Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 21-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraggy View Post
sorry playing Devils Advocate here,
but is not everybody in the same boat here ??
everyone had to run them so know one was at an advantage..
Simple answer, NO! Not everyone had the same fronts so yes some had an unfair advantage. Saying that potentially one of the best drivers in the world could still win with them doesn't make it right.

I qualified 1st in the C on Blue fronts. I got hold of some used Green fronts for the final and my time would have put me in the middle of the B final. So should I feel aggrieved that I had the potential to make the B final on the correct tires. Bearing in mind I had made setup changes all day to gain more steering and the tires were already used twice, so the car wasn't perfect in the final, maybe I could have been in the A.

As I said before, I don't expect to make friends from this, but the situation is Bollocks and the TIRE COMPANIES need telling, not the shops they haven't done anything wrong.
Old 21-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

I must say that the greens that I bought, and ran all day, did feel rediculously soft compared to others that I bought last year.

Shame I couldn't take advantage of the softness!

Let GRP in on the nats next year.
Old 21-04-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Well i am sure i have been told by shop owners that they get a window in which to settle up in. Plus its not like its once a month that people buy tires, there are regionals every weekend all over the country also. So there really is no excuses.
like i said lee, might be worth you finding out fact's rather than assuming things.....some shops will have accounts other shops pay on collection

yes there are meetings all over the country most weekends doesnt mean the shops attend them all. most shops don't attend meetings and for those that do usually only in there own region plus for example with ballistic's if the rest of the year is dry would be stuck with 2k's worth of tyres on the shelf which people would then moan about because theyve gone hard as there old stock....

B4FT-NOSRAM EVO-KO2123-SPASHETT 10x2

http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o...-rugby-new.gif
Old 21-04-2008
Lee-Mag

I suppose the shops are now stuck with a mix of greens/blues now, and without going through every packet we may see harder tyres creeping in for a while to come yet, its not like the end user gets an option to try before you buy

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 21-04-2008
Lee-Mag

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
like i said lee, might be worth you finding out fact's rather than assuming things.....some shops will have accounts other shops pay on collection

yes there are meetings all over the country most weekends doesnt mean the shops attend them all. most shops don't attend meetings and for those that do usually only in there own region plus for example with ballistic's if the rest of the year is dry would be stuck with 2k's worth of tyres on the shelf which people would then moan about because theyve gone hard as there old stock....

Im. sure most shops have a phone and a facility to take payment by a card, so people can purchase them from anywhere in the country, you dont have to be out every weekend to sell stuff. If a shop doesn`t have this facility then im sure they miss out on a hell of a lot of business, same with the account thing, id rather have 2k in my account for 30 days than someone elses, i also understand that with some distributors if you pay within a certain time you get further discount etc.

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 21-04-2008

post deleted
Old 21-04-2008

Low Fiiivvvee!!

Bad tyre man!!!

In my country we shoot the Jew!!! Maybe you should shoot the tyre mans!!!

Ewwarr Weewarr!!!

Go go Tom Cockrill for stiring up a hornets nest!!!!
Old 21-04-2008
Mad Member

but the suppliers were at kiddy yesterday did no-one think of asking them!!

Old 21-04-2008

Unfortunately by the time had found out I was running Blue fronts the reps had gone home, shame really, it would have been nice to put them on the spot.

What's done is done, that can't be changed. What can be changed is the attitude of the companies and the future products, hopefully with this thread they will change. If not maybe we should look to other suppliers?
Old 21-04-2008
Mad Member

they were there all day and still there when i left at 18.45 yesterday!

Old 21-04-2008

My Dad went looking for Dave Duggan and was told he had left. To be fair how would I as a racer know who the reps are? I have no dealings with them.

I have emailed both companies with a link to this forum, they now both have a chance to reply and also sort there tires out for the next national. Let's see if they do?
Old 21-04-2008
Mad Member

the suppliers are Ballistic buggy, cml are the distributors

Old 21-04-2008

Brilliant, are those people I am looking for? I asked Chris Rowcliffe about it, he said its all down to CML now, who is CML? (ie. a person? My Dad went looking for Dave Duggan, He was told that he had gone). As I said they now have their chance to reply, lets see if they do?
Old 21-04-2008

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) says that goods should be as follows:

As described
- goods should correspond with any description applied to them.

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/c...V0043-1011.txt

I, along with many others, should be expecting our money back then?
Old 21-04-2008
Mad Member

not really, the official description of BB greens is

BBT01 (Green compound) Suitable for wet grass conditions or astroturf

the tyres sold were suitable for the purpose, as it doesnt mention anything about being soft,medium,hard compounds so i doubt you would have a leg to stand on in court..

Old 21-04-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by losixxx View Post
not really, the official description of BB greens is

BBT01 (Green compound) Suitable for wet grass conditions or astroturf

the tyres sold were suitable for the purpose, as it doesnt mention anything about being soft,medium,hard compounds so i doubt you would have a leg to stand on in court..
To me that means they should be the same compound as any other BB Green Compound tire. Ask any (expert) racer and they told me they were NOT Green Compound, therefore that is an Incorrect description. Green Compound was not even the same front to rear in my case. So YES the description is wrong.

PS. As someone who knows the Reps/Distributors, if you want to PM me the email addresses of the people who need to know about these issue's and will reply I will happily forward my emails to them.
Old 21-04-2008
Lee-Mag

I agree with tom here and feel for the other racers who paid there £7 ~ and didnt get what they were expecting

I also have to disagree with what you are saying losixxx, you seem to be saying it doesnt matter what is in the packet as long as the label and part number is right

Thats like buying a B44 and opening the box and an academy pops out, and taking it back to the shop and the owner saying "well it says its a b44 on the box so it must be a b44" I dont think you would be too impressed.

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 21-04-2008
Mad Member

[quote=Lee;115907]

I also have to disagree with what you are saying losixxx, you seem to be saying it doesnt matter what is in the packet as long as the label and part number is right

quote]

didnt say that at all m8, all i pointed out was the item description of the product

Old 21-04-2008
Lee-Mag

But you have to understand that what people expected and what they got were two totally different things

It might not even be the distributers fault, there could of been a mix up where they are bagged etc. Mistakes do happen if there are humans involved, i think peoples main concern is that it is sorted out for OZ

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 21-04-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Chris Dyke, this must have been an acceptable situation for yourself. But for the majority of others it was not.

Please stop defending them, and allow them, whoever it may be (it isn't you), respond to the emails which have been sent, and then we will have an idea whats going on. I am not going to go making conclusions on something I am not informed enough about, so I just remained an unhappy customer.

Personally, I want to use something which is as described, so id rather run Green Schumachers and know that they are, rather then Green Ballistics and then I 'might' be faster, or my car 'might' handle like a pig on rollerskates.

When I buy a pan, I don't want a kettle, fair enough they both boil water and some people may accept that - but I asked for a pan.