Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 03-09-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

that is a good starting point, obviously, you may want to change the TP setting, DB and limiter, but thats a good place to start.
Old 05-09-2009

Going to update the software later this afternoon on both my cars

What settings would you go with for 7.5 motors in both a XXCR and Cat SX?

Haven't ordered a speed passion 6.5 yet
Old 07-09-2009

Send a message via Yahoo to Randy p

I'd be looking at dual mode for both with timing advance in the 80-90 range on both.
Old 07-09-2009

12th Scale / 4 cell & 10.5BL

were to start with the above please for the esc?

rollout will be approx 55mm to 60mm
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 08-09-2009
oOple Advertiser

Default Backwards

How to I set up my RS to run the motor backwards? (i'm running it in an Atomic Carbon CR conversion)

Cheers
Old 08-09-2009

You need the Hotwire, and your RS updated to the latest software, dude.
Old 08-09-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
You need the Hotwire, and your RS updated to the latest software, dude.
Yep, all done, but can't find where to change the settings for the reverse
Old 08-09-2009

you should have a couple of check boxes on the right, one says 1S, the other should be Reverse Motor.
Old 08-09-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
you should have a couple of check boxes on the right, one says 1S, the other should be Reverse Motor.
Ok, i'll have another looksy, and try and sort it out. ............ cheers for that mate

Alec
Old 09-09-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Sorted, cheers mate, the software hadn't downloaded correctly, .......... done it all again and up it pops,

Thanks
Alec
Old 09-09-2009

no worries dude!
Old 10-09-2009

I need help in upgrading my RS from V2.7 to V3.25.

I am using dual RS/17.5T combo for my Crawler and I would like to make use of the reverse mode for my rear ESC/motor. If I can enable this feature, I should be able to program my Reverse to 50% so that I do not have a ballistic reverse.

I downloaded the SW from the Tekin site and installed in my PC/Vista. When enabling the Hotwire app, I get "Index was outside the bounds of array" error. I am also not able to update successfully the ESC with the update button. the Version of ESC shows "180" which is the old version of the ESC. Tick boxes shows for 1s, Sensored and Dual mode but no "reverse motor".
Old 10-09-2009
oOple Advertiser

Using my RS for the first time with the new software last night I noticed that the stick had to be pushed forward quite a way before the car moved. I have tried resetting the speedo to make sure the neutral is correct but it hasn't helped. If I advanced the trim 16 clicks the car is more instant but that can't be right. Anyone know what would be wrong?, could it be the neutral width setting on the speedo? , if so, what should it be set to to get the problem sorted?

Alec
Old 10-09-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
Using my RS for the first time with the new software last night I noticed that the stick had to be pushed forward quite a way before the car moved. I have tried resetting the speedo to make sure the neutral is correct but it hasn't helped. If I advanced the trim 16 clicks the car is more instant but that can't be right. Anyone know what would be wrong?, could it be the neutral width setting on the speedo? , if so, what should it be set to to get the problem sorted?

Alec
Yes I set my neutral width to the minimum.
Old 10-09-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabs View Post
Yes I set my neutral width to the minimum.
I'll try that and see if the problem goes away,

Thanks
Old 10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post

Alec
Alec,

you should have said that was the problem last night- I had my Hotwire with me! I've got my Neautral Width set to 10, 8-10 is the minimum amount recomended by Tekin. Is that what you're running?

Cheers,
Chris.

- Royal Racing Paint - <clicky>
Old 10-09-2009
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagofSkill View Post
Alec,

you should have said that was the problem last night- I had my Hotwire with me! I've got my Neautral Width set to 10, 8-10 is the minimum amount recomended by Tekin. Is that what you're running?

Cheers,
Chris.
Not sure Chris, i'll have a look later when I finish work. I've only ever run the RS in my micro and can't remember the settings.
Old 10-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangracer View Post
I need help in upgrading my RS from V2.7 to V3.25.

I am using dual RS/17.5T combo for my Crawler and I would like to make use of the reverse mode for my rear ESC/motor. If I can enable this feature, I should be able to program my Reverse to 50% so that I do not have a ballistic reverse.

I downloaded the SW from the Tekin site and installed in my PC/Vista. When enabling the Hotwire app, I get "Index was outside the bounds of array" error. I am also not able to update successfully the ESC with the update button. the Version of ESC shows "180" which is the old version of the ESC. Tick boxes shows for 1s, Sensored and Dual mode but no "reverse motor".
Firstly, have you installed the SW right? There is a involved proccedure for updating Hotwire on Vista machines that involves manualy deleting the SW from a virtual memory. Then have you got the latest software emailed to you by Randy at Tekin? Should be v200. When I had v198 I was also getting that error message and there was no 'reverse motor' function. Last I saw v200 wan't available as the standard update on the website, only if you emailed Randy and asked for it direct, because theres a new function which you should read the warning for before you use it.

- Royal Racing Paint - <clicky>
Old 12-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BagofSkill View Post
Firstly, have you installed the SW right? There is a involved proccedure for updating Hotwire on Vista machines that involves manualy deleting the SW from a virtual memory. Then have you got the latest software emailed to you by Randy at Tekin? Should be v200. When I had v198 I was also getting that error message and there was no 'reverse motor' function. Last I saw v200 wan't available as the standard update on the website, only if you emailed Randy and asked for it direct, because theres a new function which you should read the warning for before you use it.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Now I got the idea that I have to contact Randy for the new SW.
Old 14-09-2009

Question Help, 10.5 gearing?

Hi

I am thinking of buying the Tekin RS Esc and a 10.5t motor.

What gearing would you recommend as a good starting point.