Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 22-04-2009

Default You are having a laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_brick View Post
After a couple of pm's I thought I'd just add this to this thread,

Directions to the track can be found here:

http://northernrc.com/index.php?s=&s...ndpost&p=13341

Please also be aware that there will be no catering van on site this weekend, but there is a mcdonalds within 5 mins drive and a garage with shop straight outside the entrance to the track.

Peter
Is it not a little late to tell people this info like? It's not a very good start to the outdoor series is it? some people don't have chance or time to go out for food, and shouldn't have to. I'm not coming Sunday but am just thinking about others. Rant over!

J
Old 22-04-2009

Just entered for this one...

JIm
Old 22-04-2009
Lee-Mag

I think the person in the A final with the lowest average laptime will win the event.

Thats my prediction anyway

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 22-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi Julie View Post
Is it not a little late to tell people this info like? It's not a very good start to the outdoor series is it? some people don't have chance or time to go out for food, and shouldn't have to. I'm not coming Sunday but am just thinking about others. Rant over!

J
If the catering people phone me and tell me they can't get there due to a family problem what am I meant to do.

When the event was advertised there was no catering advertised, so hopefully people do not assume there will be at every event if not advertised as such. Personally I'd rather choose where to go than some of the catering that is provided where we have had a mix of overpriced 'greasy vans' and other catering with limited choice, then some events without any catering. It is difficult to get catering at events where only a small number are attending and many bring their own food/drinks anyway.

Jez you can get there as early as you like there is 24hr access to the track.

Peter
Old 22-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Quote:
but there is a mcdonalds within 5 mins drive

Peter

Who's going to be the nominated mcdonals driver at dinner time then?
Old 22-04-2009

Quote:

J

not really posting this at 7.00 am sunday morning would of been to late,but a think 5 days is long enough to make a flask and some ham sarnys stop twisting at people trying to do there best to organise meetings for people to enjoy

people like you really get on my ********* ends if you can do better then do it

rant over at your rant
Old 22-04-2009

A little note from me

My partner turbo_brick has gone to a lot of time and expense to make this meeting happen, he has been there every day this week so far taking precious time from his family. Actually no, on Monday I went up to help him too with the boys and we got home about 10pm. There are many others who have put a huge amount of effort in for weeks (also at cost to themselves) to make the track usable by 1/10th drivers for this event, including people who don't even race at all. Peter and his brother (who doesn't race) went all the way to Scotland last Friday when we came back from holiday to collect ropes for the track.

Is there any wonder people don't want to hold these events when all they get is criticism for donating their time, money and effort in making them happen? If I had my way he'd spend the time with his children and not running around like an idiot for these events to run ok, costing us a fortune in diesel (30 odd miles a day) loosing much needed sleep (he'll get about 4 hours over the weekend and be extremely grumpy with me/the kids) so other people can enjoy the weekends racing (as he won't have much time to race himself) so please for goodness sake give those involved in these events a break FFS a burger van is the last of his worries! He's downstairs sorting the computer system out as I type this. I'll probably get wrong for posting this but about time it was said, I know I am not alone wondering why people put the effort in to be slated.

MY RANT OVER (wonder how long before it gets deleted, even if it's the truth)

(mrs) turbo_brick

(PS for those who do appreciate it, you know who you are, thank you!)
Old 22-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO View Post
not really posting this at 7.00 am sunday morning would of been to late,but a think 5 days is long enough to make a flask and some ham sarnys stop twisting at people trying to do there best to orgapnise meetings for people to enjoy

people like you really get on my ********* ends if you can do better then do it

rant over at your rant
Fair enough! I was only thinking of others, there is no need to say I get on your xxxxxxxxxxx ends. Yes I realise people have time to make sanies etc by Sunday. I am not twisting anything, you didn't say why there wasn't going to be a burger van, people presume there will be one there, as there usually is. I have had to organize things which have been problematic, and have had to sort things at short notice, if you explain things nothing like this happens. There was no need for the nasty tone. J
Old 22-04-2009

Just my opinion of course, but your rant seems very justified and the one about the burger van a little over the top, if well meaning. All the efforts will be appreciate by those who race.

Most (but not all) of the burger vans are dodgy anyway, but nothing is a bad as the catering the school provides for the bigger meetings at York. The last time I ate from there the chips were like cardboard and I could shit through the the eye of a needle for several days after. I pity the poor kids at that school.
Old 22-04-2009

Quote:
There was no need for the nasty tone. J
If you reread your message, I think you will realise it was a similar tone to the one you used, regarding it being late notice, the start to a series as if they were letting people/the series down etc and I am sure you will see it as DAVO (and others who have been in touch since it was posted) have, a dig at the organisers hence my rant which that was the icing on a cake of grief over these events

Agreed, many of the burger vans are iffy to say the least. There is also an Asda within 5 minutes and a petrol station just down from the track (easy walking distance) which does nice sandwiches, drinks, crisps etc

(mrs) turbo_brick
Old 22-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

Before it gets out of hand, I think Julie was mainly pointing out the fact that there was no reason given for the lack of burger van, until she brought the subject up.

So I think some of the responses on here have been a little over the top in reaction to Julies post.

If the post was explained like so-

Please also be aware that there will be no catering van on site this weekend due to unforseen family problems, but there is a mcdonalds within 5 mins drive and a garage with shop straight outside the entrance to the track.

...then it would have explained the reason why and not just told everyone that there would be no food....which is also how it sounded to me.

And I'm pretty sure that being 'Mrs North East regional rep' , Julie, fully understands about the time and effort being put into all these meetings. I know for one that 'Mr North East regional rep' has been travelling up and down the A1 for the last 6/7 months, every weekend, just to build a track and make sure that the blyth track is up and running in time for the regional and national that is being held there later in the year.
Old 23-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Don't make the sandwiches yet though Julie they might be a bit stiff by sunday.

Also i will translate, "twist" up here means to get in a mood and that was the context used, i don't think Dave meant you were twisting anything that was said. They are a funny breed up north

I hope the meeting goes well for those who put the many hours in.

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-04-2009

you say the numbers are low, just wondered how low
cheers
Old 23-04-2009
Lee-Mag

41 up to now

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-04-2009

So what if there's no food ! It's not like it's hard to make a sarnie the night before ! Anyway we are there to Race not EAT !

Sorry but you did sound twisty ! I think a simple 'I am sorry I was a little harsh' would be appropriate
Old 23-04-2009

Quote:
When the event was advertised there was no catering advertised, so hopefully people do not assume there will be at every event if not advertised as such.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPoMlFbNRJY 15-20secs in

In other thoughts, track looks ACE
Old 23-04-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I'll be having a fry up on Sunday

but it'll be at work

eggs, bacon, beans, toms, sausage, black pud, fried bread etc, can't wait

CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 23-04-2009

41 in't to bad it's not great for a regional but i bet there will be a few more on the day
should be a good day track looks fun
Old 23-04-2009

Usually 60-70. Looking down the list there seems to be less F5 drivers than previous. Track looks great though and quite different to the normal flat grass offerings - should be an interesting day
Old 23-04-2009
Lee-Mag

Very few F1's as well.

SUPER SEED

Paint by www.Mikovic.com