Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 24-01-2010

Default Tie rod woes

Can someone tell me which way round the tie rods should be to stop them slackening/tightening with the suspension movement.

I realise the notch is at one side to help identify if its on right but i want to check before i go crazy.

Which side should the notches be when looking at the rear suspension from the rear?

Which side should the notches be when looking at the front of the car head on?

And finally, when looking at the steering rods from above with the rear end towards me, which side should the notches be?

Thanks in advance!
Old 25-01-2010

I have all of the notches on the left side, which makes it so no matter what way you look at it, if you rotate your wrench from above and towards the front it will add positive adustment and from above and towards the rear to add negative adjustment.

Easy to remember: forward positive, backwards negative.
Old 25-01-2010

Sorry, didn't understand your message completely.

Try not to think about what way you look at the car. When you sit in a car and are looking forward the side of the car that is to your left is the left. So the side that the motor is on would be your left.

You guys drive on the right side of the car, us yanks drive on the left
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

Like blackstring said, it shouldn't matter which way round they are, just pick one, and have all of them the same, so it's easier to make changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstring View Post
You guys drive on the right side of the car, us yanks drive on the left
That's almost correct, it should read, "you guys drive on the right side of the car, us yanks drive on the wrong side"
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

You should not be experiencing tightening or slackening during suspension movement. What is more likely is the when you have a hard knock the ball cups are jumping a couple of threads. I have had this on my camber links so have used Schumacher ball studs and Losi HD ball cups and I no longer have an issue. Someone said recently that the tolerance on the early ball cups were out which is why the were moving but I have yet to have that confirmed. Perhaps Adam might confirm that this is the case.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 25-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmiSMB View Post
You should not be experiencing tightening or slackening during suspension movement. What is more likely is the when you have a hard knock the ball cups are jumping a couple of threads. I have had this on my camber links so have used Schumacher ball studs and Losi HD ball cups and I no longer have an issue. Someone said recently that the tolerance on the early ball cups were out which is why the were moving but I have yet to have that confirmed. Perhaps Adam might confirm that this is the case.
That makes more sense as I've never had bother with other cars. I'll try the Losi ends. Are they longer than the JConcepts ones? I tried them but they pulled out when I used the camber link in it's longest setting.

Thanks guys.
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

The Losi cups are similar in shape to the Durango ball cups. To use JConcepts you would have to use longer turn buckles like they use on the CAT SX. The Losi part number you require is LOSA6016.
Schumacher KC, KD, CAT XLS, CAT L1 | Team C TM2 V2, TM4, TC02 | JQ The Car | Mugen MBX6 | Losi 8T,8BE 1.5 | Durango DEX-410V4 | FTX Blaze | XRAY M18T | Kyosho STR,Surf Dude,Nexus 30 | Nimrif Makara | MFA Spear | She Devil | T-Rex 450SEV2,250SE | Ark X-400 | Protech Butterfly,Zoom 400 | Ikarus Piccolo | VW T4 | Smart 450 | KC-250 | BoltRC Kraken 5" | Emax Nighthawk 250 | Gravity 250 | S550 | Prusa i3 | TronXY X5A | Must stop collecting stuff!
Old 25-01-2010
Super Moderator

The TD ball cups are now fixed, the new ones have a smaller diameter hole for the turnbuckle to thread into

G
Old 25-01-2010

Default Better

Yep they take a bit of wrenching to get on !!!

They aint gonna stripp now .

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 25-01-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northy View Post
The TD ball cups are now fixed, the new ones have a smaller diameter hole for the turnbuckle to thread into

G
Good to have this confirmed I will have to get me some of these.
Old 25-01-2010

That's good they've addressed the problem quickly. I'll order some direct and try them before the Losi ones.

Thanks again chaps
Old 28-01-2010

My son had this happen at the petit where after a hard knock the turn buckle stripped (loosing him two runs) and we swapped to the losi super duty ones and no more issues but the look is spoiled so can the team (Adam) confirm if ordered direct the new ones will be sent and not more of the soft origional ones please?

Paul.

East Anglian ramp construction guru......Wiggles
Old 28-01-2010
Super Moderator

I was told by Adam a couple of weeks ago that all stock at TD had been swapped out for the new ones, and I know of at least one person that got a kit 2 weeks ago with the new parts in

G
Old 28-01-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

mb models in leeds have the new ones in stock search rccarshop