Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 06-05-2010
Mad Member

I saw the guys break servo savers as well. Another part that should be revised.

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 06-05-2010

The drive pins, and ring gears seem to be the weakest parts I've found on my 410.
I stopped using the TD drive pins and use a solid pin with no flat spot, and two set screws for each pin. Shimming the diff so the ring gear fits a bit tighter against the bevel gear has helped prevent the ring gears from breaking teeth. Also, the screw holes in the front and rear bulkheads strip a little too easily, so I coat the stripped holes with epoxy, and cut new threads.
All in all, the 410 is more bulletproof than any other car I've owned for the last 24 years. All the others had many more "tricks" that had to be done, to improve durability and/or performance.
Old 07-05-2010

Hy Guys,
okey I will also give the bearing a try to fix my pin problem ..
here is another thing happend last race ass my car sounds like makig a Cappuchino on the straight

the machined fixed pin moved out in the kardan (photo 1)

and gone trough the plastik housing of the diff and damaged the diffoutdrive ...
eieieie think happend sometimes you cannot believe..

regards Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kardan.jpg (96.6 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg plastic.jpg (139.8 KB, 179 views)
Old 07-05-2010
Mad Member

One of you guys will get a black flag soon!

"Look - that car's on fire!"

Tech Tips, HopUps & Bling

Xray 2014 XB4 4WD & 2WD | B4 FTW Night Fox XL | Mugen MRX-5 | RB | Futaba 3VCS FASST | Faskolor

Visit my showroom
Old 07-05-2010

I think a properly set slipper clutch is your best protection.
Old 08-05-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
Hy Guys,
here is another thing happend last race ass my car sounds like makig a Cappuchino on the straight

and gone trough the plastik housing of the diff and damaged the diffoutdrive ...

regards Tom
is the end of the drive shaft near the pin cracked? if so contact TD and they will assist you
Old 08-05-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35238
Old 09-05-2010
Mad Member

That cut bearing mod looks poor (nicely finished car and some crap old bits of bearing on it)
Do yourselfs a favour and buy another set of the tubes that go on the outdrives (they are only cheap) cut off the flanged end and slide it over the rear prop cvd (it is a perfect tight fit) then secure by using one of the small outer rear cvd gator pushed over it! simple's and when you want to remove the diffs etc , the tubes/gator still fit out of the transmission holders.......do the same for the front prop so they look the same and production....not some old ballbag bearing
cheers
Scott
Old 09-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
Hy Guys,

regards Tom
Be sure the end of the shaft around the hole is not cracked. If it is, toss it away and get a new shaft.
If the end of the shaft is not cracked, you can "crimp" the center of the pin by hammering it with the tip of a screwdriver. Just a slight crimp will suffice. Then, press the pin back into the shaft. I've never had to do this to the shafts on my 410, but I have done it to a few other cars, and the pins stayed in place.
Old 09-05-2010

I have to admit i had some problems early on, even if i built them to the bulletproof your cvd's on the website. I had some small collers made, nothing particularly fancy, i fitted them using a small round file so they simply pushed over the cvd body tightly, iv never had any problems with them since. As for the drivetrain iv never had a problem and would be surprised if you would when the slipper is set up properly. The problem is there is simply nothing to give at all between the motor and the wheel, so its quite critical you pay attention to the slipper.
Old 10-05-2010

why do people keep moaning about this car. A good idea would be to stop crashing and learn to drive your cars. i have never had any issues with these so called drive shaft problems. build it right the first time and just get on with it.
Old 10-05-2010
Mad Member

Its a forum. People express their opinion. Some of us have had issues. Some not. Doesn't mean that the ones with problems are all idiots? Sometimes we share stuff on here and solutions are found=happy days. Its a great car and I wouldn't swap mine for any other.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 11-05-2010

@ Elvo,
my Slipper was set right cause I spend in the practice at the last race a lot of time for that due to the slippery track.

@rc10fan
for those who knew me they know that I really love that car and I will not change it at all, also I do not want to but it in a negativ light but this is a constructiv forum and I will only share my opinion with the other DEX drivers and so the way is done for solutions and for the Durango team who is reading this Forum all these things are a helpfull feedback to make there car better and better.

But maybe you're right, you're the topdriver and we are all just beginners...

In the near future I'm shure Team Durango will find a nice solution for some issues

so far... see you at the track
king regards Tom
Old 11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc10fan View Post
why do people keep moaning about this car. A good idea would be to stop crashing and learn to drive your cars. i have never had any issues with these so called drive shaft problems. build it right the first time and just get on with it.
this has to be one of the most narrow minded, short sighted post i've seen in a long while.

Without all this feedback from users around the world, Team Durango would have a very difficult time improving an already great car and staying ahead of the field.

Imo, every user should report any issue they have with the DEX410, no matter how small or insignificant it may appear to with. This data will enable Team Durango to more accurately determine what is engineering / mfg oversights vs user error..

FYI... no one here is whinging mate... people are just reporting issues they've experience under their circumstances. Be it driver issues or track design.
If you've had a good run great. perhaps you just sit yours on the shelf, but tracks and drivers around the world are all different. Any mfg should be grateful for such feedback.
Old 11-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc10fan View Post
Do you hear this Team Durango. If you haven't learnt to drive your car, if you crash, if you are not an ace mechanic... then don't buy a DEX410, you are not worthy or competent enough.

I have seen plenty of the worlds best drivers crash in their mains. Just jump on youtube buddy and check out any major race. Tebo, Maifield, Cav, all of them.

I have witnessed top drivers with 25 years of experience wrenching their cars to perfection, have to pull out of their a-main because of a pin break on their DEX410. It's just lame whether it happen to you, or a fellow racer you are nose to tail with.

-----------------------------------

I know that this car is for racers, but it has been released to the general public, not just team drivers. I haven't had one break for a long while now, but the last time one did it chewed my lipo. I'm not sure when it will happen again. Come on TD, sort this little issue out, and look after the guys who are supporting you and for the most part singing your praises.
Old 12-05-2010

I have also had problems with the pin in the shaft that breaks very easy.

Servo saver is made of thin and brittle plastic and is impossible to improve it by ourselves, there is no space. I wait for something better there, hopefully soon!
Durango should come with something more solid, I know several racers who have broken the saver and the pins in the axl, inc. myself!

I love the car, but this is def.not good...
Old 12-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnefles View Post
I have also had problems with the pin in the shaft that breaks very easy.

Servo saver is made of thin and brittle plastic and is impossible to improve it by ourselves, there is no space. I wait for something better there, hopefully soon!
Durango should come with something more solid, I know several racers who have broken the saver and the pins in the axl, inc. myself!

I love the car, but this is def.not good...
Both the servo saver, and the axle drive pins can be saved by properly adjusting the servo saver nut, and the slipper nut. If the slipper is too tight, it will not provide any buffer between the motor and ground. Both can be brutal on the pins. I had trouble with broken drive pins before I learned to adjust the slipper properly. It's very important. The servo saver is indeed very thin in the spot it breaks, but most failures can be prevented by making sure the nut is not too tight. Use the adjustments at hand, before blaming the design. Many of the posts on this Forum about failed parts claim improper user adjustment, or improper user assembly. I, for the most part, agree.
Old 12-05-2010

Know what you mean by adjusting properly, but it should withstand more. On all other cars I've had, this has been a lot more solid. I have had many other cars and several top cars like yokomo and TRF501x. It should be said that the other has more and other types of vulnerabilities.
It certainly had been deceived by the Durango and made the parts a little more solid instead of all this negative discussion in several forums.
All these wasted weaknesses in an otherwise amazing car.