Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 03-11-2009

Default 1/10th buggies in scotland

I thought it might be a good idea to post up and see if anyone from the central scotland area is looking for places to race. I see a few folk on the forum are from the area.

There's a bunch of us that race at a school in East Kilbride on a wednesday night. Its low key and relaxed with a reasonable floor in terms of grip with some jumps, bumps and carpet etc.

We also go to Falkirk clubs venue in Grangemouth when its on. Its a sunday afternoon and the tracks are great to drive with a bit of everything. Its also nice and chilled.

Next summer we'll hopefully also have an outdoor venue at CSOR although nothing is set in stone yet as some adjustments are to be made on the jumps to make them more friendly to 1/10th scale buggies. It looks promising though as its astro and the jumps will be bigger than average as its primarily an 1/8th nitro track.

Get in touch if you are interested in any of the above. The more the merrier
Old 04-11-2009

i occasionally do falkirk (on hold at the mo due to new babies)
also tried csor before you joined but my tactics for getting 10ths to race wasnt much appreciated i would race there again sometime if there was a proper 10th meeting on though as i dont go much for the smellies
Diementia would like to invite you to vote for us on Total Biker FM here : http://lnk.ms/TPsV9 and share this link. Please also share this link.Thankyou for your support \m/ www.reverbnation.com/diementia
Old 04-11-2009

There's new commitee members at CSOR now and the club is leccy friendly.

Plans are afoot to arrange races for next year during the summer. I suspect it'll be saturday (?) races to avoid conflicting with nitro meetings and practise. The track is getting a nip/tuck over winter to improve what is already a great astro track. It'll be more friendly to 1/10th buggies as a lot of the doubles will be tabletops.

East Kilbride is shaping up nicely and hopefully we'll get a 6-10 timing on wednesday nights in the near future. There seems to be more track building gear massing so we'll need the extra hour!

Give us a shout once you're not so busy and come along to EK if you fancy it
Old 05-11-2009

Thumbs up

See you Sunday Mark at Grangemouth
Old 05-11-2009

Groovy

Looks like a good turn out for sunday
Old 05-11-2009

Should be a goodone on sunday, looks like almost all of EK should be up at Grangemouth.
Old 23-11-2009

There will be a Buggy and Touring car meeting held at the Ayr club on Sunday the 29th Nov. Its an all day affair and promises a good turn-out with members from other clubs attending

We'll have some jumps set up for the buggy heats in the large hall at Whitletts Sports centre just off Whitletts Road. So if you're from the area why not pop in for a race or have a look if you're thinking of getting into the hobby. If you have a TC and a buggy get stuck in