please feel free to add: Click Here
Old 01-12-2014

The B5M is a very robust car, good for getting back into racing and letting 7yo have a go with speed turned right down. The Yokamo (parden spelling if wrong) bmax 2 is also a serious car and has advantage of being convertable mid ,rear motor setups. As probably been said already see what others at your local track use , they can prob give a more focused view on whay runs well on that track. Although is still up to you remamber that, personaly ignored everyone and got b5m myself mainly because i liked the styling. Whatever you decide to choose im sure you will enjoy it . Let us know you decision in the end and why you chose the car.
Old 01-12-2014
Banned

havent neil cragg and ben jemmison been running a hybrid b5m of various forms recently? which would surely indicate that they clearly feel there is room for improvement with that chassis?
Old 01-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwp102 View Post
havent neil cragg and ben jemmison been running a hybrid b5m of various forms recently? which would surely indicate that they clearly feel there is room for improvement with that chassis?
Yes they are running a combination of B44 rear end with B5 front end. This is to compete with the front motor cars such as the Schumacher KF that are for use predominantly on very high grip astro.

I don't think it is a reflection on the B5M being deficit anywhere, just that it is a traditional mid motor car and a front motor is needed for may tracks now.
Old 01-12-2014

Thanks All, I really appreciate your comments and advice. Lets see what the next couple of weeks "Research" brings to light and I will of course update this thread with my final purchase. Cheers Guys
Old 25-12-2014

Default Update - New Kit today

Hi All

As promised here is an update. Today I opened a shiny new kit in the form of the TD dex210 V2.

The kit looks amazing so far . Very high quality .

I look forward to seeing all the Mendip club down there as soon as I am built and ready!

Thanks to everyone for their advice. It was invaluable.
Old 26-12-2014

Good choice, I think you will like it
Old 11-01-2015

ben jemmison was running a schumacher kf at york indoor maybee he has had enough of building a car out of bits and running something finished
Old 10-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2510 View Post
Hi All

As promised here is an update. Today I opened a shiny new kit in the form of the TD dex210 V2.

The kit looks amazing so far . Very high quality .

I look forward to seeing all the Mendip club down there as soon as I am built and ready!

Thanks to everyone for their advice. It was invaluable.
I had my shortlist down too Team Durango and Team C, in the end I went for Team C, it should arrive tomorrow so I can start building.