Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > News

Old 29-05-2013
Administrator

Default 410 DARC - DEX410 conversion

Sometimes you just have to see things in the flesh to really appreciate them - and the 410 DARC conversion is certainly one of them.

I met up with Scott Dickinson, the creator of the chassis conversion for the DEX410 from Team Durango, at this past weekend's national at EPR. You can see some photos and read some words about that in the race report here:
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/2013national-epr/

The 410Darc is a new exciting competition race chassis conversion for the Team durango Dex410

Features :
Convert your existing dex410 easily to the 410darc.
Comprising of an ultra slim 6061-T6 air-craft grade aluminium chassis.
Using Centrally mounted Motor and Radio equipment for optimised and improved weight distribution.
Unique Forward and rear mounted saddles makes for a very well centrally balanced car ( forward to back, left to right).
A true lipo chassis, designed with only todays modern lipo's in mind ( not heavy Ni-cad cells )
The +11 spec longer chassis increases stability and makes for more consistent easier faster driving.
Set up your car from a level playing field. Near 50/50 weight disribution (un weighted)
Larger usable radio gear space.
Chassis flex points can be adjusted by using different combinations of screws in carbon side rails.
TD's weight kit can still be used
Only the highest quality materials used through out.

The chassis driving characteristics:

Better performance in all conditions and situations
has a very noticeable locked in rear end for increased cornering stability and speed.( no wagging )
Staggering confident faster corner entry speed.
Amazing control in the air.
Huge amounts of forward drive.( Leaps out of corners ).
Ton of steering still available.
We have also found the chassis still very nimble on the tight slower corners due to the amount of brushless power availiable nowadays and how our longer chassis tames that power.
Very easy to setup and work on.

Kit contents :

Every component required to convert included.
6061 t6 aluminium chassis ( anodised Military Grey and the magic measurement +11mm longer).
Precision cnc machined side mounting blocks ( 7075 aluminium anodised black).
Cnc machined clutch adapter that fits all Dex410s not just the V3 ( note 2way slipper will not fit ).
Carbon fibre sides ( pure carbon twill , no glass ).
Carbon fibre battery straps ( our carbon fibre weave is the same as the TD's so as to match your other parts).
Brass battery posts that compliment the gold durango shock shafts you already have on your dex410
Agressive yet smooth aerodynamic Body shell ( inspired by the original 2005 hand built durango's).
Black, All M3 hardware needed to convert a 410 ( nothing else required).
Chrome, Black and White pre cut high quality decal sheet.
Instructions sheet ( English only).

Available now
By Pm to D.A.R.C 1 on oople
Price £160 + p&p ( we use Royal Mail only )
Spares price list coming soon
Email darcdevelopments@gmail.com

http://www.darcdevelopments.com

Last edited by jimmy; 29-05-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 30-05-2013
Mad Member

that's all the info we could fine on the DARC-site, which is great offcourse ..
but isn't there anybody with some extra info or feedback, driver-reports, driving-experience of this chassis? ...
Old 30-05-2013

Hi i drove the prototype and as a durango hater its improved the car so i can actually drive it and like it.
No more tail wagging trying to put power down, car feels less agressive and much more stable and balanced.
Old 30-05-2013
Administrator

I will write an article soon with a GOOD uk driver using the chassis. Not me obviously
Old 30-05-2013

If it helps i have raced against Scott running his car at Maritime. Trying to pick through the inside of a corner or power out around the outside isn't easy, if not possible. The car is glued and seems to go where it is put. I have also been up close and persnoal with the production car. The machine work on the parts, and the quality, all resemble a large manufacturer rather than a smaller one. The car once together looks 'kit' with noly the colour of the chassis really giving it away, and the shape of the shell.

Don't get me wrong, I love the 410, it's a simply awesome 4wd, but im very drawn to this kit and it's conversion. I like also that thought has gone into it, and that already tips are appearing on the facebook page and im sure will be duplicated to the website.

The chassis itself also lends to a tad more room for the electrics which only goes to help those with larger ESC and RX equipment.

I know that as soon as I have the money available im buying this upgrade to the 410. For what you get, the quality you get, I think it is worth it.

Currently utilising (abusing) Durango DEX210 / KO Propo Espritt III / Tekin / LRP / SpeedPassion / Savox
Old 30-05-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Scott was kind enough to build me a proto DARC410 that was raced the the Off Road wars meeting and at other events at Maritime.

I have raced a 410 for over 4 seasons now and made the switch the DARC, I noticed the following improvments:

Better rear end grip when on power (on high grip and low grip)

Better balance in flight

High corner speed

Just made the 410 a joy to driven and had my best 4wd results using this conversion.

The conversion is very easy to build and the quality is amazing and all British engineering!

A good investment for all you 410 owners out there, get one ordered today!

www.rccarshop.co.uk