Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > TRUCKS - SC - Truggy - Stadium - Crawler

Old 02-01-2012

Default venom gambler?

Just got one. Brushed rtr, 2.4 radio. All electrics removed. An 8th scale spec ace servo installed, old novak cyclone speedo ( buggy version) flat liner motor :-) (old school till I get another brushless system) 60c batts. Std gearing. Will need to go up tho.

Lookin at maybe gettin to sct nats this year, fancyed a sct for some time. The gambler has been sitting at my local hobby shop chanting my name as I walk thru the door. Seems a tidy kit having option mid/rear motor positions as std. Any one know what there like on circuit? Durabilty handling speed etc. We have a tidy biig indoor club up here for winter and a posible big out door half grass have flat race circuit for this summer. Can wait to use it looks so cool. Any set up tips and what? Tyres for this model or class in general would be great thanks. ;-)
Old 02-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

iv seen one on track,i really think they could be a dark horse,they look to handle as well if not better than the top brands of 2wd,the only thing is they look abit front end heavy when in mid motor,not sure how they will last over the outdoor season but good luck

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 02-01-2012

funny really its great fun to drive, very managable side ways action, using kit tyres on wet grass/clummpy mud have had a blast the last few days. I have got a grove coming on the green acrross from my house lol Great option to have the mid/rear motor position i would asume mid would be the way to go on the uks high grip astro or clay. The shock bodies could be a little better if i'm nit picking but i do have some threaded losi ones in my secret box of bits in the shed, may bring them out of retirment. I'm using overlander 2200 60cs. Getting around 6min run time out them on think ish grass, the green is 20% incline so on the way up its really tring to motor, I have a 12x2 burshed in for now.. (or is it a single, cant remember)

I did do a quick opple search and have found out the truck has been proven winning various big named events, best one was 6hr enduro with no mechanical failures. A good pro i guess

Tyres wise are you just running schui pins and spkies simular to buggy world??
Old 02-01-2012

Fastrax Kourse Kings. Brilliant on grass. Schumacher have just brought out a mini spike SC tyre though.
Old 02-01-2012

[QUOTE=reg;601612]iv seen one on track

I tried to run one at the first round of the SCT nats this year, and although I am rubbish... the truck was worse.

When it was running it sounded like a tea tray clattering around, luckilly it didnt run too often

Hope you have more luck than I did
Old 02-01-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post

I tried to run one at the first round of the SCT nats this year, and although I am rubbish... the truck was worse.

When it was running it sounded like a tea tray clattering around, luckilly it didnt run too often

Hope you have more luck than I did

sounds like something must have been wrong,a chap at my local club runs one,it runs silky smooth and very direct

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 02-01-2012

yeah after testing this i have to say one thing is its smooth in noise running and the way it'll take jumps bump etc. What kind of chattering did you have.??
Old 02-01-2012

The problems I had were the idler gear stripping twice and various broken plastics.
The noise was the bodyshell clanging around.
I loved the truck and the way it looked but could not get much steering and generally struggled to get round.

It was the first in the UK that was used for the rrci review and things may have changed or I was just unlucky
Old 02-01-2012

Well, we'll give it ago see whats what. Sell upgrade once I know the direction i'm taking. Would idler gear be stripping because slipper not slipping enough? Sounds like too much trans stress. Too much of a direct drive as it were.

What are the schumacher tyres like? Anyone tried em yet?
Old 02-01-2012

Default humm

Well, we'll give it ago see whats what. Sell upgrade once I know the direction i'm taking. Would idler gear be stripping because slipper not slipping enough? Sounds like too much trans stress. Too much of a direct drive as it were.

What are the schumacher tyres like? Anyone tried em yet?
Old 03-01-2012

Default gambler venom

its a great little truck and can win at any `given time
coplaints are plastic on arms way to soft and are fragial
steering bell cranks too loose and felixiable making cornering
eratic sometimes shock pistons are made wrong have too big of a hole in them get new ones asscoaited 2 holes 55/56 work well i belive
defently wana get the 1.5 degree rear hubs really makes car come off coners more consistant and drive forward
the a arm proplem is being adresses by venom and they have a second batch made that are in the newer kits that were manufactured after july
as far as idler striping it,s not a common problem have heard of a few incidints but i belive its from clutch setup they have added a steel idler gear and is avaliable on the newer kits
front bunber also seems to be an issues trim the bumber or replace with a rpm bumber ,trim the servo horn a little tends to rub on servo when turning left other than that truck seems to be solid preformer and pretty much bullet proof
Old 03-01-2012

as for tyres you wont go far wrong with kourse kings mate
Old 03-01-2012
Mad Member

Schumacher tyres are excellent. Minispikes on astro and minipins on carpet is what I have used soo far. Blue compound seems to work andf last realyl well to.

Kourse seem good to. I haven't tried a new set yet but some part worn ones wokred well when I raced at granthams outdoor track.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 03-01-2012

work commitments has made me sell all my gear but I loved the look of the Gambler so reading comments on here it would be the one I buy when I can get the time to play

Im crap but loved the SCT nats this year, cant wait to do it again
Old 04-01-2012

great feedback guys,

I'm new to SCT but not new to off road racing. I'm mainly involved in micro racing, last year i used the newish rc18t placing 3rd overall in the championship and i won the national title with the 2wd Losi mini T. Have to say putting all the winning aside the 2wd class really did it for me, Loved the way you had to be smooth and consistant. It wasnt about the big air time you get in the 4wd classes with the accel. off jumps.

This year i'm racing 16th instead of 1/18th and given there isnt a prodution 16th 2wd you buy off the shelf and as much as i enjoy racing the losi mini8 i really am missing the 2wd action.

With only a few grassy runs out the box to its name i could see myself really wanting to push this class locally. We do have an MSA Kart Circuit on my door step in which they know me well. They have a huge middle infield which they dont use anymore and every time iv been up there, they keep trying to convince me to start some thing, but! i'v never had anything bigger than a micro the past few years. Now having this almost 1/8th scale buggy size SCT i could really see a part grass part silky smooth tarmac combo track working. The facilitys that are there are great and size really doesnt matter lol Big two level cafe and bristro, overlooking balcony, toilets and showers.....just incase lol massive car parks, reasonable size scrutiners shed (we are talking kart sized lol). Who knows?! Be great if i could do some thing for this neck of the woods.

But inshort i'v bought one not having raced it yet and i'm hooked