Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 20-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassp0nk View Post
Well thats not true as the losi xcelorin systems have pc connectivity for firmware update, customisable throttle/brake curves (tekin don't have this yet right?) in fact eveything you are mentioning and more, but they include the cale with the package, a motor and it costs less than an RS Pro for the whole lot.

The only bummer is that the firmware seems rubbish because mine won't reverse which is why I'm looking at whether I want a tekin. Not impressed that tekin are marketing the ability to flash the firmware as an upsell feature to buy an expensive cable though.

Most importantly though, does reverse work properly on a tekin?
I'm not here to bash the Losi system, but you cannot compare it to the Tekin. The losi is NOT a competition system and is certainly not as reliable as the Tekin. Funny thing, the Losi CAN reverse as my mate found out one day, putting his car down for the start of a run and his car went backwards... It went forwards the round before... There are also a lot of issues with the lead free solder, issues that have been solved by Tekin and are one of the reasons the RS is a quality product.
Old 20-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chequered Flag Racing View Post
Ran these settings @ Petit RC. Update TP to 4 via Nathans HW.

Plugged into my hot wire @ home and I'm getting the following with an error message when HW fires up

TA @ 68
CL @ LIM

CL now says off as I tried to see if adjustment would save to esc.
hey you should have asked me I was there. I've been running 189 in fully sensored and 5° of boost, redline 5.5 on box timing and it was ballistic, 18.4s lap in 4WD final...
Old 20-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
in dual mode, run timming set to 80 on the hotwire

in sensored only mode, run timing at 20 on the hotwire, with the motor timing (physical) at 0'
I believe randy meant to run in dual mode set at 80 and hae the motor's physical timing at 20°.
Old 21-01-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

Check: DCM is right.

I run my 5.5 in a Bj4we using 80 on the TA, dual mode. I set the motor timing at 20 on the endbell as I feel it works better there. It has NO timing effect at all once the esc is in dual mode which is in the first few inches of travel.
Old 29-01-2009
Mad Member

I have now a Tekin RS Pro but also bought a R1.
Will the R1 be able to handle a Castle Creations 5700kV-motor (which also is sensorless) that I still have lying around?

I should think not, as the R1 has a motor limit of 5T brushless
and the Tekin 5T sensorless motors are rated only at 3700 kV ... but then I have some doubts as you Tekin-guys already told earlier that motors can not always be compared by their kV-rate.
Old 29-01-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

it depends on it's turn rating (which CC don't provide), you could try, and just keep checking the temps. What were you thinking of running it in dude?
Old 29-01-2009
Mad Member

in a Pred X11
Old 30-01-2009

I think you could possibly be pushing it's limits. No harm in trying a couple of laps at a time, and seeing what the temps are like?
Old 30-01-2009
Mad Member

well, I guess I could, ... but I am considering workable solutions ... not something where I have to be causious all the time.
SO I learn from this that this combination "could possibly work" ... but there is a big chance the Tekin R1 will not be able to handle the basic, most used CC motor.
Old 30-01-2009

well, it all depends on the turn rating of the motor, as Kv is a mix of how many turns and rotor diameter. The Tekins have lower KV rating as the rotor diameter is significantly bigger on the Redline Sensorless to the Redline.
Old 30-01-2009
Mad Member

well, I guess it's maybe wurth a try. If I ever find the time to test it out, I'll post my findings here.
Old 30-01-2009

thanks, thats a great help indeed. Just make sure you keep an eye on the temp ok, and if you can, fit a small fan in there to blow air over the solder posts.

Otherwise, it will make a great 2wd ESC.
Old 30-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
Otherwise, it will make a great 2wd ESC.
yup, I'm now thinking about using it as ESC in my Tamiya M03-Swift.
I actually made a mistake and ordered the R1 where I needed a backup-ESC for my RS Pro and wanted to order the RS.
I must have done something wrong (wrong click + didn't notice my error) because I got the R1.
Old 30-01-2009
Mad Member

Well worst that can happen is that the speedo will thermal.
Old 30-01-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Well worst that can happen is that the speedo will thermal.
true

so won't harm to try. Good tip
Old 30-01-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

We shoud be able to handle that load as long as you gear it correctly. I would make sure that it can get some air flow. Run two caps will also help esc temps.

I've run our 448 motor which is a 4T on the R1 in a wheeler. If anything it should thermal on you.

I generally say as soon as you go 4wd and low turn mods like say a 6.5 it's time for a Pro.
Old 31-01-2009
Mad Member

just bought a Hotwire but haven't used it yet.
Is there a location, page on the teamTekin-site where one can download typical setups? Or notes on how to set up under different track-circumstances?
Old 31-01-2009

not as yet, but if you need some pointers, just ask.
Old 31-01-2009
Mad Member

ok, great thx
Is it ok to ask here or do I better relocate to the Tekin-forum?
Old 01-02-2009

well, there are a few Euopean based drivers on here, or you can ask directly at Tekin too.