Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Vampire SR1 - The Future of ESC's?

Interested to see what people make of the Vampire ESC's advanced features......

So, looking around at Speedo's - having tried many and melting my brain with the crazy options available regarding 'timing', 'boost' and 'turbo' etc, and having recently bought a Renventon Pro with 'Hybid Boost' as my latest speedo, i'm not entirely convinced.
It's all complicated, and yet another thing that I need to set correctly to get the best out of it at each track.

Then - it was brought to my attention that the Vampire speedos do all this for you, no crazy settings, the speedo just works it all out for optimum performance!

Quote from Jimmy's news page - "The SR1 Series both use Vampire Racing exclusive “PTS – Power Timing System”, providing a distinct advantage over most other brushless systems. Designed as an adaptive system which continually calculates the ideal timing value gained from multiple parameters, resulting in a much improved feel for your car. This not only provides more performance, it especially means that it can handle the massive power of today’s brushless systems better than ever before…."

Link to news article : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...hlight=vampire

Having seen a 7.5 system run in a 4WD, it was an absolute missile, much quicker than one would expect of a 7.5, so maybe this is the way speedo's will go now - removing the 'user' from the equation and the speedo working out the optimum settings / timing etc based on these elusive 'multiple parameters'.

So - question is, is this 'distinct advantage' really fair play?
Also - looks like Vampire dropped the 'distinct advantage' text from many press releases....

If I were to buy a speedo, based on what I know and I have seen, it would be this one

What do other people think - is this tantamount to a driver aid I wonder, as electronics are stepping in and making changes throughout the race.

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk