Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > 10ELECTRIC - Cullingworth

Old 17-03-2015

Default Servo for Megan

I need to pick up a new servo for Megan, but before I order a Savox from MB for £40, has anyone got something they don’t use any more, or is there a better alternative to the Savox, I don’t want to pay more than £40 to use car that’s only run once a fortnight indoors.

Thanks

Mark
Old 17-03-2015

Have a look at these they seem ok on paper. Mr Lewis has some cheap servos that he uses and rates he mite be able to point you in a better direction

http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...g_0_14sec.html
Old 17-03-2015

I use one of the Alturn USA servo's in my Centro and have never had a problem with it and its quite quick. It's nearly £40 so its a similar price to the Savox one u mentioned. Here's a link to it http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-u...roducts/359790.
I've also got the other high speed one they do which is only £18, I'll have it with me next time if u want to try it out. This is the one I mean http://www.modelsport.co.uk/alturn-u...roducts/359785
Hope this helps Mark
Old 17-03-2015

This is one the best sellers Alturn USA ĺow profile servo AAS 645 LMG £28.89. Plus postage

Last edited by Sir Shawny500; 17-03-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 17-03-2015
Mad Member

I've used the hobbyking metal gear digi servos (can't remember whether turnigy or track star - I'm away at moment so can't check) they are -£25 and have been superb

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...
Old 17-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Shawny500 View Post
This is one the best sellers Alturn USA ĺow profile servo AAS 645 LMG £28.89. Plus postage
might just be my bad luck, but have had 2 of the low profile and one of the ones mentioned by Tilly fail on me after a short time. probably my bad luck
Old 17-03-2015
Admin

If I were spending my own money, I'd rather invest in a decent second hand branded item, Sanwa, Futaba etc... Usually on here they go for about £20-£25

As long as you pick your seller carefully you should be fine

EDIT: http://oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164944 I've used Hitec before with no problems, and I know this guy is OK, if you fancy a budget option maybe send a PM and make an offer?

Last edited by Oscar; 17-03-2015 at 09:09 PM.
Old 17-03-2015

The Savox 1258 servos are tough. I've just upgraded mine to a KO but I'd definitely recommend a Sovox for the money.
Old 17-03-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The brushless goteck servos I've used are great. very well built and have so far performed faultlessly.
i have this:
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...g_0_09sec.html

and the cheaper plastic cased version :
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...g_0_07sec.html
which is identical apart from the plastic case.

Nori has the same ones. I did a bit of research prior to buying, and the company behind goteck also seem to make some servos that are identical to futaba models. these were heli servos, not specifically these car servos.
I cannot fault the ones i have thought. I've had servos costing 3x the price that felt lower quality. test is in durability and how long it lasts, which i can't report on now.

Drawback (for some) is that you have to order from hong kong (global warehouse) and delivery is about 10 days. I ordered both together uk mail dropship and received the order with no duty. There are none in UK or EU warehouse

I had an alturn servo (£25ish) and it doesnt centre accurately.
Avoid the savox low profile servo. she will strip gears. they are weak.
the 1258mg savox full sized servo is very solid and works well for the money.

i picked up a super sanwa servo second had off here for £25 and its been awesome. That's in my kf, previously rc10 so doesnt see a lot of action. yes i do have a big servo collection. XpertRC have been fantastic as has my hotbodies, but that was £150rrp.
The only one i have broken (twice) was the savox 1251 low profile. avoid that and the newer 1252.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 17-03-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 18-03-2015

Some people do complain that Savox draw to much power, and indeed I've had this problem when running an old brushed esc in my vintage with nihms, but of the 3 I've got 2x1257's and a 1258 I've never had 1 fail or strip gears, and the oldest will be 6years old now I suppose. Don't be drawn in to much by speed and torque faster is not always better and you could quite easily end up paying for something that's just overkill.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 18-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilRalph77 View Post
Some people do complain that Savox draw to much power, and indeed I've had this problem when running an old brushed esc in my vintage with nihms, but of the 3 I've got 2x1257's and a 1258 I've never had 1 fail or strip gears, and the oldest will be 6years old now I suppose. Don't be drawn in to much by speed and torque faster is not always better and you could quite easily end up paying for something that's just overkill.
I've got the 1257 in my Optima Mid and I prefer it to the 1258.
Old 18-03-2015

Thanks everyone, Have taken Neal's advice and ordered the Goteck from Hobby king, Its my first overseas order, if the delivery process is as simple as the order process I will be very impressed,

We may still need something for next week if anyone has something we can use for a few hours,

Thanks again everyone

Mark
Old 18-03-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by J77MYF View Post
I've got the 1257 in my Optima Mid and I prefer it to the 1258.
Yeh I got the 1257 for 2wd and 1258 for the 4wd figuring that slight difference in speed was king in 2wd and torque in 4wd but sometimes I turn that speed down anyway to give more steering.
----AE B4 ft----Xfactory X6^----DEX210 V1----
----TLR22 3.0----TLR22 4.0----TLR22t 4.0----TLR22 5.0AC----
----AE B6.4----
Old 18-03-2015
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGoulding View Post
Thanks everyone, Have taken Neal's advice and ordered the Goteck from Hobby king, Its my first overseas order, if the delivery process is as simple as the order process I will be very impressed,

We may still need something for next week if anyone has something we can use for a few hours,

Thanks again everyone

Mark
I always have a decent spare in my pit box, you are welcome to loan of it for the evening
Old 19-03-2015

Thats Perfect, Thanks John