Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 02-08-2010

Default Go

Stupid crout should've been kicked out when he rammed Hill years ago.

If he did that to my X6 on a model car track I would probably have pushed him off the rostrum and then teabagged his stupid face.

In his defence though he was funny as fook on top gear.
________
MAZDA
Old 02-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Now he says he,s sorry

Michael Schumacher has said he is "sorry" if Rubens Barrichello felt he had been put in danger by his blocking manoeuvre at the Hungarian Grand Prix. The Mercedes driver will be penalised 10 grid places at the next grand prix after he pushed his former team-mate within centimetres of a concrete wall.
Schumacher wrote on his website: "The manoeuvre against him was too hard.
"I didn't want to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he had this feeling I am sorry, this was not my intention."
Full story http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8878400.stm
The pineapple has got him scared
Old 02-08-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
What you need to ask yourselfs who is the most successful F1 driver of all time????
How to be successful...

Rat on the first contract you have and shift to a bigger team.
Win first WC, then make sure you have an inferior team mate.
Welsh on that contract to go to team with unlimited budget.
Pinch all the good guys from your last team without paying any compensation.
Make sure you have a series of inferior team mates all with contracts to say your are No1.
Drive dangerously, whine and moan, get disqualified from the Championship.
Fail to help your team mate win the first WC for Ferrari since 1979.
And so on...

If that's what it takes to be successful, then let's have more failure. The guy folds regularly under pressure, and has an excuse for everything. Frankly, I'd rather have more 'failures' called Webber, Mansell, Piquet and Berger than one single Schumacher 'success'. And, judging from this thread and scores of others on the subject, I am not alone! But that's just MY opinion...

The truth seems to be that the guy has lost the art of making his tyres work, and can't seem to read them in the way the other guys can. Watch him in the car, he is constantly reacting to the car, not anticipating it and driving it. Whilst it has to be said that Webber's car was painted onto the track, in-car from Rosburg appeared that the guy was driving the car, whereas Schui was having the car drive him. I don't think it matters any more, the guy seems to have lost it.
Old 02-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopers View Post
the FIA should shove a hot poker up Schumi’s ass ‘till he stops enjoying it.
And what did the poor Poker do wrong?

To defend Schumachers actions is completely moronic. He had time to consider his choices, he chose late and very danderously. RB was committed making a ledgit' overtaking manouver when he was put into danger and the outcome was not in his hands, he was only able to limit the dissaster and he did a good job.
Old 02-08-2010

When all the heroes where dead or stopped racing, Schumi dominated. Along came a guy named Alonso, who although being a real whiner, showed godlike talents behind the wheel and beat Schumi.

Schumi has always been called a rainmaster, but Senna lapped both Schumi and Prost at Donington and Interlagos in '93, and I remember Alonso doing a fantastic outside pass on Schumi on rain...

The guy is a good racingdriver. Just like any other good racing driver. We all get this wrong, even though a driver talent is important, that's only a slight bit. Jenson Button was a decent driver. Along came Ross Brawn. Catch my drift? He's never gotten to show anyone that he rarely puts a foot wrong, that he's extremely smooth and tyre saving, plainly because he has been at the back of the field with a terrible car. Going to Mclaren he showed it's not just the car, he is a safe tactical expert at keeping out of trouble and getting points.

All other stuff is even more important. If you want pure driving talent, start following Jan Magnussen.

Webber is one of the best drivers today. My brother owned him at the tests before the '96 Formula Ford Zetec season, and Dane Kristian Kolby won the championship that year. Yet no one remembers Kristian or my brother Fredrik.
Off course, late blooming happens, but also money, the right people, the right image, hard work and a good pr man is what you need.

Regarding Schumi, he's had all this, and driving talent. Nothing supernatural, and sometimes mixed with dirty tactics, but good.

I have never really liked Rubens, but the more I see of him now, the more I like him. How's this for a great racing quote?

"I had to work pretty hard for the point in a fight that wasn’t fair or clean, but I will let others be the judge of that. All I am clear about is that I am a racer and in such situations, I never back off.”

Spektrum DX4R Pro - TLR 22 2.0 & TLR 22-4 - Absima

Team Smallsize
Old 02-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

When Schumi arrived back in '91 in the jordan I thought he was pretty good, a breath of fresh air amongst the 'oldies' that were around back then. Putting the 7up Jordan (which was an awesome car, they just had crap drivers) 6th on the grid while he deputised for Bertrand Gachot who was serving time for macing a police officer I think. Schumi only managed about 600yards before he burned the clutch out.
BUT it looked like we had a rising star in the Jordan....only for him to bugger off to benetton the very next race!?

