Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 19-12-2010

As an FYI, both versions of the SX10 4w - standard and Pro come with big bores if you wanted to order from TQ.

Facebook: Viper R/C Solutions
Twitter: ViperRCTeam

sponsored by: Viper R/C Solutions, J Concepts, ARC USA, X Factory, Xpert R/C US
Old 31-12-2010

Mine arrived today, there are some notable improvements over the TC-04.
The diff and slipper outdrives have been lightened and it's a different type of plastic, seems much better than the original (more like hot bodies).

The bild starts tonight.
Old 01-01-2011

I heard the original 4wd ate up drive/bevel gears easily, has this problem been addressed?

also, if I buy the old plastic version 4wd, how do I know that the bevel gears are the updated ones, assuming that they have fixed the problem.
Old 01-01-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post
I heard the original 4wd ate up drive/bevel gears easily, has this problem been addressed?

also, if I buy the old plastic version 4wd, how do I know that the bevel gears are the updated ones, assuming that they have fixed the problem.
Not that im aware of. So long as the gears are properly shimmed you shouldn't have any trouble. I did strip a front gear but that is because I cracked the front transmission case and I decided to keep racing with it. My rear transmission is the original is running just fine.

The problem is that the kit only comes with 4 shims so you need to order an extra pack. Personally I use 3 front/rear and that gives a good mesh
Old 01-01-2011

I agree, the kit didnt have enough shims and people ran them anyway. I shimmed mine so there was just a tiny amount of play and it ran fine all season.
Old 01-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastinfastout View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by notme View Post
I agree, the kit didnt have enough shims and people ran them anyway. I shimmed mine so there was just a tiny amount of play and it ran fine all season.
The guys are right, it wasn't as much the gears more the shimming. Also the first type of plastic they were using was a little soft, the new stuff is so much better.

FYI - I've been building my new car, some points of interest.
The centre diff/motor has been moved forward by about 6-7mm from the plastic car.
The batteries have been moved fwd by 4-5mm
The overall wheelbase is also shorter by about 2-3mm.
Old 02-01-2011

Where are you guys getting the extra packet of shims, do tcmodels have such a thing?
Old 02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefrog View Post
Where are you guys getting the extra packet of shims, do tcmodels have such a thing?
Yes, part# TR4057, 10x12x.2 , 8 per pack.
I do not know if the later released kits come with more shims..? Mine was one of the early kits out, bought in april of 10'.

Very interesting that they changed the motor and battery placement, it will change things significantly!
Old 02-01-2011

I've been totally slack I haven't even ran mine yet, it's just sitting there shiny as the day it was built, haven't ran the mid motor 2wd either since I never had a saddle pack. But I've ordered one today. I did order a spare gear or two for the 4wd when I got the conversion kit but didn't get shims, I'll get those next time I guess
Old 02-01-2011

I have a few sitting here I could spare if you need them....
Old 02-01-2011

It's ok I order some parts once in a while and I have at least one spare gear . I don't have fast motor for it anyway. After I drive it a bit and get the bugs out I'll probably get a 6.5T and see if I can set the lap record for the little backyard track might even get close with the mid motor 2wd
Old 02-01-2011
Mad Member

Does anybody know when the Ansmann branded one will arrive in the UK?
I currently have a std X4 pro but with big bores and aluminium upgrade parts. Still unsure whether to keep waiting or just order the CF chassis from TC models
Old 02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicefrog View Post
I've been totally slack I haven't even ran mine yet, it's just sitting there shiny as the day it was built, haven't ran the mid motor 2wd either since I never had a saddle pack. But I've ordered one today. I did order a spare gear or two for the 4wd when I got the conversion kit but didn't get shims, I'll get those next time I guess
To help protect your gears make sure your brake is set at 85-90% maximum. I have speedie at 90% and radio at 90%.
Also with the shims you have put them both on the gear side to make it as tight as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
Does anybody know when the Ansmann branded one will arrive in the UK?
I currently have a std X4 pro but with big bores and aluminium upgrade parts. Still unsure whether to keep waiting or just order the CF chassis from TC models
Hey Chris, it's not as simple as just getting the chassis you'll need new Fr/Rear centre shafts, both top plates, and the chassis plastics.
It's worth the wait, couldn't be far off now that I have mine.

Old 02-01-2011
Mad Member

I was aware of the need for the plastic sides and new top decks. How come new centre shafts are needed?
Old 03-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris56 View Post
I was aware of the need for the plastic sides and new top decks. How come new centre shafts are needed?
maybe cos of the following reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
FYI - I've been building my new car, some points of interest.
The centre diff/motor has been moved forward by about 6-7mm from the plastic car.
The batteries have been moved fwd by 4-5mm
The overall wheelbase is also shorter by about 2-3mm.