Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 22-04-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
why are we not using a better alternative?
SUCH AS? and grp's werent an option as they only had 1 compound available.

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 22-04-2008
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

I've heard that the one compound works in most conditions...
Old 22-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col View Post
I've heard that the one compound works in most conditions...
Hey Nick, I agree that I have found this, but they are not to everybody's liking at the moment. Basically, we need to be experimenting with them while at club and regional meetings, and build knowledge of where they work, especially when the additional compounds are released. This is only step 1 ofcause.
Old 23-04-2008
Lee-Mag

Whilst speaking to various racers about the blue/green/no dot issue, they have said that the distributor is obviously sorry about the "mix up" or whatever happened and they did not know about it which is fair enough.

But it was also stated that there would be no further investigation which i totally understand, but i dont want to know the persons name who made the mistake all i want to know is that it wont happen again. Personally i feel that if there is a problem with a product then it should be an investigation as to find out what went wrong, is this not just standard quality control procedures?

If i have spoken out of term then please delete this post, i dont feel i have, but i will understand if the distributors do not like what i have said.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com

Last edited by jimmy; 23-04-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 23-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Hi Lee,
Its only Wednesday, 3 days have passed. The right people are informed and I think it is fair now to give it time for chance to act etc..
Old 23-04-2008
Lee-Mag

I understand Chris, and its something that wont happen overnight either. I just wanted to be as fair and diplomatic as possible but still ask the question of, if there is to be no follow up then how can we be sure that it wont happen again

I did not mean to have a pop at anyone

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Your right, I don't want it to happen again either. I think we just need to give it time now, not too much time as Oswestry national is too late.
Old 01-05-2008

Copied from the BRCA website (http://brca.org/Sections/off_e_10/ne...idd.%20pdf.pdf). Hopefully everything will be sorted by Oswestry.

2008 -- 1/10th. Off-Road National Series – First Event Tyre Issues.

The Off-Road Section Committee are aware that certain ‘tyre issues’ encountered at the first event of the National series, held at Kidderminster over the week-end of April 19/20, were not entirely to the liking of some competitors.

Since last week-end, I have had contact with the companies involved in an effort to understand the cause of the problems and of course to gain confidence that the same issues will not arise at future events.
The issues centred on :-

1. Variation in the compound of Ballistic Buggy Green MiniSpike tyres.
2. The quality of Schumacher MiniSpike tyres, (expected to be supplied from new tooling).

1. – Ballistic Buggy tyres
After detailed conversations with the supplier (Ballistic Buggy) and the tyre distributor (CML), it is apparent that tyres of different compounds had been mixed and therefore incorrectly labelled in some cases. Unfortunately, the supply of tyres in readiness for the Kidderminster event were not despatched/received until the Thurs./Fri. prior to the event. Obviously tyres had to be shipped to the retail outlets quickly, leaving no time for anyone to evaluate if there was any error. As mixed compounds had not been previously encountered, there was no reason to suspect that a problem existed.

CML have discussed the situation with their supplier, who has agreed to recheck all their stock to ensure that tyres will be correctly identified at future events.

I wish to make it clear that the conversations with all parties concerned have been completely open with full cooperation given. Both CML and Ballistic Buggy know how important tyre compounds are to competitors, and between them are taking the required measures to ensure this does not happen in the future.

2. – Schumacher tyres
Schumacher have voluntarily issued the following statement, and have suggested that we inform our competitors of the situation regarding the new mould tool.

Off-Road Tyres – BRCA Off-Road Nationals
Schumacher committed to making new tools for the Mini-Spike tyres and of course we have tried our utmost to get those new mould tools on stream in time for the first National. Sadly, despite our best efforts this has not been possible for which we apologise. We have samples from the new tools but sadly these are not yet perfect. We are working very hard to get the tool modifications completed as fast as possible and I can assure you that no effort or expense is being spared to do this.

Best regards

Tim Walden
Executive Manager
Schumacher Racing Ltd.

I trust that the above information will restore confidence for the future events.

Paul Worsley. (Chairman, BRCA 1/10th. Off-Road Section).
Old 01-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I think this is a good response from all involved!!!!!!!

You have done good Tom, thanks mate
Old 01-05-2008
Smirnoff Ice dancer

Send a message via MSN to ben

Yeh well done tom for getting the information on what has happened. Thanks
Old 01-05-2008

Not really anything to do with me, I just kicked up the fuss, Paul W got all the information.
Old 01-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post
Not really anything to do with, I just kicked up the fuss Paul W got all the information.

It was something to do with you, I never even knew there was a problem??? Doh.......

But you spoke out in a controlled-ish way and they have listened
Old 01-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Church View Post
But you spoke out in a controlled-ish way and they have listened
I like the "-ish" part, ha ha.

Its a good result, and although this is a rare case, it inspires confidence to know that we have good representation when cases like this arrise so long as the right people are emailed.
Old 01-05-2008
Lee-Mag

Thanks to Tom and PW, i think without Pauls help we would of struggled to get these answers so quickly.

Now, is there going to be any form of compensation from whoever has made the mistake?

Possibly if the hard tyres were returned then a refund could be given. Some may think this is unreasonable and the tyres are fit for purpose. But in reality they were not, what was in the packet was not what was stated on the outside. If you bought a motor and it only went half speed would you be happy?

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 01-05-2008

Another question though. What do we do with tires (NIP) we already have?

Do you think CML will exchange them?
Old 02-05-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Good to hear...

Well done Schumacher and Ballistic Buggy
Old 02-05-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

I dunno if they need a pat on their backs for owning up to their mistakes, the mistakes should never of happened in the first place really. I would be impressed if they offered to replace badly moulded tyres and mismatched compound tyres though.
Old 02-05-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to dave g

well its good that they have both replied and gave a reason as to whats happend,but...what happens at the next national where schumachers are the tire choice and they still havent sorted their moulds/tyres out??
Old 02-05-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

it is good they have replied, yes, but that is the least that they could do, in admitting there is an issue, how they sort it out is more important though isn't it Dave.

Imagine buying a pair of shoes, getting home to find two left feet in there or different sizes, you would expect the shop to replace them on the spot or refund you your money, not just appologise and expect you to be happy.

We look at this as a hobby, but it is these guys bread and butter, they should be doing it right.