Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 27-07-2010

Default slight slipper clutch issues

Hi guys, ran my new x6 squared on sunday at a regional and was very pleased with the way the car performed after a few small set-up changes. Qualified 7th in the A which I was happy with for a new car and only my 4th race back since stopping for over 10 years

My problem is with the very inconsistant slipper clutch - have any of you guys changed parts on the clutch as others run bits from losi clutches, resulting in many hybrid units. The problem I was having and other people have had before was this - I set it up to slip just right and then did a couple of laps before the start of the race and lined up on the start line. At this point I think it all stuck together a bit and getting off the line even with the smoothest throttle resulted in the front wheels heading skywards - it would then race fine and still be slipping as set by the end of the race.

It did this so many times with various degrees of tightness that when starting the A final I did no practice laps and put it straight on the grid - this resulted in a safe start but slipped excessivly which is not how it was set in the race before. It just seems so inconsistant to me to the point that I'm going to try and fit the single pad unit from my B3 that I have been using up until now - this was always so much more predictable and a set and forget unit.

Just wondering if anyone else had issues from the new full kit edition X6 and what you did to rectify.

Cheers.

John.
Old 27-07-2010
#1 ZX5 fan

To be fair the amount of power and especially torque of brushless is totally different to what you would have had when racing a B3. However a search in this section will show I'm a big fan of the Losi spring which I think gives a wider range of adjustment.

Lastly there's a bit of voodoo about which AE pads to use, the pic I saw of the B4.1 looked like it had orange pads similair to the old ones. Or Tamiya ones fit which I ran in my X5 modded slipper slutch and was happy with.

Either way if it's been that hot the pads will need a rub down to de-glaze as once they've been cooked they won't be 'right' again.

Nortech is ACE!
Old 27-07-2010

The B3 was fitted with all new brushless gear and the same equipment has just been swapped into the x6. I'll try and get a losi spring and a couple of different pad types and try that. Thanks.
Old 30-07-2010
Mad Member

what are the losi parts needed to make this mod?

thanks
Old 30-07-2010

Send a message via AIM to Paul_Sinclair

LOSA 3124 should have all the parts you need. It's the springs, spring cups, and spacers for the Hydra Drive unit, and it's what I used when I ran Losi slipper parts.

As a small note, the new B4.1 has completely new slipper parts: pads, plates, spring, and even plastic spacer pieces for the spring like Losi uses. BK's working to get the new parts and test them out, see what we think of them.