Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Old 23-04-2009

Default hello ppl x6 or s2

hello guys i want some advice realy which cars better x6 or s2 which performs better? n doing better at races wud appricate your feedback thanks craig
Old 23-04-2009
Lee-Mag

I think the results speak for themselves, the x6 is national champion, 2 cars in the euro A final.

The S2 has also been discontinued.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The S2 is a great car, a joy to build/work on, easy to run & very fast.

But it has been discontinued as Lee says, and although I've never used an X6 so can't speak personally, The results do indeed suggest you needn't have any worries that an X6 wouldn't be quick enough!
Old 23-04-2009

s2 available in sale section now
Old 23-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

I think both are very good to drive just the X6 was more appealing at the lower price and became very popular because of it and it's slightly easier drivability, the S2 when it has a good setup has looked excellent and didn't lack at all just not enough people bought them to give them a good chance,
The pros and cons of both cars in my eyes...

the s2 is very expensive to buy straight off but you don't need any upgrades for it apart from losi shocks

the x6 is cheaper to start off but in the long run your going to most likely want several of the upgrades that some say are essential some don't, that the team drivers run to get as close to their setups as you can which does get expensive... losi shocks, espeed hangers and tplate, bk2 axles, roll bar for some tracks, dms shimz for ease, kfactory front shock tower for durability etc etc and more which ends up being more costly than any car I know of!

More people run the x6 so parts support and setup tips are quite easy to get hold of where as the s2 there arn't so many drivers to get setups from but parts support is just as good in my eyes as the car uses alot more parts from the b4 which obtaining those is easy, the only s2 parts i can think of that you could break is the rear shock tower or chassis which are the least likely parts to break.
Old 23-04-2009

its the usual ask 100 people and get 100 different answers...but from an unbiased non-team driver perspective :-

having owned both and purely from my own point of view, there is absolutley no question that it has to be the S2. only the S2 remains now and i'm so happy i made the swap. i agree it's expensive but you do get what you pay for.

spares backup for the S2 is still as good as it ever was so don't worry about that

i could write about why i made the swap but it would turn into a rant about the x-6 and i don't want to get my blood pressure up....

suffice to say, i'm happy with my S2 and i'm sure you would be if you got one.
Old 23-04-2009
Mad Member

As X Factory's owner, my input is certainly biased, so I will not give advice here as to which car is "best." In fact, I think every R/C car out there is "best" for at least one person at one track.

But I will respectfully disagree with a portion of Mike's post above, and will try not to excite Nick's doctor.

In our opinion, none of the upgrades Mike mentions is "essential," and every one of them is purely a matter of personal preference. The X - 6 Squared works perfectly well with AE shocks, and we have many set-ups posted with them, including two that come with the Kit. Brian Kinwald runs Kyosho shocks. Nobody is forced to spend 10 cents to buy or use any particular shocks at all.

The E-Speed Motor Plate Support certainly is not "essential." Most Family members use the plastic part supplied in the Kit without problem.

The same is true of the D.M.S. anti-squat shims. They look great and are easier to change, but the shims included with the Kit will work just fine forever. The D.M.S. shims do not make you faster.

Finally, the K Speed front tower is identical to the standard AE tower for performance purposes. Here again, it's mostly a matter of bling and a bit of extra strength. But certainly not "essential."

We do reccommend the #5660 axles, but they are not "essential." The E-Speed hangers do work very well on high-grip tracks such as you have there in U.K. But at most tracks around thw world, The New Math works very well right out of the box.

People spend gobs of money to upgrade X - 6s because they want to, not because they must. I've seen E-Maxxes worth $5,000 too, and you certainly don't need a $5,000 E-Max to bash about your back yard...

Engineering Without Fear
www.XFactoryRC.com
www.facebook.com/XFactoryRC
Old 23-04-2009
oOple Advertiser

Chazz sums it all up well, and this sort of topic seems to pop up every other day or so on here at the moment.

The thing that kep niggling me is when people talk about an X6 they list every hop up imaginable, yet when they talk about S2's or B4's they tend to mention none....

The K-Factory tower is a GREAT example of this, does it not do "EXACTLY" the same job on an S2 or B4 then?? Yet people list it as "essential for an X6" and never mention it for an S2/B4. And as yet I have not had one singel customer tell me that our carbon shim kit was an absolute must for their car and made them 2 seconds a lap quicker it is just a "nice" part just like the abundance of "nice" parts that every other car on the market today has available too.

