Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > NEAM Seaham Sunderland

Old 21-07-2011

Default Midweek Racing

Due to the continuation of the poor turnout I suggest we go back to mid week racing for the following reasons:

1) Everyone that attended is sick of the poor turnout.
2) The small minority that do attend want mid week racing.
3) All of the newbies now do mid week racing at other clubs.
4) I'm not sacrificing anymore of my weekends to run on the club Sundays.

If we run mid week I'll run it.

Your thoughts please?
Old 21-07-2011

As I've said many times to many different people, get up find somewhere that's affordable, has storage and is available midweek and the members are welcome to do as they wish.

As has been proven over the last few months I haven't even got time to race let alone look for somewhere for others to race.

Peter
Old 21-07-2011

Surely we can race during the week, what's stopping us??

The simple reason is very soon the club will cease to be. I don't want it to fold but the general feeling is it'll happen as weekends are clearly no good for anyone. We've lost 3 newbies to Tyne Met because no one like weekends.
Old 21-07-2011

Racing midweek at the youth centre can't happen, as they have stuff on everynight between 5 and 9. Only choice up there are when we currently race or on Sunday night.

As for anywhere else it's upto someone to find somewhere that the club can afford to pay for, not like some of these places expecting £35+ an hour.

In my opinion weeknight racing isn't exactly booming for buggies, the couple of times I've managed to get to Tyne met there's only been 5 or so buggies, Benfield on a Friday I don't know about.

Peter
Old 21-07-2011

Sunday night would be spot on, people can do what they want during the day and race on the night. This would get people back definitely.

What time could we have it from and the latest we're allowed to stay?
Old 21-07-2011

I'd have to check regarding times, but I would advise you speak to the people that are currently keeping the club going that they can make it and that you are going to attract more people there and someone to run it Everytime.

Peter
Old 21-07-2011
Mad Member

I missed last sundays racing at seaham due to an unexpected hangover.
I cant really do mid-week or week nights as I have a 9 month old daughter and have to get a lift from my mrs as i cant drive real cars or RC ones it seems lol) so she needs to look after the bairn while i'm racing, the kids bedtime is 7pm so anything after that is not possible for me.

I'll keep hitting seaham on sundays whenever I can as long as its on

sorry for wasting your time pack
Old 22-07-2011
Mad Member

From a personal point of view, as soon as racing went to a sunday during the day (or morning/afternoon) it died. Nite time is better for most people, and you have to look after the current crop of racers, at jarrow we had loads of people every week (except after a comp on a sunday).

As long as racing is on at the current times i will not be attending, move it back to sunday nite or during the week and i'll be there like a shot! (as i would think a few other people 2, if am wrong then am wrong). just my 2 pence.

Pack, excellent matey i'll be back if we go racing on a nite time, thanks for doing this! See you sunday!

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 22-07-2011

Right, I propose we change the time we run on Sunday.

I reckon we should run 6-10, all in favour let it be known?
Old 22-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpackster1980 View Post
Right, I propose we change the time we run on Sunday.

I reckon we should run 6-10, all in favour let it be known?
I know i dont race @ seaham much but its a +1 from me for sunday night.
im not sure on the timing ,i guess 10 maybe a little late if school kids attended , could you maybe do 5-9 or is the hall booked until 6 ? just an idea.
Old 22-07-2011
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Steven Forster

something definately needs to be done as buggy racing seems to be going downhill, as peter said theres only around 5 people go to tyne met but because they run touring cars aswell there can be 15-25 people there on a night, whereas at benfield there is 4-5 people turn up and if less than 4 people turn up they dont race at all..........

Think this might be worth looking at and considering ???

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74841

would be better than racing on polished floors all the time !!!

My situation, i work 2-10:30pm every other week so could only race every other week and try to get to both tyne met on mondays and benfield on fridays at the minute and then seaham on sunday "when its on" and think seaham on a sunday night will be a good idea and preferably more often than its on now

hope something gets sorted soon for all buggy racers in the north east !!!
Old 28-07-2011

i cant understand why people would not want to race on a sunday but then turn up at the last regional at batley last weekend that was a sunday so how come people will turn up then.
Old 28-07-2011
Mad Member

Because people plan in advance to go away on a sunday.

I like to spend time with my family on a sunday so i plan in advance to go away, racing on a sunday for me is for competitions.

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/
Old 06-08-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVO View Post
i cant understand why people would not want to race on a sunday but then turn up at the last regional at batley last weekend that was a sunday so how come people will turn up then.
Not sure if you understand about regionals davo but here goes, if you complete enough rounds in the regional series in any class, 2 or 4 wd then your score counts towards an F rating, the F rating is used for both national entry the following year and also counts towards where you are likely to qualify in the next season outdoors. The higher the F rating, the better qualifier you normally go into.
That is why people don't mind travelling to Batley!

I for one would love to get to a club somewhere, has to be midweek for family commitments and was going to start at a particular club but have changed my mind on that one!

If Seaham ws Sunday night I have got more chance of getting there but who knows, let's hope Paul Carr gets this track up and running ASAP!
Xb2 CE
Www.tqmodels.co.uk

See My Feedback