Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 30-08-2010

Default Dialing out grip roll.

Hi guys

I'm sure I've seen a list of set-up changes somewhere on this forum for dialing out grip roll but I can't find it. Had the X6 set-up on Assosiated dampers and it was nice and safe. Yesterday fitted some losi shocks and it handles bumps and jumps so much better but just wants to flop over when it see's a corner. (even with saddle layout, and low strength roll bar)
The car is set up using Elis's Southport set-up, and i'd like to keep the shocks set-up the way they are as they run very smooth over bumps (they are set-up using limiters to keep shock lengths the same as associated ones so it's not that.) Qualified on pole thanks to a damp start but the car became undrivable as the track dried and cost me the win in the final. Inside and outside rows cut off front tyres and stagger ribs grip rolled even worse. Reduced steering on the transmitter but that slowed it down on slippier parts of the track. Any help would be much apprieciated. There's no doubt the car was fast using Ellis set-up but I'd just like to make it feel a little less on the edge.

Cheers.
Old 30-08-2010
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Alot of people struggled with grip roll in the final, ( i know its a different car! ) I decided to change to a stiffer front spring for the final as I saw the grip coming through in the later heats, had an absolute blinder in the final after breaking 3 servo horns on the cougar through the day, from 10th to 1st

Best thing I know for grip roll is to stiffen it up, cut down spikes as you have, reduce ride height.
I'm sure people will give you alot more advice more specific to the x-6!
Old 30-08-2010

Hi Paul. I was running the stiffest front springs available - Losi Blacks with pinks on the rear. It really was strange - maybe the track layout with the fairly tight turn at the end of the straight didn't help the situation.
Old 30-08-2010

Also well done on your win - I was leading for a few laps and someone (probably you) was slowly catching me, so I pushed a little and had a cracking roll at the end of the straight. I was having to hold back all afternoon just unable to push the car the way I like. It was tip toe everywhere.
Old 30-08-2010
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

.wysiwyg { BACKGROUND: #d6d9cc; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; COLOR: #333333 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle } Thank you

Maybe the black springs were abit too much, you can over stiffen the car and not alow movement in the shocks to the point where there is too much grip being generated by the tyres.

Maybe have a word with Tim? His car looked great when I was watching it, looked very chuckable!
Old 09-09-2010

losi green springs front with assoicated no 2 pistons and try losi yellow or pink in the rear with the shock on the outside hole on the arm no 3 hole on tower.. assoicated no 2 pistons in the rear as well 30w ,ive been running assoicated pistons in my losi shocks and i find them to work better ....
if you wont more rear grip goto no1 pistons in the rear
works for me!
Old 09-09-2010
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to markwilliamson2001

Quite often grip roll is actually caused at the rear of the car... Maybe try a thin rear roll bar next time?

Just an idea
Old 13-09-2010

Cheers guys. Went 5wt thicker on the rear shock oil and stiffened the rear spring to losi red and that sorted it beauitfully
Old 13-09-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Kirkman View Post
Cheers guys. Went 5wt thicker on the rear shock oil and stiffened the rear spring to losi red and that sorted it beauitfully
Always ran losi reds on the back of mine at southport went well but not as good as a cougar!

4Degree rear block and no rear carbon anti squat block if you have a squared

Also try going 2nd from outside on rear tower and middle on rear wishbones...you will be surprised!