Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 09-04-2012

Default Low profile servo

What would be a good 2wd servo, low profile? Can I use any servo with brushless system? Looking for a servo for a fair price! Thanks!
Old 09-04-2012

I think the savox 1251 low profile would be good in a 2wd. It's a fast strong servo with metel gears. I run one in my lazer fs2 and works well. There only £40 so there a good price.
Old 10-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To be honest I think you get what you pay for with servos and as it's an item that your likely to keep for many years (some of my servos are form the 90s) it's worth spending some proper money on one.

I recently changed all my servos for off-road to Futaba BLS551 units and am absolutely over the moon with the performance. I only changed from my previous servos as going to low profile was required for the installations I wanted to run but have always used Futaba in my aircraft due to a zero failure rate.

The other brand I was looking at were Orion, stunning specifications and again superb reliability by all accounts.

I've also heard nothing but good things about the Power HD units but not had them personally.
Old 10-04-2012

Savox 1251. Got them in a buggy and two TCs, never gave me any issues at all. Fast, torquey, reliable and good value.
Old 10-04-2012

Thanks for your(s) info! I want this, so I can work around with my sticklipo's and transfer them more to front or rear
Old 10-04-2012

What ever you do don't get power hd servos. There performance seem good for the price and what Rodger said "you get what you pay for ". I've had 2 and they have both broke within 2 months so I went for a trusty savox