Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Old 14-02-2009
Mad Member

Default Which !/8 buggy?

Am contemplating buying an 1/8 buggy. Was wondering what is regarded as the ONE to have?

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 14-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to Echelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sime46 View Post
Am contemplating buying an 1/8 buggy. Was wondering what is regarded as the ONE to have?
Hmm.. what about Xray 808 (2009 spec)
Old 14-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

or hotbodies d8, (world champion car)

there is no one car to have as you will find out!!
Old 14-02-2009

Send a message via MSN to savageracer1

id go for the xray 808 they are really strong buggys and with xrays quality you cant go far wrong, the only down side is that the spares are quite expensive in the UK. i've also herd good things about the hotbodies D8's they seem really good for the money and the spares are quite cheap, if you are after somthing cheaper than the above the Caster ZX1-R buggys have had great reviews they are only 250 pound new and again the spares are cheap to
hope this helps
Jake

Radio Racers Team Driver----Blue Lightning RC Products
www.radio-racers.co.uk
www.bluelightningrcproducts.com
Old 14-02-2009

I would go for the Losi8 been running one for last 2 seasons, you can get the older version for around £190 from DMS, personally I find them simple to work on and keep clean and very easy to drive.
Old 14-02-2009

I've had the RC8, xray 808, losi 8ight and my vote would be for the losi. The xray is good but things like the drive pins wear too quick and the parts are too expensive. I now have the losi 2.0 and all the little niggly things from the first version have been addresed but at £190 for the original it's a bargain. If you race electric I think you will find the losi easiest to drive.
Old 14-02-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

If you something fairly cheap, competative and damn near bullet proof you wont go far wrong with the Thunder Tiger S3, I have run one for 2 years now and it's gone really well for me every time.
Old 14-02-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

I bought a losi last season and coming from an electric background i found it very good and reliable. Have been considering an rc8 lately
Old 15-02-2009

id go for the 808 ive got one and the car is great,drive shaft pins do wear but so do others,and the xray bearings arnt that clever (imo),the car drives great totally standard and mine has only had a set of bearings in 5 gallon,parts are exspensive but they are top notch and the buggy is amazingly strong and reliable,if you want to race big time id have the 808 if you want something to throw in the shed and bring out the odd time it has to be the losi(at sub£200 they really are cheap)
Old 15-02-2009

ive had xray .thunder tiger, hypers ,and mugens, but the best buggy for your money buy far has to be the hong nor the older x1 is so tough its un real and the spares prices and back up are second to none the x2 version is also top notch much lighter beter exeleration and the same price on spares a the x1 you will also get a lot more change than if you buy an xray
trakpower
Old 15-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud View Post
id go for the 808 ive got one and the car is great,drive shaft pins do wear but so do others,and the xray bearings arnt that clever (imo),the car drives great totally standard and mine has only had a set of bearings in 5 gallon,parts are exspensive but they are top notch and the buggy is amazingly strong and reliable,if you want to race big time id have the 808 if you want something to throw in the shed and bring out the odd time it has to be the losi(at sub£200 they really are cheap)
Never had to change the drive pins on my losi 8ight and the 808 is no stronger than any other buggy on the market IMO. the losi is a proven winner all over the world with pro's and club racers but the 808 has won VERY little.
Old 15-02-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Never had to change the drive pins on my losi 8ight and the 808 is no stronger than any other buggy on the market IMO. the losi is a proven winner all over the world with pro's and club racers but the 808 has won VERY little.
i raced the losi for 2 years and needed to replace many a drive shaft pin along with many friends who also raced them,my 5 gallon old xray has less play in the hubs and steering system than a lightly used losi and the losi is proven in race conditions,i will agree the losi is a good car and at 200 pound its a steal it also fetched rally-x on no end with its design,but give the 808 some more time on the scene then the results may be more equal to that of the losi.
Old 16-02-2009

Are you after a rolling chassis or an RTR ?

The Maverick stealth seems to go well, good value for money. A starter box and a better steering servo are the only upgrades you will need.
Old 16-02-2009

The new Hong Nor X2-CR
Old 16-02-2009

Default Either

Hong Nor X2 or LRP S8BX !!!!!

Not biased Honest !!

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 16-02-2009

Driving the new Hong Nor and then the LRP i prefer the X2. Also they are near enough indestructable! (Hong Nor)
Old 16-02-2009

Iam running associated RC8 at the moment but all the new cars are good try to pick a well known make and one you can afford .

Bf

Associated rc8 x3
Mardave
Cat sx
Now a Xray m18t