Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 22-09-2014

Default 22-4 sway bar - what a difference

I'm not sure if everyone else who owns the 22-4 has had problems with handling - specifically grip roll on high bite very dry astro tracks, but I have. Even running almost bold tyres no matter the brand. I found Ballistic buggy mini spikes whites or Schumacher mini spikes yellows - same results although the ballistic buggy whites were slightly better.

Even running Schumacher mini studs on the front did not stop the grip roll. I also tried moving the rear shocks to the front and this improved the drivability it a little bit by allowing the car to give a little bit on corners. Until, I just bought sway bars for this car - seems obvious but I've never needed to use them on any other car before. But after fitting the yellow bar on both the front and the rear, wow, it is now a transformed car! I can actually drive it without it rolling over on almost every corner with a fair degree of confidence. Like I said earlier, I only had this problem on some astro tracks that are extremely high grip.

To try to not state the obvious but this may help others and I'll be interested in hearing whether other people have found this as a positive change.

Have yet to try the shorty but will shortly as I need to buy some shorty packs for my 2wd. I am assuming the shortly will allow the car to rotate on corners more too.

Cheers
Simon
Old 22-09-2014
Mad Member

Well done buddy

The clue was in the name :-)
Old 22-09-2014

Nice one Simon. You were going really well yesterday
Old 22-09-2014

Thanks George, it was great racing during the finals. Leg3 was really close racing!

Will be back at meeting 4 as I'll be in Singapore on the 5th Oct sadly.

Simon
Old 23-09-2014

Will see you there. I won't be at the next meeting either, got to be working, Singapore sounds far more exciting than stowmarket
Old 23-09-2014

I've still got to purchase a set of sway bars. Most people I talk to have highly recommended them.