Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Xtreme - VEGA

Old 17-05-2010
Mad Member

Default Freedom of speech?

Now I may be wrong ...
but I thought I made a rather large post in this thread: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44984 , explaining some of the problems I encountered (communication or lack of) with Team Xtreme.
It was a direct reaction to a post, made by Mr Rebel (who is, again, if I 'm correct, a family-member of the people of Team Xtreme).

And, again, correct me if I'm wrong, this post (with some other posts) seem to have disappeared. Did someone with admin- or moderator-rights delete posts?

Is this because we tried to express our grieves (in a civil way)?

I hope someone can point me out what really happened because i'm loosing my faith in oOple's objectivity.

Now, I'm not a kid any more and I know that "freedom of speech" does NOT imply one can say everything he thinks. One must always try to stay polite.
But as far as I can tell, there was no un-polite or childish arguments ..

What the h*ll happened? (yeah, I got angry)
Old 17-05-2010

Well my friend as you can see the whole family is fighting against the people who has problems with team extreme.We are all boring and liers.And they have send all the parcels and i have an invisiblie x11 at home that i cant see or touch..And santa clause is really existing.
Old 17-05-2010
Mad Member

strangely enough, some friends have read my post, so I can't have dreamt it.
But where did my post go?

And off course, the correct way to go, if or when editing as a moderator is mentioning the fact that post have been deleted or edited.
Old 17-05-2010

Im not 100% sure but it was here were i read about the US guy who had the same probs as i had.But its gone now.That was more then a year ago.
Old 18-05-2010

I wouldn't take this one personally boys, I was watching that thread with interest and I think of it got deleted after someone wrote an offensive and ill advised piece about all non-British factories using child labour. I don't think it was your complaints that did it.
Old 18-05-2010
Mad Member

May be, Bagman, but then why are our posts deleted, which were not written in that tone?

It would have been understandable if a thread gets locked, OR completely deleted, OR the offensive posts deleted WITH a comment on what happened.
The way things went now shows of a LACK OF RESPECT for people who criticise, but try to do so in a polite way.

In that same view, it is also, IMHO, OFFENSIVE that a post with words as
Quote:
...you went about this the wrong way
dont bother even typing up a reply to this cause i wont be reading it or commenting
Its boring...
were written and still stay in that thread.

I really do not believe that oOple is pre-occupied ... but find it hard to understand what is happening here.
I've been interested with the Pred since the beginning of my RC-carrier ... and I have seen posts with complains about the service reoccurring ever so now and then. This seems not to be something new.

All things considered, besides people losing money (which should not be happening!) it is the loss of confidence and my disappointment that I want to express mostly!.
Old 18-05-2010
oOple Advertiser

Lads - although nothing to do with me it should be noted that the people that can help here are out of the country. Some on holiday and some reporting on the Euros warm up.
On oOples defence though, it must be a very very difficuly decision what they delete or what they keep - after all it's all about opinions.
I think they do a FANTASTIC job lads so please don't knock it
Old 18-05-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Tony, I don't think Ludo is knocking Jimmy, but would of liked some explanation from the moderator, as to why posts that were confirming that Team Extreme do have communication and postage issue's were removed. Normally, when a thread is moderated, the moderator states why. I know the G-Man and Oople san are en-route through the ash cloud.

It is very un-oople like to be heavily moderated.
Old 18-05-2010
oOple Advertiser

I understand, I just think it's very difficult all round to be honest. I do believe Kev Lee is the man that may sort out that kind of problem but I do belive he is away at the mo......
Old 18-05-2010

The issue is with Team Extreme not Insideline Racing, although Kev may have a better chance to get to the bottom of it, it is still an issue between the customer and TE, I think Kev has got to be really careful not to be dragged down by TE issue's./
Old 18-05-2010
oOple Advertiser

yep - you're right there....just a difficult situation - I am sure there must be a reason for the post to go but I do understand it would be nice for the explaination
Old 18-05-2010

Indeed it would, I know companies don't like things aired in public, but if someone feels that they are getting nowhere, this is there only way of forcing the issue.
Old 18-05-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
The issue is with Team Extreme not Insideline Racing, although Kev may have a better chance to get to the bottom of it, it is still an issue between the customer and TE, I think Kev has got to be really careful not to be dragged down by TE issue's./

There lies your answer!!!!

