Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > R/C Graphy!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2011
Mad Member

Default Scalpel related injuries

Am I the only accident prone one on here with these super sharp things ?

The other week I dropped it, while standing in the house, barefoot. Luckily it didn't go in my foot but did shave several layers of skin off down the side causing claret to leak on the carpet...

I think my worst one was having finished spraying effects over a job I was wedding off lots of small pieces, as they were so small it was difficult to get them off the scalpel so I found the best way was to wipe it on my jeans and I could go much faster doing that. Or so I thought...

One of my mates popped in to see me, completely unexpecting to see anyone that day I miss judged by previously flawless technique and stuck the said sharp implement into my leg, we both watched for a second as my paint coloured jeans turned a distinctive blood colour around the area, before I had to pull the scalpel out and apply plenty of pressure to stop it bleeding.

There have been many others which I won't scare you with so I was just wondering if it was me or if everyone does it. I came to the conclusion that it was something I used every day, to the extent it just became like something you instinctively pick up, like a pen, therefore you become slightly blasé with it as you're so used to using it, because of that you also become less concerned that you can injure yourself with it and with that probably less careful.

Aside that I've got thinners in my eye's a few times, that smarts a bit, so, anyone else as bad as me ?

My paintwork thread