He won his first race at spa a year later, but he still looked pretty good. Then he started getting the arse on when ever he got beat by his team mate. I remember when they draughted Johnny Herbert in at benetton. They obviously thought he'd be no where as fast as Schuey. Then Testing (yes they tested back then) showed that Herbert was quicker than Schuey....thats when Schuey had it put into his contract that his team mate couldn't see his data. Then Herbert actually beat him in a race and won a race...Then he started with the 'I want all the new parts on my car' cry. At this point I went right off Mr Schumacher.

Then obviously he moved to Ferrari and would only have a deffinate No1 status and that his team mates couldn't have a car better than his.

its all a load of rubbish. If he WAS a champion driver he would take his team mates on with the same equipment and information and not spit his dummy out when he gets beat.
It says to me that he had a lack of confidence in his own ability to win, for him to have so many conditions in his contracts to slow his team mates down or stop them from beating him.

I don't think he will get the same treatment if Mercedes have anything to do with the contracts. If it was just Ross Brawn then yes he would, but I think Merc' will have a say in his deals as Rosberg has a dad who i'm sure is very forceful when it comes to contract time.

ross brawn was the Driving force behind Schueys glory years and I would say that he was 90% responsible for Schueys success.
Old 02-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
When Schumi arrived back in '91 in the jordan I thought he was pretty good, a breath of fresh air amongst the 'oldies' that were around back then. Putting the 7up Jordan (which was an awesome car, they just had crap drivers) 6th on the grid while he deputised for Bertrand Gachot who was serving time for macing a police officer I think. Schumi only managed about 600yards before he burned the clutch out.
BUT it looked like we had a rising star in the Jordan....only for him to bugger off to benetton the very next race!?

He won his first race at spa a year later, but he still looked pretty good. Then he started getting the arse on when ever he got beat by his team mate. I remember when they draughted Johnny Herbert in at benetton. They obviously thought he'd be no where as fast as Schuey. Then Testing (yes they tested back then) showed that Herbert was quicker than Schuey....thats when Schuey had it put into his contract that his team mate couldn't see his data. Then Herbert actually beat him in a race and won a race...Then he started with the 'I want all the new parts on my car' cry. At this point I went right off Mr Schumacher.

Then obviously he moved to Ferrari and would only have a deffinate No1 status and that his team mates couldn't have a car better than his.

its all a load of rubbish. If he WAS a champion driver he would take his team mates on with the same equipment and information and not spit his dummy out when he gets beat.
It says to me that he had a lack of confidence in his own ability to win, for him to have so many conditions in his contracts to slow his team mates down or stop them from beating him.

I don't think he will get the same treatment if Mercedes have anything to do with the contracts. If it was just Ross Brawn then yes he would, but I think Merc' will have a say in his deals as Rosberg has a dad who i'm sure is very forceful when it comes to contract time.

ross brawn was the Driving force behind Schueys glory years and I would say that he was 90% responsible for Schueys success.

I think Schuey deserves more than 10% of his success giving the fact that he was the one who drove the car round the track.

And i can't see Ferrari giving him a better car so he can beat his team mate who drives for Ferrari More like he got the upgrades first as he was the no1 driver.

Is his contract for Ferrari in the public domain??
Old 02-08-2010

^^^^^

Last edited by big air; 02-08-2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: wrong button
Old 02-08-2010

Does anyone remember when Shcumacher deliberately ran his car into Jacques villeneuve when he couldn't beat him....the moron is dangerous.
Old 03-08-2010

It's difficult to judge who is the best driver when the cars are so varied.
Right now the Red Bull's are so superior on the high downforce tracks that I reckon any of them could win with it. IMO it's flattering Webber and Vettel's driving skills.
For my money Hamilton's the man.

As for Shuey, go back to your pipe and slippers before it gets embarrasing.

PS. I think you'll find the late, great, Ayrton Senna did his fair share of ramming!
Old 03-08-2010

I've just seen on the ITV F1 site that had there been more laps remaining of the race after seeing the video evidence, the stewards would have black flagged Schumacher.
Old 03-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Does NOBODY equally remember what a shambles Ferrari were when MS joined them??? That first year alone he managed to get some seriously impressive results including a couple of wins with an absolute DOG of a car - He and Ross Brawn completely changed the mental attitude at Ferrari - It was a team where if the car went out due to a failure, the first thing they would do was find who was at fault and fire them there and then..... This was changed significantly when Michael arrived, they went to a we Win together, we lose together team and it didn't take long to start winning.