As Chazz has said, there is nothing wrong with an S2, there is nothing wrong with a B4 (or any other car for that matter) some tracks will suit some drivers/cars better than others, what is quick at track A is somtimes not as good as others at track B........
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636
Old 23-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I know that all the parts arn't essential for the X6 but the main majority of people that can will try to get there car as much like the top drivers as they can and just turns out top drivers (craggy, lee martin etc) that run the B4 don't really run anything additional as it doesn't really benefit from anything else greatly compared to the many additional parts ellis etc runs on the x6, I know the X6 already runs well without them but the car certainly did handle alot better for me with losi shocks, espeed hangers and the bk2 axles, I know the other bits run are more for reliability/looks which most do still end up buying alot of in the end.

Back on subject though you need to try both cars really to see which you prefer the feel of or just pick one
Old 23-04-2009
Lee-Mag

This is the factory team version though Mike. The B4 has been developed and refined for god knows how long, it now comes with a plastic chassis, titanium turnbuckles etc etc because this is what they found to work best. The beauty with the Xfactory cars are there is constant developments, approx once a year the car makes a big leap forward. last year we had the 4 gear, this year we have the squared. AE cant to this because people would complain that they were releasing a new car every year, just like schuey and Xray in the onroad world. With Xfactory you can have a nearly new car for about £100, to me that is not expensive because we all buy a new kit for the start of most seasons or give the cars a good going over at some point.

I'm sure if Xfactory were to make a full kit then it would also include the best parts possible and be in the same ball park as the b4 xxxcr. But its not, because it is a conversion kit people try things a little bit more, look how far the x6 has come since the early days of the 3 gear car, i bet the current car is a second a lap faster now than the original 3 gear car on any track. The X cars attract and appeal to two types of drivers, A) those who enjoy tinkering and thinking about how to gain a tenth here and there and trying different things and B) those who like to throw the car on the track and know it is going to be safe to drive but quick at the same time. It's not going to bite you unless you do something silly.

The only mods i ever use on my cars are the hangers, bk axles and the losi shocks. The shocks can be picked up at sensible prices if you know where to look.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-04-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hudson View Post
I know that all the parts arn't essential for the X6 but the main majority of people that can will try to get there car as much like the top drivers as they can and just turns out top drivers (craggy, lee martin etc) that run the B4 don't really run anything additional as it doesn't really benefit from anything else greatly compared to the many additional parts ellis etc runs on the x6, I know the X6 already runs well without them but the car certainly did handle alot better for me with losi shocks, espeed hangers and the bk2 axles, I know the other bits run are more for reliability/looks which most do still end up buying alot of in the end.
Not always mate...

SCAB, RPM gear cover somtimes, Brass rear block, brass front bulkhead (which we dont use on the X6 much) even saw a Brass battery strap on here the other day for the B4 plus of course the bits we use on ours too (K Factory tower, Lunsford Ti front axles, RPM bumper, Rayspeed hubs etc)
Old 23-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

None conversions will always be cheaper simply due to what they are. A b4 will always be cheaper than a B4+conversion, stands to reason. This can be mitigated by selling bits you don't use!

Ultimately, they are both good cars, I prefer the S2 because I am not a driver from point A in Lee's post, and because I like carbon bling! But the X6 has great results and is a current kit!
Old 23-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm with Dave's post
Old 23-04-2009
oOple Advertiser

I second that a very sensible post, some like to tinker for the slighest reward and others dont, some love bling some could care for it.....

As they say you pays your money and takes your pick............
Old 23-04-2009

cheers guys feedback much greatfull i think im gonna buy a new factory team b4 kit then save up for a x6 conversion kit wot u think ppl?
Old 23-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hudson View Post

Back on subject though you need to try both cars really to see which you prefer the feel of or just pick one
Do you have the same moan saved on word then just change it around a little for every post that goes on the X Factory forum section

Right just to set the record straight, I run 2 additional parts that I think are needed for a lot of the tracks over here!!! They are the hangers and the axles!! That is it, anything else on my car is there because I want it for my own preferences. I have the front tower as I broke about 10 B4 ones in about 4 meetings, why pay out for so many towers when I can fit a K Factory one and finish races, I'm happy as the car stays in one bit, for me, Chazz is happy as I don't order front towers by the bucket load.

The T piece brace does exactly the same as the plastic one, only difference is the metal one does not "spring" the nut loose so I can tighten it more without it backing off.

My rear hubs, I ran them when I first got the car and was trying lots of different things, very rarely change them now and to be fair if I didn't have them it would be no lose, but I'm not just going to take them off for no reason.

Losi shocks, I have them as I didn't want parts for 2 different types of shocks to carry around and also I have run losi shocks for years, so why change. The car is very quick with ae shocks, admittedly the losi ones for some reason are just a touch faster but not sure why.