It is an issue between customer and Team Xtreme, so looking at it from oOple's point of view why would they want there forums full of bad press. After all oOple may need the support from these companies.

I fully agree with freedom of speech etc but look around the forums and most of it is filled with trash about companies etc.. if i was one of those companies i wouldn't want to support something that has bad press about my products etc. would you ???

Everyone has issues, so i am not defending anyone just looking at it from the sides mentioned above. oOple in my eyes has opened up RC to a big audience, and sadly they don't get the rewards they should!!
Old 18-05-2010

If it was a one off incident, I would agree, but from what I read, no end of emails and phone calls resolved the issue's that they were having, so went public. And unfortunately, this is the place most likely people go for, for advice etc....

As soon as the issue was raised, TE could of acted upon it to resolve the issue's and show a positive attitude towards it. Yes, if they had replied, they would more than likely taken a bit of abuse, but then they are not averse to using this medium also, to promote their product.

Personally, if it has gone so far that you feel that it is your only alternative, then TE have failed in their Customer Support Role, as I am sure you can agree, some of the issue's raised were not minor and petty.
Old 18-05-2010

Hello;

I will not comment TE behavior here.

What you have to know is that my both topics have been locked regarding insulting or inappropriate answers and i received an Mp from moderator when he has closed the first one.
This Mp was really correct and fair, and even if this lock was minimizing my chance to solve the issue, i most partialy agree the reasons it has been locked.
He explained reasons of lock and invite me to give updates if i feel it necessary. That is why i considered opportune to open a second thread a few weeks later.

Regarding my experience with Moderatoir, i would consider oOple to be fair and respectuous. I do not explain why you have been cut without a single explaination.
May be the bad guy you where argue with, complained first about your post to moderator team ?

My feeling is that those unfair people post insulting and inapropriate answers only with objective to make the thread to be lock.
Those people usualy do not understand the original meaning of thread, not because of low minds capacities, but because truth does not meet their expectations.

I still consider that trying to federate unfortunate customers is a major internet community objective and is fully compliant with usual forum policies.

Regards,
Old 18-05-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowie View Post
Is this because we tried to express our grieves (in a civil way)?
Was is an actual problem in which you shared no blame in, or was it an issue of "manufacturer bashing" which my understanding is no forum allows or tolerates?
Old 16-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post
Was is an actual problem in which you shared no blame in, or was it an issue of "manufacturer bashing" which my understanding is no forum allows or tolerates?
well, it was a thread in which was tried in the most civil way!! to express our worries about the TE-support.
The only rather "impolite words" came from a person, nicknamed Rebel.
And AFAWK, Rebel is family of the TE-business.

So the answer is: no, it was no Manufacturer bashing. Even the original poster of this thread made it clear from the start that this was in NO WAY the meaning of the thread, but in the contrary: to obtain some answers o, questions that some (former) Pred-drivers are allready waiting for a LOOONG time.

The problem now becomes: in what bl**dy way can we get our information from??
mails are unanswered, FB-messages ignored, ..
I could indeed phone thiese people but as I am not english I rather don't get involved in a discussion in a language i'm not very good at.
I thus prefer to communicate in a controlled way, through writing, ....
writing which i can re-write or correct if needed when I notice it does not really good express waht I want.

A forum is above all a way of communicating. We were using this forum in an attempt to communicate.
We know the TE-people visit this forum. As DCL pointed out (thx TMC ) , TE uses this forum themselves to communicate to driver or to promote their material.
And communication, respect, ... should go in both directions I think.

As for the forum, oOple, Jimmy, ... I'm sure we all respect the gigantic work they do. There was never said a bad word about them, .. just some questions on what the h*ll happened here.