Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 31-03-2011
Mad Member

Default Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR for 1st RX buggy

As the title suggest I've narrowed my extensive search down to the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR. It comes in at a great price, it's got a starter box with it. It has a spektrum DX3S with it. I've only done touring cars before, never nitro, only have old gear ( 10 years old ) so all this for £350 seems almost too ideal.

Has anyone got one ? Does anyone know why I shouldn't get one as my first RX Buggy ?

Any thoughts more than welcomed. Ta very much

My paintwork thread
Old 31-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeayen View Post
As the title suggest I've narrowed my extensive search down to the Losi 8ight 2.0 RTR. It comes in at a great price, it's got a starter box with it. It has a spektrum DX3S with it. I've only done touring cars before, never nitro, only have old gear ( 10 years old ) so all this for £350 seems almost too ideal.

Has anyone got one ? Does anyone know why I shouldn't get one as my first RX Buggy ?

Any thoughts more than welcomed. Ta very much
if Iwas to start out yep I would buy it, check Je Spares see if they have it cheaper

E REVO
BAJA,SS TS REED
All The Gear,and No Idea!!
4PKS,4PL
PILLOW CASE CREW
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29834
Old 01-04-2011
Mad Member

Actually when I started looking around the net last night for reviews I realised this was super cheap, I mailed the shop back to check they'd given me the right price but unfortunately they'd made a mistake and it was £529...

However seeing as it includes everything I think I'll just have to save a touch longer. It was between this and the new RB One, I think the RB has better servo's. I know this has a better radio though and good spares back up so I think I'll stick with the Losi.

If anyone else can shed any more info though, good or bad stories, anything that would be useful that would be great.

My paintwork thread
Old 01-04-2011

The Losi 2.0 RTR is a great bit of kit with pretty much everything you will need to start racing in the box. Apart from starter gear (Fuel, filler bottle, glow starter etc), all you need to get going is a couple of 7.2v battery packs for the starter box and a charger for the hump pack/batteries etc.

Another positive that maybe you should consider is the fact that pretty much the whole car can be upgraded to the pro version (Ali shock caps, top plate etc) and the prices on spares/upgrades are very reasonable and not short in supply.

The engine that is supplied supplies an ample amount of power for a beginner and is very easy to tune (Can make use of the telemetry sensor that comes with the dx3s radio).

I believe the steering servo is metal geared as standard and the throttle/break servo is 'good enough' but it may be an aspect which you may consider to upgrade at a later date.

We have them in for £455 at the moment so a little cheaper than £529 so maybe worth having a look

Hope this helps, Brad
Old 01-04-2011
Mad Member

Cheers for your reply Brad, it sounds like this is definitely what I need to get going then. I did mail Losi/Horizon about the servo's and this is what was said.
Quote:
The Servo in the 8ight 2.0 is quite basic and as far as I am aware produces 6Kilo of torque on 6v. They are not ball raced or anything special like that so for high end competition you may want to eventually up-grade them to something with more power.
I can upgrade them as and when I have the extra cash.

Good spares back up is going to be essential so that's another good plus point.

My paintwork thread
Old 01-04-2011

Yes, that tends to be the case with servos on RTR cars as they include servos that work. As said above, spares are readily available and judging by your situation it seems to be the car to go for

Brad