Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > West Bridgford Model Car Club

Old 05-09-2011

Default hi advise please

hi does anyone know if the ansmann royal flash rtr is worth buying or not just to start me off in the truggy world ?
Old 05-09-2011
Mad Member

I wouldn't bother with the royal flash. I would look at the macnum or CORE Sct if you want a truck. Oh and some bearings for your gearbox this time

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 05-09-2011

so if i went for the macnum ? Does it have the same gearbox as the madrats ? Cos i didnt think that you were able to put bearings in them i know you could put them in the steering blocks but didnt know you can put them in where the gearbox is :/
Old 05-09-2011
Mad Member

they're effectively the same car, just different suspension and body. The gearbox will take ball bearings, and probably needs them more than any other part of the car due to the stress its under.
Old 05-09-2011

Jamie you might be better off getting a 2WD buggy instead, it's the most popular class and theres always going to be enough cars to run in a good heat.
Old 05-09-2011

why is there something wrong with getting a macnum? :/ just ive had a buggy befor and it was just not rugid enough for me ive spotted a buggy that looks ruggid it is the mavaric stryda i think thats how you spell it it looked bulky in it picture i just down want a madrat again want a change also been looking at the thunder tiger pheionix dont know if anyone has had any experience with them but they look good aswell ive allways wanted a losi 22 or a b4/4.1 but just never had the budget for one and ive herd that there a reall pain in the ass to set up :/ descisions descisions
Old 05-09-2011

Nothing wrong with a Macnum I'm just saying that not as many people race them around here, Losi 22 and B4.1 are very good cars only thing is that the Losi 22 from what i have been told have alot of oversteer but it's built like a brick s*%t house, if you can afford a B4.1 then go for it as they are very good cars and the kit standard set up should get you going ok.

As for Madrats, mine fared just fine with the "Top brand" cars .
Old 05-09-2011
Mad Member

Losi 22 is very very tough. The std setup has got a tendancy to oversteer, however I have now got mine sorted (it was actually understeering on friday!!!). Once you have persevered and got used to their driving dynamics they are awesome

I would steer clear of the Phoenix and Maverick Strada - good cars for bashing but I can't see them being too competetive. The best cars to go for are often the ones that lots of other people drive, since it means that lots of setup advice is easily at hand and there is often a good spares backup if something breaks.

If you are on a budget, I would either stick with the Madrat and get comfortable with it or go for a 2nd hand B4.
Old 06-09-2011
Mad Member

Phoenix is basically a rebadged associated b3. There have been two different models since the B3 although it's a modern kit it's a bit out of date.

A second hand B4 or a madrat with bearings are great starter cars in buggy class. Easy to drive and set-up, spares for the b4 will be generally more expensive than the ansmann though. And seeing as you are just starting out you will break stuff, everybody always does.

Maverick strada is basically the same as the ansmann master smacker. it's more of a basher rather than a racer.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 06-09-2011

thanks for the replys ow and rob dans going to be racing this week end he told me so and i pre booked myself but got a bit confused am i in the outlaw catagory or not i put myself under 17.5 tc not sure if thats right or not just dont want to be racing the fast guys
Old 06-09-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Rich View Post

As for Madrats, mine fared just fine with the "Top brand" cars .

the gap is closing..............

i would stay away from the 22 unless you are going to run it just on the carpet at westbridgford,they are awsome on high grip,they are strong and robust,but dont like changes in grip and the eat rear tires

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486
Old 06-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reg View Post
the gap is closing..............
Lol and after last weeks awesome races, i hope it will get closer!.