Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 25-07-2009
Mad Member

Default Xcelorin Sensored Firmware - Bad Experience!

I see there is a newish update (june version 2.9) for this speedo. Has anyone upgraded yet? Last time i did this the new flash didn't work properly and i had to use the old image again until a fix was provided. Bit nervous about going with the update!
Old 25-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
I see there is a newish update (june version 2.9) for this speedo. Has anyone upgraded yet? Last time i did this the new flash didn't work properly and i had to use the old image again until a fix was provided. Bit nervous about going with the update!
Im running it on both mine.

Works fine, get in touch with Brian Preddy he's the losi software man for the team and he sorts mine out
Old 25-07-2009
Mad Member

Cheers Danny, will give it a go then
Old 28-07-2009
Mad Member

So i flashed my esc tonight to E010134.LSC. All seemed well i reset to factory defaults and rebooted the esc. Laptop picked it up fine and changed the settings back to what they were with version D110125.LSC. Software confirmed settings had been sent and i read the esc which also confirmed the settings had taken.

Put a battery in the car and switched the esc on, fan kicked in and all looked well. However as soon as i switched my radio on the fan slowed a little, and there was a massive flash from either the esc or the blue capacitor thing connected to it. Could not get it to work and didn't want to fry the esc any further. In a last ditch attempt i connected the esc back to my laptop and to my surprise was still able to connect to it. I flashed it back to D110125.LSC, reset it and re-applied my settings.

The esc is now working again, but it is not right. Get various error messages when connecting to the laptop.

Appears to be a real problem with the latest flash version, for info i am running the acoms 2.4ghz wheel and a novak 6.5 motor.

I have since also noticed that one of the connectors to the blue capacitor thing is blown, but the car does seem to run.

Can anyone advise me what the blue capacitor thing does and can i run it without if for a weekend.

Also think i better speak with Horizon as should get it ixed long term. Think i have spoken to them before, but lost the email address i had, can anyone help?

Gutted . Should of learned from last time, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

This esc is good at the track but configuring it has been a real pain.
Old 28-07-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble34 View Post
So i flashed my esc tonight to E010134.LSC. All seemed well i reset to factory defaults and rebooted the esc. Laptop picked it up fine and changed the settings back to what they were with version D110125.LSC. Software confirmed settings had been sent and i read the esc which also confirmed the settings had taken.

Put a battery in the car and switched the esc on, fan kicked in and all looked well. However as soon as i switched my radio on the fan slowed a little, and there was a massive flash from either the esc or the blue capacitor thing connected to it. Could not get it to work and didn't want to fry the esc any further. In a last ditch attempt i connected the esc back to my laptop and to my surprise was still able to connect to it. I flashed it back to D110125.LSC, reset it and re-applied my settings.

The esc is now working again, but it is not right. Get various error messages when connecting to the laptop.

Appears to be a real problem with the latest flash version, for info i am running the acoms 2.4ghz wheel and a novak 6.5 motor.

I have since also noticed that one of the connectors to the blue capacitor thing is blown, but the car does seem to run.

Can anyone advise me what the blue capacitor thing does and can i run it without if for a weekend.

Also think i better speak with Horizon as should get it ixed long term. Think i have spoken to them before, but lost the email address i had, can anyone help?

Gutted . Should of learned from last time, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

This esc is good at the track but configuring it has been a real pain.

Perhaps you shoud try installing this version D01012901.lsc
as the one you described above E010134.LSC is for the sensorless speedo's

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 28-07-2009
Mad Member

arghhhhhh, what an idiot. What about the capacitior thing, can i live without it? So annoyed with myself!
Old 29-07-2009
Super Moderator

I wouldn't run without it, it's there for a reason.

G
Old 29-07-2009
Mad Member

Thanks Northy i have been speaking with someone from the local club who knows a fair bit about electrics. I have tested the capacitor and it is ok so have re-soldered it back together and all is well. What an idiot!
Old 29-07-2009

I am running 2.9 without any problems. No detectable difference to 2.8N as far as I can tell, but then again 2.8N was great anyway.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST