Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 20-04-2008

Default ATTENTION UK TIRE MANUFACTUER’S

Is there any chance of having a UK national this year with proper tires?

I have an email dated 5th March from Schumacher saying there new mini-spikes delivery is still 5 weeks away, that would make it the 9th April, yet this weekend I heard that they are still not expected for the second national. Obviously the current Mini-Spikes have a problem otherwise there wouldn’t be a new mould in the works, yet we are still expected to run the ’problem’ tires at the highest level in the UK. Lets hope the 'new' tire is the same material/compound/spike as the old one as mid-season is not the best time to introduce a new tire.

Today I had my day essentially ruined by Ballistic Buggy Quality Control, along with a few other drivers, using tires that were sold as Green compound, yet clearly weren’t when compared to other Green compound tires.

So here are a few helpful hints for the tire companies:

Two tires that are the same in one packet are good, not one that has poorly moulded spikes and one properly moulded tire.

Tires that are the compound that is written on the packet is good, not a different compound.

Is there any chance this could be sorted in time for Oswestry?

You have known about the tire choices for the nationals for over 4 Months, you have known what tires work where in different weather conditions for years. Is it really that hard to have a properly moulded, correctly marked tire available at a National event?

PS: Quality Control is defined by Google as meaning, 'The process of making sure that products or services are made to consistently high standards.'. Quality Assurance is defined by Google as meaning, 'A review of a product or service after completion to determine the degree of excellence achieved and deficiencies that need correction.'. Hope this helps!
Old 20-04-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

I'm with you all the way on this one tom
i wont name names unless we have to
but it ruined Matthews possible b final Quality today
and I'm sure at least a dozen other drivers runs
not the shops fault mind you
this ones down to the manufactures/quality control people
THANKS GUYS
Old 20-04-2008
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Agreed, the ballistic tyre situation this weekend was nothing but pathetic. The rears seemed to be in the correct compound, however nearly every set of fronts that was able to be purchased were harder than the 'right' green which should be provided.

The bad compound was so bad I refused to run them and took them back as they were no where near what they should have been.

I'll be honest in saying that I honestly can't see this being resolved by oswestry, as tyre issues never seem to have a quick turn around. Look at last years schumacher problem with ripping tyres, it took long enough to get it nearly right, and it still isnt there!

Fingers crossed to a quick solution!
Old 20-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockerill View Post

PPS: I'm pretty sure selling goods with an incorrect description is illegal, maybe I should get my money back? Maybe I'm wrong?
may be we all should
Old 20-04-2008
Administrator

I had new green ballistics in practice and first round - I think after the second round the fronts were pretty worn so I got some more. The new fronts were definitely harder and feeling the spikes on my car now the rear tyres are plenty softer than the fronts.
Old 20-04-2008

aint good!!!
Old 20-04-2008

To be honest Paul, they probably don't see it as a problem, they still sell the tires as we have to buy them, I'm guessing the 'team' guys have no problems as they will get the 'softer' greens.

I also expect very few replies to this thread, people won't want to upset anyone, and I'll probably get a few stern words from a few people, but hey I'm sure most agree with me even if they don't say it.

A possible solution for next year could be: Each distributor/manufacturer can nominate one tread pattern, in as many compounds as they like. but every tire has to have 'BRCA' the tread pattern name a compound marking moulded into the tire wall. Dunno how hard it would be to do this, but I think it has been used in touring cars. IF made a rule the companies would have 5 months notice to sort it, although they would probably need longer going by the current situation.
Old 20-04-2008

sounds good to me
Old 20-04-2008

Send a message via MSN to Lew

I only had problems with one set of rears.. but yeah that idea does sound good...
Best shop (model images)
Run a XXX-CR and a X Factory X-5

Old 20-04-2008
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Thinking back to last year at Kiddy we had this exact same problem as Ballictic had a 'bad batch' and half the stock was soft and half wasn't. The compound seems the exact same as the bad ones were last season. I just hope they havn't rebagged them to get rid as it were.

It was definately noticeable watching cars with the right and the wrong compound on, kind of night and day really!

I do think alot of racers are thinking the same thing also, it simply isnt good enough.
Old 20-04-2008

It would be nice to hear from the manufacturers/distributors to hear what has actually happened, but again I doubt that will happen. I am going to email Schumacher, see if I can get another expected delivery date on the new Mini-Spikes.
Old 20-04-2008

matthew was a good 1/2 second a lap slower
Old 20-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

what do you all expect? with the current tyre rules the makers have no competition in the market place, So what if the tyres on the market are wrong.........what else are you going to use??Nobody is going to break into the uk market if brca rules state you can't use there tyres at nationals etc. A bit of healthy compatition in the market place would make Schumacher and BB work a bit harder,there tyres have been high price and crap quality for months/ years even.

I Know why the tyre rule was created but if you don't flex it a bit over the years this is what happens

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117
Old 20-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I didn't hear anyone say there was a problem with tyres??? But, now I have read this, it may answer a few questions..........
Old 20-04-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Does anyone know if anyof the other compounds have changed such as pinks etc?

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 20-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This really does need sorting, my rounds 3 and 4 today were ruined by having the 'wrong' greens on the front - nothing that could be done either as that was all that was for sale on the day

Why does it seem so hard for the manufacturers to produce tires consistently?
Old 20-04-2008

because it is a closed market?? let GRP in too, so then Schumacher and Ballistic won't have 'garaunteed' sales?
Old 20-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The idea behind control tyres is that people can use the same tyre through the series as well as be using the same as everyone else, IMHO the BRCA have done absoloutely the correct thing and nominated 2 tyres for the whole series.

The blame for the ridiculous situation with the ballistic tyres has to be layed at the manufacturers doors. I wouldn't beleive that there were essentially 2 compounds of greens going around until I felt them for myself, the hard ones were very noticeabley harder and felt more like the blue compound. Bad shizzle man

Out of interest was Doms stock newish? or could there still have been some of last years batch still mixed in? DOM?
Old 20-04-2008

Maybe there was a mix up in manafacture.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 20-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
Maybe there was a mix up in manafacture.

A
if that is the case, more a mix up in packaging, as I would find it very hard to beleive that they could get the rubber compound so different......