People bitch and moan about Ferrari using an unlimited budget, but how "limited" do you really thing the likes of Mclaren & Williams were at the time? They were all throwing obscene amounts at the sport and that's never changed.

You also forget that the Williams car in 1994-1997 was by far the best car of the lot but Michael still managed to beat them and if not at least take the title to the wire most seasons with (particularly the Ferrari) a far from superior car.

I don't think anyone has the right to say he was only 10% responsible for his own success, no matter how good the car was he would still have to drive it - That's no different to saying any World Champion was only 10% of the package, you could even say that in R/C but this is just never the case. Fair enough you have to have a good car to win, but Top drivers ALWAYS shine through and win in the end and i will never ever not believe Michael is simply one of the best F1 drivers of all time.

I can't believe how much hatred people have for him, i know he's done a fair few controversial things in his career but anyone who loves the sport should be able to appreciate anyone with as much talent as he's got, even if you don't like him as a person.

Some stats that are impossible to argue with:

Consecutive Seasons with a win: 1992-2006 - How can anyone say that is all because he had a better car then everyone else? He won at least one race EVERY season from 1992-2006?? That's incredible!

Championship Titles: 7 - No way on earth could this ALL be down to 10% of his input, it's just not possible.

Race Wins: 91 - 91!!!!!!!

Wins at same GP: 8 in France - He won the French Grand Prix 8 TIMES, how can anyone argue this stuff.... it's embarrassing lol.
Old 03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Goodall View Post
Does NOBODY equally remember what a shambles Ferrari were when MS joined them??? That first year alone he managed to get some seriously impressive results including a couple of wins with an absolute DOG of a car - He and Ross Brawn completely changed the mental attitude at Ferrari - It was a team where if the car went out due to a failure, the first thing they would do was find who was at fault and fire them there and then..... This was changed significantly when Michael arrived, they went to a we Win together, we lose together team and it didn't take long to start winning.

People bitch and moan about Ferrari using an unlimited budget, but how "limited" do you really thing the likes of Mclaren & Williams were at the time? They were all throwing obscene amounts at the sport and that's never changed.

You also forget that the Williams car in 1994-1997 was by far the best car of the lot but Michael still managed to beat them and if not at least take the title to the wire most seasons with (particularly the Ferrari) a far from superior car.

I don't think anyone has the right to say he was only 10% responsible for his own success, no matter how good the car was he would still have to drive it - That's no different to saying any World Champion was only 10% of the package, you could even say that in R/C but this is just never the case. Fair enough you have to have a good car to win, but Top drivers ALWAYS shine through and win in the end and i will never ever not believe Michael is simply one of the best F1 drivers of all time.

I can't believe how much hatred people have for him, i know he's done a fair few controversial things in his career but anyone who loves the sport should be able to appreciate anyone with as much talent as he's got, even if you don't like him as a person.

Some stats that are impossible to argue with:

Consecutive Seasons with a win: 1992-2006 - How can anyone say that is all because he had a better car then everyone else? He won at least one race EVERY season from 1992-2006?? That's incredible!

Championship Titles: 7 - No way on earth could this ALL be down to 10% of his input, it's just not possible.

Race Wins: 91 - 91!!!!!!!

Wins at same GP: 8 in France - He won the French Grand Prix 8 TIMES, how can anyone argue this stuff.... it's embarrassing lol.
Well Said
Old 03-08-2010
oOple Advertiser

I want to snap Vettels pointing finger off and stuff it in Schumachers ???

Come on Jenson/Lewis show them the way......

Sorry lads - can't stand either of them............
Old 03-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
I want to snap Vettels pointing finger off and stuff it in Schumachers ???

Come on Jenson/Lewis show them the way......

Sorry lads - can't stand either of them............
I do agree with you about Vettel and his ultra annoying "Number 1" style pointing he does, i cringe everytime i see that from him, especially as he so rarely wins from pole too haha.
Old 03-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

You can't just have a good driver and nothing else right, for you to be as dominant as he was. Yes Schumacher was a good driver, great statesgist and a master at manipulating a team around him, whether people liked it or not!! But I think Ross Brawn has been the driving force behind his success. Since leaving Ferrari, it has taken them a couple of years to regroup, and now got Alonso doing the same thing.

