Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Batley Buggy Club

Old 09-05-2010

Default new racer

Hi iam looking for some advice i use to race a few years back and are looking to give it a go again at the moment i have a old B4 with a 7.5 brushless and a old lipo 4800. What sort of wind motors and batts dose everyone use now. Also could you let me know when the next meet is on please. Thanks
Old 10-05-2010
Admin

Hi Pete,
What you have there sounds about right. I run a B4 with an 8.5 brushless, and reasonable lipo. This is still competative enough at pretty much any club meeting anywhere. Most of the other guys run maybe between 6.5 and 8.5 in 2wd, depending how power mad they are
I believe from memory the next meeting is in 2 weeks, but I received a full calender yesterday which I will post ASAP.
Old 10-05-2010

thanks for that will have to come down and give it a run at the next meet
Old 25-05-2010

You must come. The club is v friendly and everyone seems to get along fine. No matter how rubbish you are (like me). I was at another RC club meet recently which shall remain nameless, and I heard all sorts of complaints and ranting and raving and threats of official complaints about being punted off the track and people being too aggressive. It ain't like that at Batley. Folks just want to have fun racing. Once I learnt that I started to relax and have fun, as you will. Obviously when leaders come through you give them room, but if you make a mistake here no one will slash your car tyres. It's cool. Fun. Come.
Old 25-05-2010

Oh, and in the interests of fairness, the club to which I was refering, which was too competitive for it's own well being, was NOT York. The club to which I was referring does not know me on this forum, nor will it ever. York does. I wasn't refering to York.
Old 26-05-2010

it was a great day. But had a prob with my car it just stoped so had to cut day short but will be giveing it a go again