As to the reference to the ae boys not changing much that will be because they are probably not allowed to!! Can't imagine ae being too happy if the guys ran losi shocks can you, even if they were 2 seconds a lap faster, same with front towers, if they ran a K Factory one what would that say, the B4 stock one is weak??? I have no such limits to what I am allowed to run, if I thought Academy shocks were good I am allowed to have them on there. If I could get different front arms believe me I would have them on there as I get through one hell of a lot of them.

What people want to copy is up to them, if they want a strong car, like I do, then some may choose to go the same route as I have with parts.

Even if I ran a B4 privatly I would want the front tower and rear hubs, and probably a rear tower as well with how many I have seen go over the years.

As others have said, they are all very good cars, you don't really get a bad one now, especially not in 2wd. It all comes down to how easy cars are to drive for each person.

Just every time I seem to come on here recently people are coming out with things that just aren't correct or saying things are needed to get the car to go when they are not.

Rant over
Old 23-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

haha not quite I wasn't moaning at all, just contributing my opinion, when I ran the car last outdoor season I was very impressed with it, just found it a little excessive at some points buying several extras to be able to get to yours and other xfactory team drivers setups although worth every penny and nice to get new bits over the year to put on the car, when I decided to sell it on was very shocked with how much it all actually totalled up to Would happily run the car again... most likely will if I get sick of rear motor cars again
Old 23-04-2009
BANNED

In 2007 I ran a bog standard kit, no upgrades whatsoever - it was the original oOple review car.

It was ACE.

I only broke it once, in a fight with the kerb stones on the straight at Southport.

For a driver of my ability chasing the set-up of the top drivers is futile, 'cos my thumbs are not up to it. Spending mucho-dosh to chase their set-up is a very alien concept to me.

I'd run a standard kit again, and be very happy with it.
SP12/RC10/XLS/JRX-2/XX/XXCR/XXCR-KE/XXX/XXXBK2/CR2/Xpro/B4/XX4/XXX4/X5/X11/DEX410/DEX210/DNX408/8ight/VW Golf GTI MK2/VW Golf TDI Wagon/Ovlov V70 D5/VW Beetle II (registered to Carrie)/Bailey Ranger/(does anyone read this bullshit?)/Creda Tumble2/HotPoint FE800/BOSCH SGS45C02GB/Dyson DC04/new patio doors & windows/freshly painted bannister rail & skirting boards, baby.
Old 23-04-2009

The X6 is an awesome car but its number is increased at the circuits every day. Not too long to be like the B4 before.
With the S2 you don´t have the same "factory drivers" support but it can be as fast as the x6 and also have the effect of having a "unique" car.
Old 23-04-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Do you have the same moan saved on word then just change it around a little for every post that goes on the X Factory forum section

Right just to set the record straight, I run 2 additional parts that I think are needed for a lot of the tracks over here!!! They are the hangers and the axles!! That is it, anything else on my car is there because I want it for my own preferences. I have the front tower as I broke about 10 B4 ones in about 4 meetings, why pay out for so many towers when I can fit a K Factory one and finish races, I'm happy as the car stays in one bit, for me, Chazz is happy as I don't order front towers by the bucket load.

The T piece brace does exactly the same as the plastic one, only difference is the metal one does not "spring" the nut loose so I can tighten it more without it backing off.

My rear hubs, I ran them when I first got the car and was trying lots of different things, very rarely change them now and to be fair if I didn't have them it would be no lose, but I'm not just going to take them off for no reason.

Losi shocks, I have them as I didn't want parts for 2 different types of shocks to carry around and also I have run losi shocks for years, so why change. The car is very quick with ae shocks, admittedly the losi ones for some reason are just a touch faster but not sure why.

As to the reference to the ae boys not changing much that will be because they are probably not allowed to!! Can't imagine ae being too happy if the guys ran losi shocks can you, even if they were 2 seconds a lap faster, same with front towers, if they ran a K Factory one what would that say, the B4 stock one is weak??? I have no such limits to what I am allowed to run, if I thought Academy shocks were good I am allowed to have them on there. If I could get different front arms believe me I would have them on there as I get through one hell of a lot of them.

What people want to copy is up to them, if they want a strong car, like I do, then some may choose to go the same route as I have with parts.

Even if I ran a B4 privatly I would want the front tower and rear hubs, and probably a rear tower as well with how many I have seen go over the years.

As others have said, they are all very good cars, you don't really get a bad one now, especially not in 2wd. It all comes down to how easy cars are to drive for each person.

Just every time I seem to come on here recently people are coming out with things that just aren't correct or saying things are needed to get the car to go when they are not.

Rant over
Ellis, breathe in, breathe out, nice deep breaths now mate.........LOL Jokes aside, could not agree more!!!