In the end, Schumacher was a great driver, I am no way a fan, he made F1 boring for to many years, but that is ALL in the past now, and you have to judge his performance on the hear and now, and personally, I think he is past it, there have been passes on him which he never seen coming and were so obvious, then we have what he did to Rubens. And I don't like it, but agree with Eddie Jordan, all he is doing now, is wrecking his reputation!
Old 03-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
You can't just have a good driver and nothing else right, for you to be as dominant as he was. Yes Schumacher was a good driver, great statesgist and a master at manipulating a team around him, whether people liked it or not!! But I think Ross Brawn has been the driving force behind his success. Since leaving Ferrari, it has taken them a couple of years to regroup, and now got Alonso doing the same thing.

In the end, Schumacher was a great driver, I am no way a fan, he made F1 boring for to many years, but that is ALL in the past now, and you have to judge his performance on the hear and now, and personally, I think he is past it, there have been passes on him which he never seen coming and were so obvious, then we have what he did to Rubens. And I don't like it, but agree with Eddie Jordan, all he is doing now, is wrecking his reputation!
I don't see that he's been that far off Rosberg though, some of the races he's been quicker so it's hard to judge him when the car is so clearly way off the pace.....

I think Lewis has been quicker then Jenson by more of a margin then Rosberg over MS but nobody seems to be saying Jenson is past it??

I think we'll have to give him 2011 and see if RB has managed to create another decent car or not, if the car's quick and MS is still off the pace i'll hold my hands up but i still believe in the right car he would be right up there mixing it up.
Old 03-08-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I think people were expecting it to be even or even Schumi showing the young upstart the way to go, but been far from it, Rosberg has made the best of an average car.
Old 03-08-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I just went through the times on F1.com and found this info thinking it might be interesting to see how slow Schumacher's been compared to Rosberg, and the differences between Lewis & Jenson

Bahrain:
Q3 Rosberg 1:55.241
Q3 Schumacher 1:55.524 (+0.283)

Q3 Hamilton 1:55.217
Q3 Button 1:55.672 (+0.455)

Australia:
Q3 Rosberg 1:24.884
Q3 Schumacher 1:24.927 (+0.043)

Q2 Hamilton 1:25.184 (+0.653) (Didn't make it to Q3)
Q2 Button 1:24.531

Malaysia
Q3 Rosberg 1:50.673
Q3 Schumacher 1:51.717 (+1.044)

Q1 Hamilton 1:53.050 (+0.839) - Neither made it out of Q1
Q1 Button 1:52.211

China
Q3 Rosberg 1:34.923
Q3 Schumacher 1:35.646 (+0.723)

Q3 Hamilton 1:35.034 (+0.055)
Q3 Button 1:34.979

Spain
Q3 Rosberg 1:21.408 (+0.114)
Q3 Schumacher 1:21.294

Q3 Hamilton 1:20.829
Q3 Button 1:20.991 (+0.162)

Monaco
Q3 Rosberg 1:14.544
Q3 Schumacher 1:14.590 (+0.046)

Q3 Hamilton 1:14.432
Q3 Button 1:14.637 (+0.205)

Turkey
Q3 Rosberg 1:26.952 (+0.095)
Q3 Schumacher 1:26.857

Q3 Hamilton 1:26.433
Q3 Button 1:26.781 (+0.348)

Canada
Q2 Rosberg 1:16.001
Q2 Schumacher 1:16.492 (+0.491)

Q3 Hamilton 1:15.105
Q3 Button 1:15.520 (+0.415)

Valencia
Q2 Rosberg 1:38.627
Q2 Schumacher 1:39.234 (+0.607)

Q3 Hamilton 1:37.969
Q3 Button 1:38.210 (+0.241)

Silverstone
Q2 Rosberg 1:31.085 (+0.063)
Q2 Schumacher 1:31.022

Q2 Hamilton 1:31.118
Q2 Button 1:31.699 (+0.581)

Germany
Q2 Rosberg 1:15.018
Q2 Schumacher 1:15.026 (+0.008)

Q3 Hamilton 1:14.566 (+0.139)
Q3 Button 1:14.427

Hungary
Q2 Rosberg 1:20.811
Q2 Schumacher 1:21.630 (+0.819)

Q2 Hamilton 1:20.877
Q2 Button 1:21.292 (+0.415)

So really, if you look at that, i don't think Schumacher's actually disgraced himself against Rosberg anywhere near as much as Eddie Jordan would try and have us all believe!!!
Old 03-08-2010

put the fossil out to grass he is pastit never liked him

it was win or take out

why wont thay put youg driver in old b)%^&$d does not need money just
pubilistey stunt

if not leave him in garage as greese monkey