Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 12-06-2010

Default Indoor Tyres?

So does anyone have any tips of what tyre to run at the Indoor winter test venue?

Im currently running my DB01 with bald stock tamiya tyers. It's not too bad once they get warm but you have to spin them up a lot on the first few laps.

After a few runs i was not to bad but was on 16 laps rather than the 17 and 18 the A final guys where doing and i feel this was down to not being able to get round the twisty section without drifting around it

Im going to purchase some Shue Greens/yellows for Goshen when i get round to it but not sure what to do about the tennis court, maybe we shouln't run spikes maybe more of a Clay type of tyre, i don't know?

something more like this maybe?

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car...0-Buggy__b1d9/

I realy like the venue though we just need to get the track more stable as its difficult to see where you going when marshals are having to fix up the track all the time.

vv
Old 13-06-2010

How about yellow minipins but those hot bodies tyres look quite good.

In progress: Team Durango DEX410 V1-V4 hybrid ~ DESC410V2 ~ DEX210
Old 13-06-2010

Dont go for greens, they seem to wear out just as fast as yellow but wont grip as well.
Old 13-06-2010

Any comments about running this different type of tyre instead of the spikes or mini pins?
Old 13-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I thought mine was better on really worn yellows than anything else, the more worn the better. Fresh minipins and spikes didn't seem to go as well as really scrubbed ones.
However I was especially impressed with the grip that my pan car generated, with no real weight and no shell for downforce it hooked up really nicely. Which means foams are the ultimate answer.....

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 13-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
I thought mine was better on really worn yellows than anything else, the more worn the better. Fresh minipins and spikes didn't seem to go as well as really scrubbed ones.
However I was especially impressed with the grip that my pan car generated, with no real weight and no shell for downforce it hooked up really nicely. Which means foams are the ultimate answer.....
As i race touring cars and F1, foams give awesome grip on this kind of surface but will wear un-even quickly if soft if you need camber and tyer roll such as the soft damper set up of a buggy and if too hard requires adative. This is why i'm suggesting the above tyre type as a grippy hard-wearing tyre that is used on compacted clay circuits, i have been reading up on them and searching other forums. I think i might just take the gamble and go for something along these lines. I'm still looking into it so will let you know and probably use them the next time we meet.
Old 13-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceVegaUK View Post
As i race touring cars and F1, foams give awesome grip on this kind of surface but will wear un-even quickly if soft if you need camber and tyer roll such as the soft damper set up of a buggy and if too hard requires adative. This is why i'm suggesting the above tyre type as a grippy hard-wearing tyre that is used on compacted clay circuits, i have been reading up on them and searching other forums. I think i might just take the gamble and go for something along these lines. I'm still looking into it so will let you know and probably use them the next time we meet.
vince sent you pm then read all this lol im thinking those m2 compound dirt hawgs minght be the answer they are very soft compound and long lasting because of the tread???? http://www.jespares.com/electric-mod...tegory_id=1180
Old 13-06-2010

Yea those road hog road types or the HB clay type i think may perform better.
Old 14-06-2010
Gypsy Member

Default dirt hogs suck

as title

ribble vally rcc used to enforce these as controll tyres. they suck big time. think they have gone back to any thing gos now i think. at the new venue.dirt hogs are big heavy weird set up tyres. awful. vince, reckon them your looking at in picture are cool better than dirt hogs. .

matt you wont be happy when i driffffffffft past you cos your now slow as sin wi ya tyres of buds waggon.
Old 14-06-2010

Send a message via MSN to T4miy4 Guy Send a message via Skype™ to T4miy4 Guy

I have got hold of some dirt hawgs so will be running those at the next meet too see how good or bad they are.

I think it would be good if afew of us could get some different tyres to try

Andy
Old 14-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
as title

ribble vally rcc used to enforce these as controll tyres. they suck big time. think they have gone back to any thing gos now i think. at the new venue.dirt hogs are big heavy weird set up tyres. awful. vince, reckon them your looking at in picture are cool better than dirt hogs. .

matt you wont be happy when i driffffffffft past you cos your now slow as sin wi ya tyres of buds waggon.
johnny ill just tun up with no tyres and run on plastic wheels and ill still smoke your bmax
Old 14-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
as title

Well i might order the HB's / HPI equivelent style tire and see how they go, the hpi ones are more round with a grippy ridge in the middle. i do think we can get somthing working better then shu yellows for this type of surface.
Old 14-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Well i might order the HB's / HPI equivelent style tire and see how they go, the hpi ones are more round with a grippy ridge in the middle. i do think we can get somthing working better then shu yellows for this type of surface.
i think those hb tyres will wear just as fast as the shuey ones tbo
Old 14-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb View Post
i think those hb tyres will wear just as fast as the shuey ones tbo
I suspect you maybe right Matt but think its a case of rulng tyres out first, no point speculating

@Johnny... did you use your truck mate as i can`t remember ?if so how did it get on tyre wise?

Andy
Old 14-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4miy4 Guy View Post
I suspect you maybe right Matt but think its a case of rulng tyres out first, no point speculating

@Johnny... did you use your truck mate as i can`t remember ?if so how did it get on tyre wise?

Andy
I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE WHOLE IDEA OF THIS THREAD STARTED BY VINCE TO DISCUSS AND SPECULATE?
Old 14-06-2010

Quote:
I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE WHOLE IDEA OF THIS THREAD STARTED BY VINCE TO DISCUSS AND SPECULATE?
Ouch... i`ve been capslocked

I wasn`t trying to offend you Matt....

I think it would be best to try them on the track/surface?

Andy
Old 14-06-2010

Quote:
If you look on the schuy website under 2.2 on road tyres there is a few rally car style treads etc
They fit the buggy rims but with a low profile and they all come in our favourite yellow option gotta last longer than spikes surely !!!!!!!
Old 14-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Ouch... i`ve been capslocked

I wasn`t trying to offend you Matt....

I think it would be best to try them on the track/surface?

Andy
i wasent offended andy i dident realise caplocks meant any thing i was just saying what i thought ps what does small text mean????
Old 14-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
i wasent offended andy i dident realise caplocks meant any thing i was just saying what i thought ps what does small text mean????
It means you have a really small penis.

Or so Shanks tells me........

I looked at those Schumacher on road tyres but they are all in green, no yellow.
Personally I'm deffo looking into foams. I've tried dirt style soft prolines (not sure the exact model - blocks of some sort) there and they didn't work.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 14-06-2010
Gypsy Member

Default grip

Quote:

Andy
i did use truck . its tyres dont really wear much but they are losi strike tyres. softer and grippier than the hobao one. less drift. better all round really

i did use the 8th for a couple of rounds and it has tyres a bit like vince is suggesting but small blocks not pins with a centre ridge of blocks. they seemed good plenty of traction but no grip roll. apparently the centre ridge is meant to "give more forward bite and reduce excessive wear caused by wheelspin"

and the kit bax tyres mini pin style are super soft mini pin style . reckon they will be mint. might try em. but they will wear quick i reckon.